Metal Storm logo
Spaceminers - online game

05.06.2006 - 18:41
Soptklan
Hello my fellow metalheads!

If you have free time to spend behind your computer, if you like to meet some new people on net (make fun of same ravers ), if you like team work and competition and if you like strategy games, then I have something for you here!

It's netgame called Spaceminers and it doesn't need any installation on your computer nor to be payed. It's totally 100% free to play. Sometimes there are even prizes for winners of it. It's true that it takes pretty much time to play good but main thing is to enjoy!

I'm pretty sure that many of you have never played something like it, that why I'll introduce the game bit more to you in next few lines:
-Game is played by ticks. Every tick happens on 30 min.
-You have your own planet in your galaxy, galaxy contains 5 planets (you choose who they are, so usually your friends)
-You build and make researches at your planet, for better tehnology. Better tehnology you have, faster your planet will grow
-You have "miners" that give you resourses. With resourses you build fleet to protect your miners (that they aren't stolen from other players). With your ships you can steal miners from ather players too.
-Your ships and miners give you your planet score and the one with best score wins the game.

Other:
-game has 4 races (I can introduce them later to you if you want)
-game has 3 specialities (will do same as with races)
-IRC is most likely a must, but it can be played without it too

Some other info:
As I mentioned there is teamwork and strategy included. If you aren't that good at strategy, don't worry, you'll get used to it. For team work I offer you my alliance. So if anyone is interasted to join game and knows that would need help, then he's welcome to join me. I'll train him the best way I can. (finished as 4th best planet last round). You can always play alone tho, but I suggest you to join alliance, becouse just with it you'll have more fun playing.

If you have some questions, then feel free to post them here. If you are going to join game, then link is here http://www.spaceminers.net/

If you decided to join me and my ally then feel free to pm me here or find me on irc ( /server irc.netgamers.org #partisans )

That's mainly all for now.
Cheers Soptklan

P.S. game won't start for about another 2 weeks, becouse last round just finished, but you can always try http://beta.spaceminers.net/ it's test server. I min tick. Enjoy!
----
People made for people to destroy!
12.06.2006 - 23:55
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Sounds pretty much like good ol' Planetarion. I used to play up to 4 games of those browser-based online games at a time, mostly Archmage clones; had to give it all up soon after I was promoted to staffer here at MS though.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.06.2006 - 23:07
Soptklan
Yea, it's pretty similar to Planetarion, but it does have some differences. Many more if you compare Planetia (if you played that too) and Planetaron.
----
People made for people to destroy!