Metal Storm logo
Metal Storm MP3 sampler

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 08.11.2007 - 23:11
This thing has been in the works for about a year, ever since we shut down the Compilation. It has passed through various incarnations - but now it's finally here!

Metal Storm MP3 sampler

The main idea was to provide much needed promotion for bands, as well as keep our users happy with free music. This feature is for bands, both already accomplished and just starting, that are seeking promotion and feedback. This is for metal fans, always in search for new music. If you don't mind sharing your song with our eager listeners - you can upload it here, it's really easy! The new system allows songs to be rated and commented, providing you with feedback.

Any suggestions on changes or additional features are very welcome. The section will officially open after we have at least five submitted songs.

Thank you, enjoy!
09.11.2007 - 23:23
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
cool idea, but i tried out Resistance as they are Power/Thrash, i was expecting an Iced Earth/Stormwarrior kind ov sound, but they sound too 'modernized' and 'plain' for me
10.11.2007 - 00:42
Baz Anderson
staff
so why aren't people rating the songs very much, or commenting on them?
you know most of the bands will be looking out for your feedback on there
10.11.2007 - 02:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
/golfclap for our fearless leader. great work. I will devote some time to listening to and rating some of the samples over the weekend.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.11.2007 - 17:24
W-Lash
Metal Master
I really hope to see some black metal there one day.
12.11.2007 - 21:38
Danigar
YAY congratulations guys I've been waiting for this for a long time since I loved so so much the compilations. I got to know some great bands thanks to the compilation and was so sad when it closed. But well now I have the chance to to listen again to new bands I have a question though, how often do you plan to change the songs monthly? or whenever you have enough new samples? Thank you so much for this
12.11.2007 - 22:37
Reverie
It's a great idea. You can listen to new bands, you can have it for free anywhere and, if the band thinks it's allright, it's even better. I think no ones get hurt with this xP
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
13.11.2007 - 14:08
Jeff
Freaky Admin
elite
It will be better soon with a lot more of different Metal styles don't worry!

It's just the begining and we have to fix some stuff first, so be patient !
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
13.11.2007 - 21:40
Lord TJ
Written by Jeff on 13.11.2007 at 14:08

It will be better soon with a lot more of different Metal styles don't worry!

That brings me up a new idea.

After we start getting more and more songs in, why not group them into categories of genres so that it can be easier for us users to find bands we like?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
13.11.2007 - 22:13
Ivan
Retired Admin
elite
Written by Lord TJ on 13.11.2007 at 21:40

That brings me up a new idea.

After we start getting more and more songs in, why not group them into categories of genres so that it can be easier for us users to find bands we like?

We'll come to that, eventually. First we need to get more songs and open the section 'officially'. We're still sorting some things out, but hopefully it would be done next week.
14.11.2007 - 02:08
Baz Anderson
staff
five new tracks have been uploaded, go and have a look at them and rate/comment
all are great, good quality songs!
14.11.2007 - 09:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
a song on-line from my favourite local band...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.11.2007 - 19:21
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
I have to say this idea is simply great and convenient to find new bands.

I am actually writing down the info on the tracks that I liked in hopes of finding the album in stores, this idea is brilliant, thanks!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
14.11.2007 - 19:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Bararey on 14.11.2007 at 19:21

I have to say this idea is simply great and convenient to find new bands.

I am actually writing down the info on the tracks that I liked in hopes of finding the album in stores, this idea is brilliant, thanks!

Tomorrow or Friday a track from heavy Lord will be available and this is a track from their UPCOMING album which will be released next week. Great Sludge Doom from The Netherlands. So keep your eyes open.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.11.2007 - 00:47
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
@ Marcel,

Thanks for the heads up, I will
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
15.11.2007 - 11:00
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
love the new system - especially love how u dont have to download song to listen... Streaming is the bomb
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
15.11.2007 - 21:14
Lord TJ
Yea, I just wonder how big this will be, and if after a while after getting so many songs if it will impend on the server.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

18.11.2007 - 08:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Its cool to find new bands and stuff through this, too bad im too lazy to ask bands permissions to post anything though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.11.2007 - 13:21
GT
Coffee!!
staff
It might just be me, but when I try to listen to the songs the sound is extremely loud...and my computer's soundlevel is as low as it can be (without it being shut of)...is there any way you can turn down the volume?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2007 - 13:57
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Maybe turning down your media player too?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
18.11.2007 - 15:13
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Raiden: it's just that when I press the play button it just starts playing...it doesn't open any player...and then it's a little hard
----

18.11.2007 - 18:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by GT on 18.11.2007 at 15:13

@Raiden: it's just that when I press the play button it just starts playing...it doesn't open any player...and then it's a little hard

Strange, because over here at my computer the sound is just about right, totally not too loud.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2007 - 18:19
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:06

Written by GT on 18.11.2007 at 15:13

Strange, because over here at my computer the sound is just about right, totally not too loud.

Yeah that's strange...might just be my computer or the settings in Firefox or something like that...if I find a solution I'll post it
----

19.11.2007 - 20:02
Lord TJ
Mine doesn't open any player either.

Have you tried messing with the volume controls? It should be next to your clock at the bottom right.
----

19.11.2007 - 20:51
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Written by Lord TJ on 19.11.2007 at 20:02

Mine doesn't open any player either.

Have you tried messing with the volume controls? It should be next to your clock at the bottom right.

Well yes of course I have...as I said earlier it's as low as it can get without it being muted...
----

19.11.2007 - 21:01
Lord TJ
Oh I thought you were talking about your speaker volume.

I hate to say it but the only other thing I can think of is that its just your computer. Does it happen with anything else that plays from the internet?
----

19.11.2007 - 21:03
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Nope this is the only place...every where else I stream music it opens a player or have a volume option
----

19.11.2007 - 21:11
Lord TJ
Don't you just love the frustration a computer can offer?

Try customer support? Thats all I can think of for now...
----

19.11.2007 - 22:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
is there any link from menu leading to MP3 Sampler? am i just blind or is it really missing?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.11.2007 - 23:59
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 19.11.2007 at 22:48

is there any link from menu leading to MP3 Sampler? am i just blind or is it really missing?

it'll be faster if you just type http://www.metalstorm.ee/mp3 in your address bar, it will go directly to the Mp3 page. Anyway i agree that a shortcut should be added (well maybe after the site is moved to the new server )
20.11.2007 - 01:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well i know the address well...but i am lazy to type it in into bar when there is a possibility of one click and be here too
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep