Metal Storm logo
Question for an Answer

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 09.11.2007 - 00:48
This is a thread for any questions that are quick and that do not require its own thread. Questions can range anywhere as long as they are appropriate.

Please post in this format if there is a large amount of questions:

If you are asking a question, please label it a question as it will be easier for other users to recognize.
Quote:

Question: What is the best Metal site?

If you are answering a question, please QUOTE the question and label your answer as "answer".
Quote:

Quote:

Question: What is the best Metal site?

Answer: Metalstorm.ee is!

Rules:
- Please follow the rules of posting.
- This is NOT a discussion thread.
- Do not comment a question about it being a good one or a bad one, as there is no need to.
- Only post in this thread if your are asking or answering a question.
- If your question is not answered, give it a few days. Chances are if nobody answers it for a while, its because they do not know the answer. If your question needs immediate attention, PM someone who would have the knowledge to answer it.
- There is no room for being funny here, that means do not post false information, or asking stupid questions. Doing so will get you reported.

If you have a question that is site related, please post it here in the Quick Questions Thread!
20.01.2011 - 20:41
JD
Account deleted
Ok...

What's happning in Spain? churches, cults or i don't know, please someone explains what's happning there, not just Spain i heard Romania and Greece as well and some other countries.
21.01.2011 - 01:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 20.01.2011 at 20:41

Ok...

What's happning in Spain? churches, cults or i don't know, please someone explains what's happning there, not just Spain i heard Romania and Greece as well and some other countries.

what do you mean
Romania , Bukgaria might not be in Shengen this year
Greece has againt straiks n demonstrations today , medics
Spain have no clue what hepen leithly
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.01.2011 - 12:23
JD
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2011 at 01:07

Written by Guest on 20.01.2011 at 20:41

Ok...

what do you mean
Romania , Bukgaria might not be in Shengen this year
Greece has againt straiks n demonstrations today , medics
Spain have no clue what hepen leithly

I don't know, that's what i heard maybe wrong maybe right i don't know, that's why i asked in the first place..
21.01.2011 - 13:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its not possible ansver, because you didnt give morre details, try news
CNN, Al jazera, France 21, BBC, Sky News
----

apos;'
[image]
25.04.2011 - 04:22
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Anyone know of any songs written about Troy, or Trojan soldiers?
25.04.2011 - 05:24
Kennoth
Not me

How to get rid of WGA on Windows 7? Halp computer freaks plox.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
25.04.2011 - 05:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Kennoth on 25.04.2011 at 05:24

Not me

Message corrupt - he knows a lot about computer stoofs.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.04.2011 - 12:27
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by Nighthowls on 25.04.2011 at 04:22

Answer: Not exactly about Troy, but I believe most of their lyrics are about Ancient Greece

25.04.2011 - 14:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Nighthowls on 25.04.2011 at 04:22

The Elysian Fields and Kronos's songs are mostly about Greek mythology - that's as close I can get you.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.04.2011 - 01:30
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Quote:
Answer: Not exactly about Troy, but I believe most of their lyrics are about Ancient Greece

Thanks they're exactly what i was looking for
26.04.2011 - 01:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff

Not me

Nevermind, apparently what you're asking for is illegal, so you won't find help in the forums.
----
26.04.2011 - 10:42
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks they're exactly what i was looking for

Glad I could help
26.04.2011 - 13:58
Kennoth
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.04.2011 at 01:37

Not me

Nevermind, apparently what you're asking for is illegal, so you won't find help in the forums.

I took care of it nevertheless ^^
----
*insert something deep and profound*
24.07.2011 - 17:36
JD
Account deleted
What the different between Iranian, and Pakastanians? are they both Persians? and between Indians and people from Bangladesh? or Pakistan? I never get the relation between these countries, so if anyone knows please explain in short words. (No wiki links please)
24.07.2011 - 17:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is diference between cypriots and greeks, flaamisch belgiens and dutch ,
Its huge because in Iran they speek persian, IMO it also calls Dari, Pärsi , but Pakistan there many langadues including pustun, punjabi, etc and many others not so many how in India, well India and Pakistan its religion, remeber when brits give freedom to those states , there is Kashmir conflict, there muslim populated area , UK split it to keep conflict, if they would givce it to pakistan whole muslim area near border in Inida, there wont be conflict
Bangledesch theys peek in bengali , same in India part who's close, but in India there many many lanmguadges depends where you go ...
----

apos;'
[image]
24.07.2011 - 17:47
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 24.07.2011 at 17:36

What the different between Iranian, and Pakastanians? are they both Persians? and between Indians and people from Bangladesh? or Pakistan? I never get the relation between these countries, so if anyone knows please explain in short words. (No wiki links please)

Oh well...

Iranians speak Persian... The Persian speaking area is mainly Iran, but also Tajikistan and Afghanistan. Now if you go south-east, you will find India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. All of it was one big India during the British era. When the English lost the area, then India broke up into Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Pakistan and Bangladesh are mainly islamic countries whereas India is hinduist.
Pakistan and India have the same main language which is Hindi. In Pakistan it's written with Arabic letters and it's called Urdu instead. In India it's written in Devanagari letters and it's called Hindi. Bangladesh uses Bengali language as much as I know. In India there ain't just Indian people, but the native inhabitants, the Dravids are also very numerous, mayb even more numerous than Indians themselves who are mainly in the northern part of the country.

The peoples who live in India are very different, and they all have their own different languages. Iran is a whole another thing so asking what's the difference between Iranians and Pakistan people is as asking "What's the difference between Syrians and Turks? Are they both Arab?"

Oh yes, linguistically yes, Persian is also an Indo-Germanic language, just like Hindi/Urdu and German, and Latin and Russian...
24.07.2011 - 18:42
JD
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 24.07.2011 at 17:47

Written by Guest on 24.07.2011 at 17:36

Oh well...

Iranians speak Persian... The Persian speaking area is mainly Iran, but also Tajikistan and Afghanistan. Now if you go south-east, you will find India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. All of it was one big India during the British era. When the English lost the area, then India broke up into Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. Pakistan and Bangladesh are mainly islamic countries whereas India is hinduist.
Pakistan and India have the same main language which is Hindi. In Pakistan it's written with Arabic letters and it's called Urdu instead. In India it's written in Devanagari letters and it's called Hindi. Bangladesh uses Bengali language as much as I know. In India there ain't just Indian people, but the native inhabitants, the Dravids are also very numerous, mayb even more numerous than Indians themselves who are mainly in the northern part of the country.

The peoples who live in India are very different, and they all have their own different languages. Iran is a whole another thing so asking what's the difference between Iranians and Pakistan people is as asking "What's the difference between Syrians and Turks? Are they both Arab?"

Oh yes, linguistically yes, Persian is also an Indo-Germanic language, just like Hindi/Urdu and German, and Latin and Russian...

Oh man you don't know how much I appreciate your explanation

Last two questions:

-Punjabi and Urdu are they the same?

-And what about the other "stan" countries like "Uzbakhstan", "Kazekhstan" and "Turkmanistan" are they related to "Tajikistan" and "Afghanistan"?
24.07.2011 - 20:38
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 24.07.2011 at 18:42

Oh man you don't know how much I appreciate your explanation

Last two questions:

-Punjabi and Urdu are they the same?

-And what about the other "stan" countries like "Uzbakhstan", "Kazekhstan" and "Turkmanistan" are they related to "Tajikistan" and "Afghanistan"?

Punjabi and Urdu are both Indo-Aryan languages but they are not the same language. Urdu (called Hindi in India) is the national language but Punjabi is one of the regional languages of Pakistan. It is also spoken in India.

"Stan" means "stand"... it's the same word in most Indo-Germanic languages (stand in English, stare in Latin, stehen in German, staden in Persian... etc etc) It's not just the word "to stand" but can also be a noun... for instance "bicycle stand" is where you can place your bike, "flower stand" is where you can place flowers... "stand of pines" means a grove of pines... which means Uzbekistan is place Uzbeks stay, Kazakhs stay in Kazakhstan and Turkmens live in Turkmenistan... flower garden in Persian is "golestan" because "gol" means flower and flowers stay in "flowerstay"...

Btw, Uzbeks, Kazakhs and Turkmens are Turkic peoples, they don't speak Persian... but since Persia was the main superpower in Central Asia for a long time, the place names of this particular region stem from Persian...

Btw... "state" and "status" and "statue" also come from the same verb... statue is in a standing state...
24.07.2011 - 20:49
JD
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 24.07.2011 at 20:38

You sure do know alot of stuff, I'm actually surprised of your knowledge. Thanks
24.07.2011 - 20:57
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 24.07.2011 at 20:49

Thanks

You're welcome.
26.07.2011 - 02:51
Metal_4Ever
Why Linkin Park ain't Metal?
08.08.2011 - 18:02
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 26.07.2011 at 02:51

Their earlier stuff was nu-metal, and so they are a metal band. Whether they're good or bad is another question.
08.08.2011 - 18:03
fabregassed
Account deleted
@Hobbit Viggo.

Dude you've pretty much nailed it.
08.08.2011 - 18:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff

Compare Limp Bizkit's "My Generation" to Linkin Park's "In the End". That's why.
----
08.08.2011 - 18:16
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 08.08.2011 at 18:02

Their earlier stuff was nu-metal, and so they are a metal band. Whether they're good or bad is another question.

If they're a metal band why Metalstorm didn't accept to add them on the site?
08.08.2011 - 18:18
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 08.08.2011 at 18:16

Written by Guest on 08.08.2011 at 18:02

If they're a metal band why Metalstorm didn't accept to add them on the site?

They're closer to alternative rock.
08.08.2011 - 18:21
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.08.2011 at 18:18

They're closer to alternative rap\rock.

Fixed.
08.08.2011 - 18:22
Metal_4Ever
Written by Guest on 08.08.2011 at 18:18

They're closer to alternative rock.

Haa , thanks dude. I got it..
17.08.2011 - 20:12
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
What's some easy death metal guitar songs?
17.08.2011 - 20:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 17.08.2011 at 20:12
What's some easy death metal guitar songs?

Smoke on the Water. Just growl.
----