Metal Storm logo
Survivorman/Man vs Wild

05.11.2007 - 08:16
Asphyxia
Account deleted
This television series is hosted by Les Stroud, a survival expert. If you have not seen it, he goes to different places all over the world and survives by himself while shooting (all by himself) a documentary of his experience, and demonstrating proper survival techniques. I catch this program on the Discovery Channel, since I don't get the Science Channel.

There is a similar show, hosted by Bear Grylls, called Man vs Wild, though this show is not nearly as genuine as Survivorman (IMO). Bear Grylls simply presents survival techniques, while being followed by a camera crew (he also gets his survival information from a seperate survival expert, rather than demonstrating his own knowledge).

Hopefully some of you all know of these two programs. If so, let's get some conversation going. If not, maybe check them out yourselves!
09.11.2007 - 09:48
b0000mst1ck

survivorman's the shit. my favorite episode was when he ran out of gas in the desert then tore the truck apart...lol.

as for man vs. wild that guy's a total fake. he doesn't even stay in the wild at night. they'll shoot the "overnight scenes" just after dark, then a helicopter picks up him and his crew and they go to a hotel to sleep. puss.
16.11.2007 - 04:23
Soliloquy

i saw a few videos of survivorman...makes you wonder, how is the guy still alive! i mean, sure, he walks out of everything, but shouldnt he die of malnutrition or something?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
16.11.2007 - 04:45
Account deleted
Survivorman is as genuine as you can get. That show is amazing. I have so much respect for Les Stroud.
15.12.2008 - 10:08
combaticus12
Account deleted
Survivorman owns, hands down. Not that Bear Grylls isn't a hardcore mofo, he's just not as hardcore as Stroud. That dude eats all sorts of crazy stuff hauls cameras around EVERYWHERE he goes, even if it means placing one at the bottom of a dune, climbing UP the dune, going BACK down to get the camera only to climb BACK UP the same damn dune. What a trooper.