Metal Storm logo
The Darkness

08.11.2007 - 11:14
Opium
Account deleted
I thought there might have been a thread for this band, however, here it is!

Their 2 albums they've released are undoubtedly catchy to no end, but I do prefer "One Way Ticket to Hell". A certain someone here knows just how much I really love a particular song on that album I must admit, I did prefer their debut for a loooooooooooong time prior to preferring this album.

It's sad to know about the departure of Justin (their vocalist, for all those who don't know, he had a severe drug problem). IMO, it only spells the end of this band, his signature voice was excellent for the hilarity and suited their sound perfectly! Quite a loss indeed, although he has a side project now

Richie's taken vocal duties, although I fear he'll only be mediocre

Anyway, let me know what you all think of this incredibly addictive band!
09.11.2007 - 07:14
Opium
Account deleted
Surely there's some fans on MS, besides myself?
10.11.2007 - 00:15
GothHorizon

well I like'em
its good feeling to listen to them after all those seriously trve bands
and nice music with little change from the other glam bands like in the solos of "love is just a feeling"
----
Great Israeli Metal:
Orphaned Land-myspace.com/orphanedmyspace
Salem-myspace.com/11075777
Metal scenT-myspace.com/metalscentband
Betzefer-myspace.com/betzefer
More:Whorecore/Distorted
For More:forums.metalist.co.il/forum_posts.asp?TID=7555&PN=1
10.11.2007 - 01:23
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sometimes good for a listen and a laugh, but that's it.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.11.2007 - 14:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Really don't like them, think they're kinda silly. But I've nothing against them, they're talented and do relatively unique music.
----
16.11.2007 - 12:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Oh I remember The Darkness and I remember watching one of their shows here in Portugal, I watch it on tv. The show was good and they even played well, they did some solos in-between songs and that was the best thing lol

I think they are a good band, nothing extraordinary.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.11.2007 - 20:06
Olli

I like them, the singers voice is very good and they make a nice break from heavier music. Like BloodTears said though, they are nothing extraordinary.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
25.11.2007 - 02:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I remember writing a negative response about these guys in the first thread someone made...I guess now that I think about it they're not that bad of a band...they just need to loose that singer...
25.11.2007 - 08:34
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 02:28

I remember writing a negative response about these guys in the first thread someone made...I guess now that I think about it they're not that bad of a band...they just need to loose that singer...

They did lose him, he left the band
25.11.2007 - 17:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Opium: Well then...in that case, I need to hear some of their newer material with him not in the mixture...
25.11.2007 - 19:38
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 25.11.2007 at 17:35

@Opium: Well then...in that case, I need to hear some of their newer material with him not in the mixture...

They're working on it
03.06.2008 - 00:24
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i think they go under the name stone gods now...
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
25.06.2008 - 19:47
Jonnz of Steel

I like the Darkness, not listened to them in a wee whiley though. Saw them in Glasgow back in 2004 with Ash and Do Me Bad Things (who sucked majorly). Good gig, good gig
21.08.2008 - 18:21
Elio
Red Nightmare
Hey, they did some good songs...are not so bad, they are talented...nothing exceptional though.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.05.2012 - 01:50
Sonic MrSumo

Saw these guys last night...and they totally rocked!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
07.05.2012 - 16:55
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 07.05.2012 at 01:50

Don't feel offended but d'ya go to a Gaga concert or what? The Darkness is coming to Estonia in August... and not as headliners but supporting Gaga...

I hope I've misunderstood something and it's not the same The Darkness we're speaking about.
08.05.2012 - 01:36
Sonic MrSumo

Written by Ernis on 07.05.2012 at 16:55

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 07.05.2012 at 01:50

Don't feel offended but d'ya go to a Gaga concert or what? The Darkness is coming to Estonia in August... and not as headliners but supporting Gaga...

I hope I've misunderstood something and it's not the same The Darkness we're speaking about.

Not offended at all. I'm too old to be defending and justifying my taste in music. The Darkness rock...simple as that.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
08.05.2012 - 21:32
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 08.05.2012 at 01:36

Not offended at all. I'm too old to be defending and justifying my taste in music. The Darkness rock...simple as that.

Grand. In any case, I wasn't saying I considered The Darkness a band of poor quality. In fact, I remember their songs from the first half of the 2000s that I saw on TV and I quite liked them. It may be a bit too goofy glam rock for me but they sound good. Some time ago I was wondering what had happened to them because I hadn't heard anything from them for a long time.

And now they're the opening act for Lady Gaga. I don't know, but I'd like to see this band perform on a small and cosy stage of some smoky rock bar like Annihilator did (t'was a wonderful show) having an audience that actually likes their music. Now their performing at a gig which costs bloody 69 euros and where the majority (if not 100%) of the audience doesn't give a shite bout'em. I'm not going to say anything bout Gaga... her music is junk but it's incredibly catchy sometimes. It's like junk food... you get it everyday and you hate it but you can't really quit eating it...
10.05.2012 - 03:03
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 08.05.2012 at 21:32

Written by Sonic MrSumo on 08.05.2012 at 01:36

Grand. In any case, I wasn't saying I considered The Darkness a band of poor quality. In fact, I remember their songs from the first half of the 2000s that I saw on TV and I quite liked them. It may be a bit too goofy glam rock for me but they sound good.

This band never struck me as a serious glam band, more like a parody glam band. Think Steel Panther, but more... mature in every sense of the word.
10.05.2012 - 20:31
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 08.05.2012 at 21:32

And now they're the opening act for Lady Gaga.

you know I thought of buying a ticket to that gig (in Riga, of course) but then I remembered I'd be moving soon and I better spend my money on endless goodbye-parties... nevertheless, The Darkness has made many fun and uplifting songs so I keep listening to this band.
10.05.2012 - 20:45
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 10.05.2012 at 20:31

you know I thought of buying a ticket to that gig (in Riga, of course) but then I remembered I'd be moving soon and I better spend my money on endless goodbye-parties... nevertheless, The Darkness has made many fun and uplifting songs so I keep listening to this band.

Just noticed that they'll be having an extra concert where they are headliners. I highly doubt I'm going tho...
10.05.2012 - 21:03
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 10.05.2012 at 20:45

Just noticed that they'll be having an extra concert where they are headliners. I highly doubt I'm going tho...

you sure? just looked at their tour dates and it does not look like that.
10.05.2012 - 21:10
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 10.05.2012 at 21:03

Written by Ernis on 10.05.2012 at 20:45

you sure? just looked at their tour dates and it does not look like that.

It's a concert in Estonia. Should be either one day before or after the Gaga event.
11.05.2012 - 00:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 10.05.2012 at 21:10

It's a concert in Estonia. Should be either one day before or after the Gaga event.

that's what I'm saying. there's only one date. anyway, not my problem. :d
11.05.2012 - 05:05
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
My friend had me listen to some of their songs, and i thought they sounded pretty gnarly.
11.05.2012 - 23:18
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 11.05.2012 at 00:16

that's what I'm saying. there's only one date. anyway, not my problem. :d

Yep, you're right. I wonder if they're selling separate tickets for those who want to see The Darkness. I doubt tho...
In any case, then the event article on MS should also include Lady Gaga's name.
14.05.2012 - 23:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I LOVE The Darkness, over the last few years I made the mistake of thinking of them as a tough guy version of Mika or something, but really their music has undeniable quality to it. Jumpy, extra catchy and fun rocking songs and great soulful ballads. My favorite songs by them are unsurprisingly I Believe In A Thing Called Love and Love Is Only A Feeling.

They're coming to Bucharest in support of Lady Gaga in August, but I'll be seeing them in the meantime and in much more appropriate (aka an actual rock festival) surroundings. Their set overlaps with the American band Pentagram (which will play in Bucharest later in June) but even before I knew that I knew I had to see The Darkness.

A pleasant surprise I had a few weeks ago was when I was listening to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJzeC6vnurY I realized the guy from The Darkness has a singing cameo in it, in the 2nd verse.
16.05.2012 - 00:52
Baz Anderson

The Darknes and Lady Gaga is a combination I would LOVE to see on tour, but the tickets were just too expensive...