Metal Storm logo
Amaran - Split-Up

After the band's vocalist Johanna DePierre left in July of this year, Amaran desperately tried to find a new singer. The band has given up the search now and posted the following statement on the official website.

"Dear all,

This year comes to an end and we are sad to say that Amaran does the same. Since Johanna left us in July we have really been struggling looking for a replacement. We have tried by contacts, friends, ads, headhunting, hostile kidnapping and threat without any success. Our bad luck always seems to keep up with us.
This issue has simply unplugged our tub of motivation, and we all decided to put Amaran six feet under. We would like to thank everyone who has been involved in any way with us during these Amaran years. As a final word, we suggest you to keep your eyes open during the forthcoming year. A new year seems to be a good time to start up something new...

A final farewell from Amaran"

Source: amaran.net
Band profile: Amaran
Posted: 29.12.2005 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 33 users
15.11.2007 - 17:22
abysss

You should do an instrumental album, I'm sure it would be awesome anyway!
16.11.2007 - 19:54
Deadsoulman

Written by abysss on 15.11.2007 at 17:22

You should do an instrumental album, I'm sure it would be awesome anyway!

Are you aware that this news is 2 years old?
17.11.2007 - 03:54
Promonex
Cathemeral
I love the scent of putrescine lingering around two year old corpses
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.01.2009 - 19:28
abysss

Idk how old the news is, I still can play their old albums and feel the power, even in their instruments.
31.01.2010 - 09:51
Lachy
Account deleted
Its quite sad that the split up. They were like the only melo death band (that i know of) that had clean female vocals. A it really worked well for them
31.08.2013 - 23:03
valcrist

Does anyone know what has been of them? did they from a new group? or in what bands are the original members right now? they really had a greta and particular sound together (P.D: I know is an old thread but listenning recently again some of their music got curious)

Hits total: 2329 | This month: 8