02. Masterpiece Of Pain
03. Insanity
04. So Bitter, So Wrong
05. This Night Is Mine
06. Light Hates Me
07. Evening Star
08. Separated
09. From Twilight To Dusk

One can't say that Six Degrees of Separation, a band that comes from Czech Republic, didn't do a big turnover with the release of their 2nd album, "Triotus, Tricephalus And Tribadism". Actually they were in fact a Doom metal band before but "Triotus, Tricephalus that mix Power, Thrash, Death and even Doom is clearly different but however still enjoyable especially if you like this kind of variety in music evidently.

Yes, there is a lot of variety on this CD, ho yeah. If some songs like "Shade Of Triotus" or "Masterpiece Of Pain" clearly sound like a good old Power Thrash from the USA on the other hand a song like "This Night Is Mine" with it's insistent slow riffs sounds Doom. As you can understand this album isn't linear and that's evidently a great point. If you add that the songs all sound really professional and that it is impossible to be bored by one of this songs, you can understand that it is a good release.

But it's obvious too that the band is now influenced by some "Neo" sounds from the USA. This is not "Nu" Metal, don't expect rap or fusion in this album, this is only some pure Metal but like a Machine Head or a Pantera, Six Degrees of Separation doesn't play a classical Thrash, this is something different a bit modern and progressive but the quality of the musicians and the excellent "thrashy" voice of the singer are just good so, if you're not a big refractor to this kind of music, you'll probably enjoy "Triotus, Tricephalus And Tribadism"

I clearly know that this kind of album will probably find an opposition from the ones that cannot stand the music that sound too much US or "Neo" but on the other hand it's so catchy that it will be hard for them to resist to this music. I like it and I really recommend it to all the Metalheads who want something surprising, "Triotus, Tricephalus And Tribadism" is a good album.

Written by Jeff | 30.12.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 27 users
07.11.2007 - 18:34
Promonex
Cathemeral
No idea what they sound like, but I absolutely love that album cover!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
09.11.2007 - 05:47
iaberis
Advice Troll
I haven't heard the whole CD, but I guess it's like their last one...
I'd say it's more like Post-Doom metal
----
Bitch! Please

Hits total: 4413 | This month: 9