Metal Storm logo
Guitar Pro

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 19.11.2007 - 21:30
Guitar Pro

Seeing how many of us have Guitar Pro, I figured it would be nice to have a thread for it.

Questions?
Find something cool?
Tips and tricks?
Post it here!

I recently got Guitar Pro 5, I haven't used it much yet seeing how I need to change my guitar strings.
24.08.2010 - 14:41
Ahmad
You need more than user ID to crack GP6 , just google for it , don't expect to find this kind of things here
20.10.2010 - 11:37
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Does anybody know how to change the default Stylesheet in GP6 because it's VERY annoying to have to change it everytime I launch the app.?

and on the other hand is there any way to change the drum notation to the old GP one (i.e. the numbered notes) because I SUCK at the standard notation?
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
21.10.2010 - 20:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I use Guitar Pro a lot, I think it's great. Especially because it has all the information about tuning and tempos. And u can change them and practise that way. It's a very useful tool, it helped me a lot in developping technique.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.10.2010 - 06:19
the stranger
This software is just amazing. For learning stuff. Just writing down the exercises and getting the tempo right. Also the metronome is really useful.
28.11.2010 - 05:36
Alex Smith
I use Guitar Pro 5, it sounds much better when you use RSE (Realistic Sound Engine). That really helps when you write songs.
25.01.2011 - 12:37
Gurth Bennas
I think GP5 is much more easier than GP6. GP6 is really crowded!! I used both of them, but I think GP6 is better. however GP6's RSE is more realistic than the old one.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
25.01.2011 - 16:52
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Gurth Bennas on 25.01.2011 at 12:37

I think GP5 is much more easier than GP6. GP6 is really crowded!! I used both of them, but I think GP6 is better. however GP6's RSE is more realistic than the old one.

if you seek for easy ...Tux Guitar...
although it don't have RSE it can work with GP5 and GP6 files but it has some limitations when it comes to editing score...
Its free and open source btw...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
26.01.2011 - 20:32
Gurth Bennas
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 25.01.2011 at 16:52

if you seek for easy ...Tux Guitar...
although it don't have RSE it can work with GP5 and GP6 files but it has some limitations when it comes to editing score...
Its free and open source btw...

Thanks for your offer
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
29.01.2011 - 15:41
Sangre Sani
New GuitarPro 6 looks kinda like Acrobat Reader to me.
I'll stick to 5.

Is that a way to change tunning of all tracks in single click without transpositioning the tab? Now I must click on each track, change tunning and click "No" in dialog box. It's some sort of irritating when you've got 8 tracks in one song.
30.01.2011 - 01:56
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Sangre Sani on 29.01.2011 at 15:41

New GuitarPro 6 looks kinda like Acrobat Reader to me.
I'll stick to 5.

Is that a way to change tunning of all tracks in single click without transpositioning the tab? Now I must click on each track, change tunning and click "No" in dialog box. It's some sort of irritating when you've got 8 tracks in one song.

Tip>play in one tuning ...
I know I know but there is worse,like when you got some 20 songs to transpose .....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
16.03.2011 - 19:44
btbamfan20
I actually greatly enjoy GP6, its easy to use once u get the hang of it. I remember not liking GP5 when it came out, and i stuck to GP4 for a while after the 5th came out. U can EDIT your guitars sound! that right that was awesome cuz u can take away that fake sound more than the RSE did... imo
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
16.03.2011 - 19:45
btbamfan20
GP6 helped me re-write that metric song for the Much Music Coca Cola Covers Contest. i wouldnt have been able to make it sound so good if it wasnt for GP6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuOny6l1-A
----
Gerald Massey: "They must find it difficult ... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
22.03.2011 - 05:00
Bob.Ego
Just downloaded the demo, hoping to get it soon so i can save what i've written in the past.
20.05.2011 - 17:49
Razorback
GP is really useful and nice help,I use GP5,even if GP6 sounds better i still like it more.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
25.05.2011 - 20:31
NyarlathoTim
Written by btbamfan20 on 16.03.2011 at 19:44

I actually greatly enjoy GP6, its easy to use once u get the hang of it. I remember not liking GP5 when it came out, and i stuck to GP4 for a while after the 5th came out. U can EDIT your guitars sound! that right that was awesome cuz u can take away that fake sound more than the RSE did... imo

I've had Guitar Pro 6 for quite a while and I still hate it. It's buggy. (Yes, it's a legal copy.) It crashes all the time. It can't print anything to save its life.

I use Guitar Pro 5 as much as I can.
----
Burning Shadows - US Power Metal
Recently Vacated Graves - Zombie Metal
Isenmor - Folk Metal
28.05.2011 - 18:37
btbamfan20
Written by NyarlathoTim on 25.05.2011 at 20:31

Written by btbamfan20 on 16.03.2011 at 19:44

I've had Guitar Pro 6 for quite a while and I still hate it. It's buggy. (Yes, it's a legal copy.) It crashes all the time. It can't print anything to save its life.

I use Guitar Pro 5 as much as I can.

ya it does crash a lot for me too... but they put out updates a lot, so maybe they'll fix the problem once and for all sometime in the future
----