Metal Storm logo
Headphones/Earbuds

14.11.2007 - 20:23
Lord TJ
What kind of headphones/earbuds do you have for your metal? Are they good? Bad? Why?

The other day I got these PHILIPS ear buds. I thought they were going to be pretty good for $15, but they suck! The rubber things don't even stay in my ear! The chords are even the same size! I am going to return them for my money back!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
14.11.2007 - 22:30
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I bought 7 phones in two months and honestly i don't know what happens to them. I increase the volume in Itunes, in order to ear the music louder in my ipod. Maybe that's what screws my phones. I bought earbuds like that ones in your image (Philips too), they were expensive and they've last 2 weeks. Now, i have normal phones (Sony).
14.11.2007 - 22:38
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I had some earbuds, Panasonic I think, and they were around 10$ They rocked about year really hard, and then the left one died few days ago.... But they are pretty good IMO
----
14.11.2007 - 22:46
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Stalker on 14.11.2007 at 22:38

I had some earbuds, Panasonic I think, and they were around 10$ They rocked about year really hard, and then the left one died few days ago.... But they are pretty good IMO

With me happens the same! Only one phone dies.
14.11.2007 - 22:48
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Unconsecrated on 14.11.2007 at 22:46

Written by Stalker on 14.11.2007 at 22:38

With me happens the same! Only one phone dies.

I have 3 or more with left one broken. I really dont know why is that, but seems like left one is more likely to die.
----
14.11.2007 - 23:11
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff

Sennheiser is one of the best headphone/earphone companies around and these canalphones are easily the best earphones I ever owned. I hear Creative's Aurvana is also good.
14.11.2007 - 23:31
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
When it comes to headphones, I don't like the type that you have to stick in your ear, mainly because I don't like sticking things in my ear. Anyway, the type of headphones I have are from Sony, and it still serves me well. I don't care what type of headphones they are, so long as I can hear my bloody music.
15.11.2007 - 00:15
Oracle
Orcinus
I use the headphones when i listen to music. i dont really like the ear bud ones coz they hurt when i stick them in my ear and plus they always fall out and they dont last very long. the types i headphones i use are the Sony ones coz out of all the headphones ive had, they last the longest and the sound quality is great.
15.11.2007 - 00:15
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I use studio headphones when I'm on my computer (the kind that cover the ear), and iPod earbuds with my ipod.
15.11.2007 - 01:25
selken
Irreligious
I prefer headphones cause they provide a better bass sound, the earbuds hurts my ears badly.
The problem with the earphones is when I have'm at full volume they can be heard in all the office!!!
----
15.11.2007 - 01:38
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
My ears are too small and so none of the earbuds that i have bought worked, they just never stay in place.

The headphones that i use are the JVC retractable cord, amazing i can control the length of the wire between the phones and from the phones to my ipod, and when i am not listening to my ipod i just click the button and it retracts and I keep the, in my pocket, they are very convenient
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
15.11.2007 - 07:49
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Yamaha RH3C Stereo Headphones

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-YAM-RH3C.html#

They are really good for the price, I think I paid $39+ taxes. I have another pair but they are back up in Canada, all I can remember about them was that they were like normally $150 - $200 but went on sale for something cheap and my dad bought them for me year's ago... But I highly recommend the Yamaha set, I use them exclusively for recording.
15.11.2007 - 08:12
Asphyxia
Account deleted
Written by Bitter Dawn on 15.11.2007 at 07:49

Yamaha RH3C Stereo Headphones

I had the same for a while and liked them as well

I use these now:
15.11.2007 - 12:40
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Today I bought Sony MDR E819V earbuds for my sister, they were arround 10e (12$ I think), and they are pretty good as I can see. They fit perfect to my ears, and they are so loud that with highest sound, it hurts how loud it is. And they have small volume control on the half of the cable, really handy and almost invisible.
----
15.11.2007 - 13:04
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
I only use actual headphones (the big pro things some of you mentioned) when DJing or producing music... Otherwise, a good sound system is always better at home than any headphones. On the outside, canalphones are the best way to go, imo, since they are compact and block noise from the outside.
15.11.2007 - 13:18
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Yeah, but when you are using mp3 player iPod or such things with small energy capacity, it isnt quite possible to have those big headphones....
----
15.11.2007 - 22:46
Kaamos
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 14.11.2007 at 20:23

What kind of headphones/earbuds do you have for your metal? Are they good? Bad? Why?

The other day I got these PHILIPS ear buds. I thought they were going to be pretty good for $15, but they suck! The rubber things don't even stay in my ear! The chords are even the same size! I am going to return them for my money back!

I urge you to try out Koss Sparkplugs. Excellent price/quality relationship. Comes with a lifetime warranty.

They isolate pretty decently, I seldom need to turn the volume in my MuVo past 1/4. Should fit well thanks to the foamy cushion design.
16.11.2007 - 05:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm married to my sony old-school earphones. They're the only ones that fit perfectly in my ears and don't hur me. They sound loud and their sound is really good and it doesn't distord (And that's very good cause I listen to my MP3 player at maximum volume. And they sound good with metal, and EBM, my two main genres.

----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.11.2007 - 12:52
Hyvaarin
Written by jupitreas on 14.11.2007 at 23:11

Sennheiser is one of the best headphone/earphone companies around and these canalphones are easily the best earphones I ever owned. I hear Creative's Aurvana is also good.

Not all Sennheisers are good, though - a while back I bought a set of one of their cheaper models and they SUCK THE BIG ONE. Sound quality is comparable to that of a crappy, old car radio, and they actually hurt to have in my ears. Luckily, they were so ill-designed that they never did stay in .

At the moment, I'm using a pair of Creative EP-630 earphones.

They are AWESOME, great sound quality and bass response, comfortable as hell and they stay in really well. They were also pretty cheap, given the quality.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
23.11.2007 - 20:47
TDFX
I've the standard earbuds that come with Sansa e260.
----
Last.fm
24.11.2007 - 17:46
Lupas
Maximus
but why use earphones or ear buds , just play loud music if it is metal looool .

I usually prefer listen my music without any headphone but when i use an mp3 palyer i stick to normal earphone .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
12.02.2008 - 01:41
Kurzag
Account deleted
I use Koss Porta Pro for my mp3 and computer. They may look like crap, but the sound is great and they are also very comfortable. The last years this headphones have become more cheaper in price, and this model have also become very popular here in Norway.

12.02.2008 - 03:06
Lord TJ
It looks old fashioned and looks like my hair would be caught in that which would be very painful indeed!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
20.12.2008 - 20:33
Atto
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 16.11.2007 at 12:52

Written by jupitreas on 14.11.2007 at 23:11

Not all Sennheisers are good, though - a while back I bought a set of one of their cheaper models and they SUCK THE BIG ONE. Sound quality is comparable to that of a crappy, old car radio, and they actually hurt to have in my ears. Luckily, they were so ill-designed that they never did stay in .

They are AWESOME, great sound quality and bass response, comfortable as hell and they stay in really well. They were also pretty cheap, given the quality.

Well, don't know if that's the case, but I heard that they sell a lot of fake Sennheiser on Ebay...

Either way, I'm satisfied with my Audio Technica ATH CKM50...great bass, and they isolate pretty well the external noise...
21.12.2008 - 17:17
Ernis
狼獾
I discovered the small ones with rubber in the end that you can stick inside the ear....they're perfect because all the others were always too large to fit into my hedgehog-size years, they started to hurt, fell off and everyone could hear what I was listening to.....the rubber end ones (canalphones?) are nice comfortable and discreet.....
21.12.2008 - 22:55
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I have those "Earcandy" ear buds. they where about $30 but they cut out almost all outside noise and have rubber covers so they don't hurt. They also have another device on them to turn up the music so I can either turn up the bass or anything else if I set it right.
----
Coldgrits
22.12.2008 - 00:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Hyvaarin on 16.11.2007 at 12:52

That's what I'm using too! And yes, the rule!
----
22.12.2008 - 00:31
Hamird
Lieutenant
Oh, I had these nice, powerful Philips headphones:

But my little nephew cut the wire with his teeth
30.12.2008 - 07:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Earbuds are sooo bad for your ears. headphones all the way, preferably sennheisers.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.12.2008 - 01:34
Kanto
Written by LeChron James on 30.12.2008 at 07:19

Earbuds are sooo bad for your ears. headphones all the way, preferably sennheisers.
Exactly. Actually I'm kind of "afraid" of earbuds because the soundwaves goes right into you tympanum, and with high volume that's dangerous .
Anyway, I had a trip a few months ago, so I'm using a crappy and free Air France Headphones. My old Maxwell are broken so...sad for me -__-
----
...Dude.