Metal Storm logo
Demon Hunter

06.11.2007 - 22:24
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Well with the release today of the newest Demon Hunter album, I thought it appropriate to start a thread on these guys. For those who don't know this band, their an American Metalcore/Alternative Metal band. Their also all Christians, and have very powerful lyrics reflecting their own faith. Now before you freak out, this is not some Mallcore band with cheesy Stryper type lyrics. Anything but. Their sound is different from the standard Metalcore sound out there.

If you want a sample of some of their sound, here are a few of their videos.
Undying
Not Ready To Die
Infected
1000 Apologies

With the release of their fourth album, Demon Hunter continues to get better and better. For anyone looking for some solid modern Metal with no fringe, I recommend this band.
----
(space for rent)
08.11.2007 - 23:19
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I heard their last album and i already had heard the previous albums and imo this album is better than the other ones. One thing that i like in this band is the use of clean vocals, i think it fits very well in their musics.
15.12.2007 - 06:18
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Unconsecrated on 08.11.2007 at 23:19

I heard their last album and i already had heard the previous albums and imo this album is better than the other ones. One thing that i like in this band is the use of clean vocals, i think it fits very well in their musics.

Have you heard the newest album, Storm The Gates of Hell? I think it might be their best album yet. But I am such a huge fan of their other three albums, it is hard for me to pick a favorite.
----
(space for rent)
16.12.2007 - 17:14
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Dane Train on 15.12.2007 at 06:18

Written by Unconsecrated on 08.11.2007 at 23:19

Have you heard the newest album, Storm The Gates of Hell? I think it might be their best album yet. But I am such a huge fan of their other three albums, it is hard for me to pick a favorite.

As i said in the previous post, i already heard "Storm The Gates Of Hell" and i said that it was the best of them all. It's more aggressive than the other ones. Don't you agree?
17.12.2007 - 00:51
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Oh yeah, I totally agree. The opening track is so powerful. It is so raw and comes out of no where.
----
(space for rent)
05.01.2008 - 08:25
deadset61
Account deleted
This band is really good and the dont get enough credit for their music because they are thrown into the metalcore genre. I agree that each album they get better and better but the Tryptych is still my favorite album.
28.01.2008 - 21:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I haven't heard teh band, but I have a lot of good references, besides it has a pretty epic name. I'll check it soon.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.01.2008 - 22:29
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.01.2008 at 21:31

Well, I haven't heard teh band, but I have a lot of good references, besides it has a pretty epic name. I'll check it soon.

You should check out their music videos on YouTube. It gives a decent understnading of the bands different sounds. If you can find it, there is a great video of a middle school or high school (I am not sure which) marching band playing the Demon Hunter song "Heartstrings come Undone", and it is fantastic.

I am actually using several Demon Hunter songs as the musical backdrop for a dramatic presentation I am doing at a Christian conference in February. The music sets the perfect mood for what I am trying to do.

But anyway, check them out, they really are not like any of the other Metalcore bands out there, and actually have made a great name for themselves to the point where some great musicans have guested on tracks, like Bruce Fitzhugh and Howard Jones.
----
(space for rent)
28.01.2008 - 22:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Dane Train on 28.01.2008 at 22:29

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.01.2008 at 21:31

You should check out their music videos on YouTube. It gives a decent understnading of the bands different sounds. If you can find it, there is a great video of a middle school or high school (I am not sure which) marching band playing the Demon Hunter song "Heartstrings come Undone", and it is fantastic.

I am actually using several Demon Hunter songs as the musical backdrop for a dramatic presentation I am doing at a Christian conference in February. The music sets the perfect mood for what I am trying to do.

But anyway, check them out, they really are not like any of the other Metalcore bands out there, and actually have made a great name for themselves to the point where some great musicans have guested on tracks, like Bruce Fitzhugh and Howard Jones.

So they're different Metalcore! Whoa that is indeed surprising. I thought -no offense- they were like som3e kind of christian Trivium. And well, since I like Trivium... But that you tell me they're different, I'll chek their MySpace when i get home. Godd luck with your presentation my friend! And thanks for teh heads up!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

17.02.2008 - 11:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dont like band much because musicaly its boring but respect it becaus eof Christianity
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.02.2008 - 16:40
shredmaster666
Account deleted
dont like the band, i have the tryptic, personally their growl/scream vocalist sux, the music itself isn't bad, and the clean vocals are good, but get a new growler
19.02.2008 - 18:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well I got their albums and I liked it alot, They are indeeda very different bad from teh whole "metalcore wave". I like it a lot. I don't really care if they're christian or not, but they make great music.
----

06.10.2008 - 02:16
Barbaydos
Account deleted
i don't know why they are a metalcore band they shouldn't be. they are so different to most other metalcore bands and are more like a thrash or death metal band if u ask me. i loved all their albums and storm the gates of hell was definatly the best one to date. hopefully they will bring out another one soon to prove that they are not part of the alternative or metalcore wave crap.
06.10.2008 - 16:08
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 02:16

i don't know why they are a metalcore band they shouldn't be. they are so different to most other metalcore bands and are more like a thrash or death metal band if u ask me. i loved all their albums and storm the gates of hell was definatly the best one to date. hopefully they will bring out another one soon to prove that they are not part of the alternative or metalcore wave crap.

They're more alternative but they have metalcore elements if u ask me. And I think that u have to listen to more band when u compare Demon Hunter with thrash death metal ! Do u even know how death metal sounds ?! I think u don't.
07.10.2008 - 05:32
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 16:08

They're more alternative but they have metalcore elements if u ask me. And I think that u have to listen to more band when u compare Demon Hunter with thrash death metal ! Do u even know how death metal sounds ?! I think u don't.

yes i do know what death metal and thrash metal sounds like, the reason that demon hunter sounds like metalcore is beacse they have a damm synth in some of their songs and just because they are christian and dont have swearing or anything about death or any refeneces to death like many death metal bands does not make them into a metalcore band. you cannot say that because a band has a synth or does not sound like a typical death metal band that they are not for examle look at Children Of Bodom they have a synth in their music but they are not metalcore, are they!
07.10.2008 - 06:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 07.10.2008 at 05:32

Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 16:08

yes i do know what death metal and thrash metal sounds like, the reason that demon hunter sounds like metalcore is beacse they have a damm synth in some of their songs and just because they are christian and dont have swearing or anything about death or any refeneces to death like many death metal bands does not make them into a metalcore band. you cannot say that because a band has a synth or does not sound like a typical death metal band that they are not for examle look at Children Of Bodom they have a synth in their music but they are not metalcore, are they!

Demon Hunter is not metalcore because of synth nor because of their christianity. You r comparison with COB is just pointless. Demon Hunter is metalcore because they do have metalcore elements, liek the vocals and teh lyrics that tend to be a bit angsty, and because overall they sound metalcore.
----

08.10.2008 - 02:50
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 07.10.2008 at 06:12

Demon Hunter is not metalcore because of synth nor because of their christianity. You r comparison with COB is just pointless. Demon Hunter is metalcore because they do have metalcore elements, liek the vocals and teh lyrics that tend to be a bit angsty, and because overall they sound metalcore.

Dude you wrote a double comparative in saying that DH is not metalcore then saying that they are and it confused me. COB is melodic black metal same with Norther. The fact that they are christian doesn't change the fact of anything. The vocals are just metal and the lyrics that DH sing aren't entirely christian, they are like Switchfoot, with them being christian and not singing about God. They don't overall sound metalcore, they are just another METAL band with some - SOME - elements of being metalcore, but they wouldn't be classed as metalcore.
OH and learn to use a keyboard and check what you write before you send it, and don't - DON'T - use double comparative!!
08.10.2008 - 03:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 08.10.2008 at 02:50

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 07.10.2008 at 06:12

Dude you wrote a double comparative in saying that DH is not metalcore then saying that they are and it confused me. COB is melodic black metal same with Norther. The fact that they are christian doesn't change the fact of anything. The vocals are just metal and the lyrics that DH sing aren't entirely christian, they are like Switchfoot, with them being christian and not singing about God. They don't overall sound metalcore, they are just another METAL band with some - SOME - elements of being metalcore, but they wouldn't be classed as metalcore.
OH and learn to use a keyboard and check what you write before you send it, and don't - DON'T - use double comparative!!

What I meant, is that they're not catalogued as metalcore because of teh synth or the christinaity, but because they sound metalcore and have metalcore-ish lyrics. Should I make a diagram for you?
I did not use a double comparative. But don't worry, I'll post as clearly as I can for you from now on
----

08.10.2008 - 03:08
Barbaydos
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.10.2008 at 03:04

What I meant, is that they're not catalogued as metalcore because of teh synth or the christinaity, but because they sound metalcore and have metalcore-ish lyrics. Should I make a diagram for you?
I did not use a double comparative. But don't worry, I'll post as clearly as I can for you from now on

yes draw a diagram, it will shut you up and you need to spell, teh is the im presuming? and you did use a double comparative. and for the record they DO NOT SOUND LIKE METALCORE AND DO NOT HAVE METALCORE-ISH LYRICS
08.10.2008 - 06:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 08.10.2008 at 03:08

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.10.2008 at 03:04

yes draw a diagram, it will shut you up and you need to spell, teh is the im presuming? and you did use a double comparative. and for the record they DO NOT SOUND LIKE METALCORE AND DO NOT HAVE METALCORE-ISH LYRICS

Gee kid, don't get mad.
It's just a band. It's not like I killed a baby by saying they souind metalcore-ish.
We all have our opinions kiddo, if you think they don't sound like that, fine. I'm won't argue with you, since you're the expert in metalcore.
----

16.01.2009 - 17:00
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Did anyone get the Demon Hunter movie 45 Days? It is really interesting, and if you're a fan of the Hunters I highly recommend getting it.
----
(space for rent)
30.04.2010 - 02:30
dieforopeth00

Demon hunter is one of my favorite bands in the world. All there albums are amazing and they expand with each album.