Metal Storm logo
Diamond Head

07.11.2007 - 03:45
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
No thread for Diamond Head? Damn....

Good NWOBHM band. Fans? Comments? Questions, allegations or littigations? Lol...
07.11.2007 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them but somehow I dont like band and I more know them from covers what Metallica done, but seems this band havnt been popular in Europe so much,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.11.2007 - 10:28
Syk
myspace/bonerama
My favourite songs are Sucking My Love, Don't You Ever Leave Me and In the Heat of the Night, of course Am I Evil? is a classic and also some of the lesser known and bonus tracks from the debut album (Waited Too Long is really nice). I've heard some of the new album and it's not that good but not too bad either. Want to get my hands on the Friday Rock Show live album cos I had to skip one of the songs when I downloaded it, and it's got some ownage on there.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
16.01.2008 - 09:48
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Im pretty sure that, I like many, checked these guys out because of metallica, and man was I disappointed, the only album worth anything is lightning to the nations.
17.01.2008 - 19:05
Existenzangst
Account deleted
i never got to check anything out by this band except for the debut, which was brilliant if you ask me, i should check their later stuff out too
20.01.2008 - 10:39
deadset61
Account deleted
I like them a lot and i dont think they ever got the credit that they deserved. They had some cool songs. I liked the album lightning through the natiions and thats really the only one ive heard.
01.10.2008 - 23:49
Jonnz of Steel

I only have their debut but it's one of the best albums i've ever heard so i'll have to pick up some more of their stuff.
02.10.2008 - 18:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i have their "Lightning to the Nations" album and i find it to be quite good. very underrated in terms of the other NWOBHM albums on this site.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.10.2008 - 20:35
marillionfan
Account deleted
i also love this band; DH is such an underrated band and yet they influenced so many other bands (early Metallica is the best example); I say DH is a cult band. Talented, competent musicians.
15.11.2008 - 04:26
Metalbound7

Amazing band! their debut album is IMO one of the best Metal albums of all times. They are underated yes, but that's ok because thats part of being a NWOBHM band . my fav songs are Shoot out the lights, it's electric, am i evil, Sucking my love and Streets of Gold.
20.05.2009 - 17:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
SUCKING MY LOOOVEEEE OOH LOORD SUUCKING MY LOOVEE - one of the best riffs in the history of metal. a fun fact that i've just noticed is that the last solo(goddamit the guitar solo's in that track are so awesome) in the song is extremely similar to the last solo in "Love to Love" by UFO.

13.10.2010 - 14:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 02.10.2008 at 20:35

i also love this band; DH is such an underrated band and yet they influenced so many other bands (early Metallica is the best example); I say DH is a cult band. Talented, competent musicians.

yup, i actually see them(along with Running Wild) as the most underrated bands in all metal from what i've noticed. DH should have been up there with Maiden and Priest as the forerunners of the 80s UK heavy metal scene.

hell, Lightning To The Nations is imo better than British Steel AND Maiden's debut and by far one of the best(if not the best) NWOBHM release in history.
13.10.2010 - 14:43
vezzy
Stallmanite
Oh please, there are TONS of NWOBHM bands who are far more underrated than Diamond Head. Metallica pretty much elevated DH into cult status, whereas other bands such as Satan are not as noticed.

DH and Running Wild the two most underrated bands in all metal? No.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
13.10.2010 - 14:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by vezzy on 13.10.2010 at 14:43

I was wondering the exact same thing. I would even dare say both those bands are OVERRATED.
Diamond Head are enjoyable but that's it. Metallica's covers of the DH songs are just superior.
As for Running Wild, my God they aren't even normal good.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.10.2010 - 14:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.10.2010 at 14:54

Diamond Head are enjoyable but that's it.

Realy Maybe Lighting To The Nations and metallica make cover to best band song, generaly this band is borinmg and lame, I try listen it and I get bored all the time (Lighting album only what I can listen more then a one time)
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2010 - 15:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Yeah, pretty much everything Diamond Head did after Borrowed Time was lame and boring (BT had good songs, it was nothing great but enjoyable at least). I cringe at Canterbury.

A good classic/US power metal band that isn't put in the same light as many other bands of its genre would be Manilla Road, IMO.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
13.02.2011 - 04:25
Void_Eater
Account deleted

Oh please, there are TONS of NWOBHM bands who are far more underrated than Diamond Head. Metallica pretty much elevated DH into cult status, whereas other bands such as Satan are not as noticed.

Hell yeah, +1 for Satan! The band, not the fallen angel.

Diamond Head is also great, never did receive as much recognition as they deserve.
13.02.2011 - 05:07
Malevolent-Jim

They're ok yeah! They should be good at Sonisphere UK this summer! I only have Lighting The Nations but it's a pretty solid album in my opinion!
07.12.2021 - 12:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Polish female fronted heavy metal team Crystal Viper poisted such news on their Facebook:

DIAMOND HEAD honored with the first tribute album, "Are We Evil?"

The first ever DIAMOND HEAD tribute album entitled "Are We Evil?", will be released in the first months of 2022. The compilation includes 9 heavy metal classics originally recorded by one of the most important and influential bands of the genre, DIAMOND HEAD, performed by young acts from Europe and North and South Americas: AMBUSH (Sweden), BLACK MASK (Mexico), CRYSTAL VIPER (Poland), KONQUEST (Italy), MIDNIGHT SPELL (United States), POUNDER (United States), RIOT CITY (Canada), TRAVELER (Canada) and TWISTED TOWER DIRE (United States).

The album has been produced and mastered by Bart Gabriel, who except working with acts such as SATAN, CIRITH UNGOL and SORTILEGE, previously produced RIOT, EXCITER and ANVIL tribute albums. Cover artwork of the album has been painted by Mario Lopez, Guatemalan artist who previously worked with acts such as CRYSTAL VIPER, EVIL INVADERS and TOXIK.
"Well done to all the bands that have put time and effort into making this happen. It's the first time a bunch of DIAMOND HEAD songs have been covered for an album apart from METALLICA obvs.

My favourite is AMBUSH's version of "Canterbury". It's an awesome modern version and a great new arrangement. The singer does it proud. It's so good it makes we want to revive the song for the current DIAMOND HEAD shows as we have not played this live since 1984! I also really like the new versions of "The Prince", "It's Electric", "Streets Of Gold" and "Sweet & Innocent". It's a real success for me, I am very surprised and flattered, for some reason I wasn't expecting this kind of quality" comments DIAMOND HEAD guitarist and founder, Brian Tatler.
CD & Digital version of the album will be released on Iron Oxide Records, while Lost Realm Records will take care of a limited deluxe vinyl LP edition.

----

apos;'
[image]