Metal Storm logo
Plug-ins for Guitar Pro?

06.11.2007 - 00:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I wanna use sound effect of roaring thunders in one of my songs i composing in Guitar Pro, but this effect is not presented here...i may try to make it with Seashore sound but this will never be good enough...

so i wonder if there is any possibility that someone made a sound bank for this thunder effect which is possible to found it anywhere and import it in Guitar Pro - if it is even possible to import new sounds here...

doesn´t anyone know ?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.11.2007 - 04:12
Lord TJ
I used to have Guitar Pro 5, I didn't know much about the program due to all the hundreds of buttons it had. Is there any way I can download this again? I got it off limewire but its not on there anymroe. I really need this program again.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
06.11.2007 - 05:47
Anon
Account deleted
As far as I know, you can't really add any MIDI stuff to it so you're stuck with the sounds it has. I know, it sucks.
06.11.2007 - 09:03
Woutjinho
Account deleted
I dont remember where I got mine from, someone gave it to me. I useally dont use it because the program seems so messy compared to powertab. but guitar pro has drum tracks though

but I dont think you can add new sounds, but its not necessary is it? its all about the guitars, bass and drum tracks. the other effects are nice but make it even more messy.
importing midi wont help, it makes notes out of it and uses the instruments that already existss
06.11.2007 - 10:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well - for me it is more about Synth Strings, Pianos, Organs, Brasses or Violins i use guitars not so often and intensively because i somehow cant work with them...

just check my works i have done so far to make an image of my stuff

Winter Dawn (the drumlink here is bad - i will have to remaster it one day...)
Midnight Ball (and here the "guitar solo" really suxxx i have to say)

and in my next song where i have lyrics "And than the lightning shattered the sky and the punch of the thunder hit the ground" i really want to have backing FX effect of thunder
----

06.11.2007 - 13:45
Too many fail.
Gp should only be used for sequencing and sketching out ideas, not to produce the final backing track or whatever because frankly gp sounds like shite. Get fruity loops or something with a nice 60gb sample library.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
06.11.2007 - 18:01
Lord TJ
Whats better?
Guitar Pro or Power Tab?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
06.11.2007 - 21:59
ylside
Staff
@Chris Amber : I don't think it's possible to add any new "sounds" to GP. You can always try to tweak the midi output but all the results are very close and somehow lame. Therefore the only logic solution I can give you is to record it on a .wav or .mp3 and actually add the roaring thunder sound in an audio editor, say Cool Edit or anything similar. Thunder sound won't be difficult to find in the net I think.
07.11.2007 - 11:12
Too many fail.
^And you can always slice a sample from te millions of songs and movies already outhere that have a thunder boom.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
08.11.2007 - 12:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
2Too many fail. : i had FL6 demo, but i was somehow unable to understand the program interface and work in it... Is there any good tutorial or so?

2ylside : yes, thats the possibility i know and i can do, but i wanted to know if i can do it right in GP...
----

08.11.2007 - 19:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the thing is i'd love to use FL, but only if it had the guitar pro interface. is this possible?
08.11.2007 - 21:18
Too many fail.
I don¨t think so, i find it really ridiculous how they laid it out. Its obvious that it was made for techno beats you cant even use standard rhythm notation instead of those lame blocks.... Anyhow thats what i use on those rare occasions when i bother to work on drum tracks.
----
- Bill Hicks
08.11.2007 - 22:49
Too many fail.
Written by Ellrohir on 08.11.2007 at 12:51

2Too many fail. : i had FL6 demo, but i was somehow unable to understand the program interface and work in it... Is there any good tutorial or so?

2ylside : yes, thats the possibility i know and i can do, but i wanted to know if i can do it right in GP...

http://www.cjmmachinery.com/FL/

I saw that ages ago on another board, never used it myself but it got loads of good feedback.
----
- Bill Hicks
09.11.2007 - 00:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
thanks man...i´m gonna check it out immediately
----