Metal Storm logo
Gibson Robot Guitar

13.11.2007 - 09:20
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
OMG, this is on crazy guitar - it tunes for you, and everything - check out some of the videos and stuff about here

check it out and tell us what u think of it?

is it all that it seems?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
13.11.2007 - 12:27
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
it seems lame to me..... stuff like this is expensive and breaks easily ..... plus.... who is that lazy anyway?
13.11.2007 - 13:11
Too many fail.
I think this kind of technology integration might pick up in the next few years. I doubt that this guitar will sell much though, it seems like a bit too much for a traditional guitarist who grew up on manual guitars. Besides guitar design has not had any drastic changes for years despite all the midi units and synthaxe that came out in the 80's (?), hell most people still use tube amps over solidstate these days if they have the money. The only thing that i can think of thats gained some sort of popularity is active pickups which many people still dont like. Anyhow, I´d expect some sort of auto intonation things (in a much more concealed way) to pick up in the years to come, but I doubt that this design will be comercially succesful though the pretty cool ideas.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
13.11.2007 - 15:07
NECURATU
Written by Guest on 13.11.2007 at 12:27

it seems lame to me..... stuff like this is expensive and breaks easily ..... plus.... who is that lazy anyway?

Nobody's THAT lazy right now but we're getting there. Sadly.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
13.11.2007 - 19:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
maybe when we're old we'll get our grandsons and tell them about how back in our day you didn't have guitars that play just by themselves
13.11.2007 - 19:49
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 13.11.2007 at 19:36

maybe when we're old we'll get our grandsons and tell them about how back in our day you didn't have guitars that play just by themselves

Dont worry man, in every possible thing in life there are people who follow trends, and new stuff is always around, which doesnt mean its good, so,look at this thread, no good comments about the thing, if you look it from wider angle, you'll see that future isnt all that dark for us hahahha

P.S. and if it coughts some bigger attention, you can be sure that BM scene will develop counter attack!

All hail old school Guitarists!!
----
13.11.2007 - 21:40
NECURATU
And besides, that shit is so expensive only a professional guitarist could afford it, and I don't want to know a good old guitarists opinion on it. I wander if it can tune itself like Dimebag haha.
----
13.11.2007 - 22:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by NECURATU on 13.11.2007 at 21:40

And besides, that shit is so expensive only a professional guitarist could afford it

lol and a professional guitarist won't need a self-tuning one!

btw what's that about dimebag? i didn't understand
14.11.2007 - 14:59
NECURATU
He tuned his guitar a quarter step down. My ears are to dumb to actually figure that out by themselves, but it seems this is how he got his unique tone.
----
19.11.2007 - 21:43
Lord TJ
This guitar is stupid!
Yea sure it would be nice to not have to tune it, but would it really be worth the money im guessing it is? (expensive)

If I really wanted a robotic guitar I would go to Toyz R Us and get a Fisher Price guitar!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
23.11.2007 - 18:05
Kharn
Account deleted
wether or not you would get one, you have to admit it's a pretty cool concept. I wouldn't have one myself but i think the intonation thing is awesome.

Though it would be better if it sorted that out itself...its a lot harder to get spot on.
23.11.2007 - 19:49
NECURATU
What's the point of tuning in very many different tunings by itself, since every tuning requires a different setup, thus your manual intervention as well?
----
24.11.2007 - 12:41
wrathchild
staff
I like it, we all use a tuner anyway and well, going through the tuning process is so boring at times that I just don't bother doing it. And thus there are an awful lot of songs I don't bother playing, let alone learning.

And I like that finally, one big manufacturer is trying to develop something new.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
26.11.2007 - 21:54
Lord TJ
Now if only it could restring your guitar for you, that would be totally worth it! (yes, I recently had a hissy fit stringing up my guitar the other day).

Written by wrathchild on 24.11.2007 at 12:41

And I like that finally, one big manufacturer is trying to develop something new.

Yea but im sure now that other guitar manufacturers will come up with the same thing.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

30.11.2007 - 08:31
ASiema113
To think that Gibson laughed at the idea of the electric guitar, but a fair warning to all who seek technologic advancements of the guitar, for one day it may be the guitar that plays you! like in soviet russia...
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
30.11.2007 - 19:54
Lord TJ
Written by ASiema113 on 30.11.2007 at 08:31

for one day it may be the guitar that plays you!

lol Yea! Our long hair will be connected to our asses as the strings, and the tension on our necks will make the tunings!
----

06.12.2007 - 00:20
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by ASiema113 on 30.11.2007 at 08:31

To think that Gibson laughed at the idea of the electric guitar, but a fair warning to all who seek technologic advancements of the guitar, for one day it may be the guitar that plays you! like in soviet russia...

Hahah,yeah, I see an Uncyclopedian here
----
06.12.2007 - 00:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Written by Stalker on 06.12.2007 at 00:20

Hahah,yeah, I see an Uncyclopedian here

"Everything sounds better in C minor. I MEAN EVERYTHING!"

~ Oscar Wilde on Music