Metal Storm logo
Kataklysm - To Tour Australia And New Zealand

Kataklysm is proud to announce its first ever Australian & New Zealand tour!!

Thursday March 20th: @ Valve, Wellington, NZ
Saturday March 22nd: @ Transmission Room, Auckland , NZ (All Ages)
Sunday March 23rd: @ Metalstock Festival, Sydney, AU (All Ages) *Headliner
Tuesday March 25th: @ Amplifier Bar, Perth, AU
Thursday March 27th: @ Fowlers Live, Adelaide, AU (All Ages)
Friday March 28th: @ Club Phoenix, Brisbane, AU
Saturday March 29th: @ The Corner Hotel, Melbourne, AU

In other news, Kataklysm were forced to cancel the shows in Dublin and Glasgow on the 21st and 22nd [October] for circumstances beyong the band's control.

"What a disapointment it was... What happend is simple. We didn't wanna make a big fuss out of it, but the hordes of angry Scotish and Irish fans contacting us, wondering why we cancelled, made me issue this update. We were 10 min. away from the fairy to Ireland when our tour manager woke us up in the early morning, telling us that the driver had been arrested because of overdrives and not taking the required rest time - In Europe, a new law has been established for six months, demanding new restrictions and less road times for drivers. This law had been protested by drivers and they made an example out of us.
Our driver was a cool cat, worked hard for us but he needed to get to Dublin in time so he broke the law. Since it happend a few times on this tour, the bus records couldn't lie, so the officer (a douchbag by the way) had no compensation and gave us the maximum fines, which included arresting the driver and taking the bus... So we were stranded in Wales. Special thanks to the whole Rock the Nation organization, who solved the problem extremely fast and got us and Aborted a nice hotel. We waited for a new bus to pick us up the next day, which did but just a tad too late to make it in time to Glasgow. We will make it up next year, we won't forget!! Everything else is killer, the tour was a gem and we look forward to the NB festival this weekend, and going back home to pound the US and Canadian soil on the Chimaira tour... It's gona kill!!"

Click here to check out the Kataklysm tour dates for the upcoming North American headlining tour with Divine Heresy (selected dates only), Chimaira, Terror and The End.

Source: kataklysmrocks.com
Band profile: Kataklysm
Event: Kataklysm: Australian Tour (New Zealand Portion CANCELLED)
Posted: 04.11.2007 by Syk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 4 users
04.11.2007 - 17:06
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Yeah I read about the tour cancellation in Dublin and Glasgow, that really sucked. I mean the bands were there, the equipment as well,, no weather problems, the venue was a go,, and suddenly that,, bus driver...

imo, douchbag or not, he was doing his job, the bus driver should have known better!

Anyways I already got my ticket to see'em in NA tour by the end of this month?

Does anyone know how Chimaira sound like?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
04.11.2007 - 17:16
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Bararey on 04.11.2007 at 17:06
Does anyone know how Chimaira sound like?
They suck, metalcore rap bullshit that tries to pass itself off as thrash with an occasional decent job of grooving. Half of me doesn't know why Kata are touring with these fuckers ... there are a few songs you can listen to at http://www.myspace.com/chimaira

I hope we have better support acts when they drop by NZ, that is if they don't cancel again...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
04.11.2007 - 17:24
Bararey
Winter is Coming
@Syk,

thanks, I think Kata are doing for the same reason other bands are doing it ,, to get more popular and gain a wider fan circle. well at least that is good that Chimaira are headlining I can go home early
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
05.11.2007 - 06:37
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
Lol gee I wonder who wrote this.
Why didn't you do an Immortal one too???
05.11.2007 - 07:39
Syk
myspace/bonerama
There was nothing about it on their site. Forgot to check their myspace... *does so* ...and nothing there either.

So yeah, apparently guys, Immortal are approaching us in the same month. Keep ya eyes open

Maybe I should footnote, anyone who clicks the news source link will also find a short statement from J-F in support of Decapitated
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 4381 | This month: 5