Metal Storm logo
Mew

18.11.2007 - 17:12
duyhung
Account deleted
Here it is... the Mew's thread in MS

For ones who haven't heard of this band, they're 3 (in the past, 4) talented musicians from Denmark, playing a music which can be described as Indie/Art Rock or, as the band once referred themselves, 'Pretentious Art Rock'. They've released 4 albums so far, and i can say that all of them are really really good, especially the breakthrough 'Frengers' (i was totally impressed since the very first minute of this album).

The unique point about this band, to me, is the voice of Jonas (think of something so soft and ethereal then you may have an idea of his voice. The first time i listened to Jonas' vocals in 'Am I Wry?No" i even thought like 'whawww this GIRL rocks!!' ). In addition the guitar parts are also excellent, i know this sounds strange but sometimes they remind me of Dream Theater (though really don't know why )

And if you want a try, here are some links for you :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3WwkN_EUhJ : Zookeeper's Boy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IHnQB6CnlKI&feature=related : Am I Wry? No
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4JVUvC74D8w&feature=related : Comforting Sounds

So, that's it, what do you think about these guys?
30.11.2007 - 09:40
GT
Coffee!!
I honestly think they are overrated big time...and I really don't like the voice of the vocalist. He's so annoying when he tries to cry his heart out
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.11.2007 - 21:31
duyhung
Account deleted
To me his voice is OK , and i don't think they're overrated... well, maybe And The Glass Handed Kites is a bit 'commercial' in some songs but Frengers is simply amazing... Anyway we can have different opinions and that's fine
02.12.2007 - 13:23
GT
Coffee!!
@duyhung: yeah sure we can...the overrated part is mainly because they got so much air time on the radiostations here whenever they released something and that was very annoying if you didn't like the music and everybody was constantly talking about them...a lot of my friends like them for some reason
----

09.12.2007 - 20:34
DiviniaCommedia
Account deleted
I really love Mew. They're one of my favourites. Some of their songs, easpecially from the two first albums, tend to be a bit average, but then again some of the other songs are so fantastic that I get goose bumps just from thinking about them. "Comforting sounds" and "White Lips Kissed" are among the best songs I know of. I've seen them live two times, both shows were great.
09.12.2007 - 20:54
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.12.2007 at 20:34

I really love Mew. They're one of my favourites. Some of their songs, easpecially from the two first albums, tend to be a bit average, but then again some of the other songs are so fantastic that I get goose bumps just from thinking about them. "Comforting sounds" and "White Lips Kissed" are among the best songs I know of. I've seen them live two times, both shows were great.

Yeah i love the outro of Comforting Sounds!! fantastic, and so comfortable indeed , a great way to end the album. Btw at where have you seen them live?
09.12.2007 - 23:03
DiviniaCommedia
Account deleted
I've seen them at Rockefeller, Norway, and at the Norwegian Wood festival, which is of course also in Norway, both shows in 2006.

Does anybody know if they're planning a new album yet? I want more Mew!
10.12.2007 - 00:05
duyhung
Account deleted
Hmm no news recently , i remember once Bo has said that they were hoping to release the new album in the beginning of 2008, but it's December now and still there is nothing new...., i'm afraid it'll be delayed.

However do they plan to find a replacement for Johan or the band will remain as a trio?
19.02.2008 - 18:45
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Mew? Isn't that a Pokémon?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.02.2008 - 23:00
Omni
Account deleted
I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like the vocalist, he is a bit cutesy and frail. I think that kinda makes the beauty of the music they write though.

Excuse me while I stick on "Frengers".
01.04.2008 - 13:31
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.02.2008 at 18:45

Haha yeah, if you search for "Mew" on Google, especially Google Images, most of the results will be about that Pokemon. I do find it pretty annoying sometimes

@ Omni : same here, can't get enough of Frengers
02.04.2008 - 06:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 01.04.2008 at 13:31

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.02.2008 at 18:45

Haha yeah, if you search for "Mew" on Google, especially Google Images, most of the results will be about that Pokemon. I do find it pretty annoying sometimes

Well, Mew is a legendary Pokémon, so it' no surprising most results are about him.
Yes I saw the first series and teh 1st movie.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
27.04.2008 - 19:57
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Guest on 09.12.2007 at 23:03

I've seen them at Rockefeller, Norway, and at the Norwegian Wood festival, which is of course also in Norway, both shows in 2006.

Does anybody know if they're planning a new album yet? I want more Mew!

According to their MySpace, they've just left for New York to get something started...and that might mean a new album
----

27.04.2008 - 21:57
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Indeed, i think it's a new album