Metal Storm logo
Machine called man

05.06.2006 - 22:40
Markku
Account deleted
Machine called man is a relatively new(active since 2000) proggish US power metal band from USA.

I got into them a few months ago reading a review here on MS.
There was song from them on the compilation not too much time ago.

They released an album in 2005 called 2.004, some of the songs can be downloaded from the band's official site:
http://www.machinecalledman.com

And here's the review(by Jeff) mentioned above:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=2614

So anyone else around here into that great melodic/progressive thrash act?
09.06.2006 - 07:08
mvikred

ive heard the 2 songs on their website .. though i'm not a big fan of power metal , mainly cuz their vocals put me off, i like this bands music ... neat stuff. hope to get hold of that album soon

mvikred
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
13.06.2006 - 13:48
Markku
Account deleted
Written by mvikred on 09.06.2006 at 07:08

ive heard the 2 songs on their website .. though i'm not a big fan of power metal , mainly cuz their vocals put me off, i like this bands music ... neat stuff. hope to get hold of that album soon

mvikred

Calling this band power metal would be kind of harsh.
They're more like a mix of thrash power and progressive and who knows what else too...
13.06.2006 - 17:32
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Markku: they play US power metal...that's all...They rule I have both the album als the demo (the demo on mp3's). They are a great band, worth listening. You can ask Hellish Star for more details
13.06.2006 - 18:50
Markku
Account deleted
I see there a bit of thrash and a some prog too.
13.06.2006 - 19:01
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by mvikred on 09.06.2006 at 07:08

ive heard the 2 songs on their website .. though i'm not a big fan of power metal , mainly cuz their vocals put me off

Same goes with me .. cant tolerate power metal vocals .... will try the band.
29.07.2006 - 22:51
MetalSpider

Just listened to the 2 songs on their website...very good. Im curious about the rest of the album now.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.10.2006 - 13:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetalSpider on 29.07.2006 at 22:51

Just listened to the 2 songs on their website...very good. Im curious about the rest of the album now.

Me too but IMO it shood be in melodic metal forum how here, but Im not shore, Its great band whit old school attitude, I try find my space page
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2006 - 23:27
MetalSpider

I agree, it should be in the melodic metal forum.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.10.2006 - 23:42
Markku
Account deleted
Well, you're probably right. I'll move it.
Does anyone have a copy of 2.004, how are rest of the songs which aren't available in the internet. My copy should arrive soon, I'm getting quite impatient allready.
05.10.2006 - 19:09
Hellish Star

we talked about this band a long time ago, in the US metal thread. Nobody but venom and the other US metal fans were interested in those days. Good to see Markku discovered this awesome US power metal band as well. If you like this kind of metal, try Eden's Fall, Taunted etc.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
06.10.2006 - 00:14
Markku
Account deleted
This threas has been for quit some time. You're right about Eden's Fall and Taunted. The first on being more prog orientedand the second one sound rather thrashy to me.
06.10.2006 - 03:47
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
It's alive again! Good to see it's getting some posts, bad it still the same poeple. The album is an absolute killer I think it has almost 50 listens to now every time I listen to it I get something new! You should also try some other new and exciting bands: Shatter Mesiah is one of them I'll reply later to this thread I'm to tired to answer now!
06.10.2006 - 18:46
Hellish Star

Written by Guest on 06.10.2006 at 03:47

It's alive again! Good to see it's getting some posts, bad it still the same poeple. The album is an absolute killer I think it has almost 50 listens to now every time I listen to it I get something new! You should also try some other new and exciting bands: Shatter Mesiah is one of them I'll reply later to this thread I'm to tired to answer now!

I made a thread about Shatter Messiah. Same story as usual; only we are responding.... We should make a private forum
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
14.10.2006 - 16:03
Markku
Account deleted
I finally received the album, it's as good as I had hoped.
14.10.2006 - 20:49
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@Markku: I'm glad you liked it, any favorite tracks?
14.10.2006 - 20:54
Markku
Account deleted
I wouldn't name any as I only had time to listen the album for one time, besides that favourite tracks change all the time too.