02. Danse Macabre
03. Pardonne Nous
04. Illusion
05. Nature Morte
06. Hors Du temps
07. Chacun Son tour
08. Les Autres
09. Le mal Est fait

In France we got five or six years ago a big Nu Metal / Hardcore wave. Some bands, maybe that some of you know them, like Black Bomb A or Lofofora were the leaders of this scene. It's not so trendy right now but still active and Oestre is one new member of this league (with however some musical differences?). No doubt that their first release, "La Piste Des Larmes" will be a good album for all the ones who still listen to this music.

Since that Oestre sings in French and since that the band plays a kind of "nu" Hardcore, they remind be a bit a band like Lofofora or Watcha. Well, it's probably a lot more the lyrics in French and the little Hardcore influences which "look" like those two bands than something else, because Oestre has its own personality actually. Not so complex but direct with a lot of good choruses, this first album which is a nice mix of Hardcore, Nu Metal and Indus is not displeasing. Of course, definitely, this is something for the aficionados of the genre and I cannot see how someone who listen to classic Heavy Metal and who is not really open minded could like this album but for sure if you like the "Nu" French scene, this is a must for you. It's not really revolutionary in the genre but the addition of the Electronic sounds is cool and no doubt that we have some good ideas on this release. Also, it's probably a bit more "Metal" than the majority of the bands of this scene so it cannot be so bad!

The recording is ok and the really engaged lyrics (that's a trend for all these French bands) are not bad at all! Actually, "La Piste Des Larmes" doesn't suffer of any real problem if you just remember and understand that it's not a classic Metal album. Clearly oriented toward a musical direction and then toward its fans, "La Piste Des Larmes" is a must for all the ones who use to listen to this kind of music. The others can try it at least, this is not a bad album really but I will not be so surprising if they don't like it?

With their first album, the guys of Oestre prove that their music is still alive in France. Though if it was trendy some years ago, this is a bit different right now (yes, the bands like Gojira, The Old Dead Tree or Krangens are the real leaders of the French Metal scene now!) and it's a good thing for them in my opinion. After all, we're not saturated anymore by this kind of music and it can be good to listen to it sometime! Don't miss this album if you like Nu French Metal.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 14.11.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
16.11.2007 - 10:22
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I don't know anything about this band but I love that cover!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 4314 | This month: 5