Metal Storm logo
SikTh

Original post

Posted by , 06.06.2006 - 00:03
Seeing as the new album is out tomorrow (26th for UK ) I thought I'd resurrect this thread for what is the most underrated band ever.

I'm very surprised this awesome English band haven't been mentioned much. I really don't know how to classify them but a lot of people call them "Weirdcore" which I think is pretty inaccurate, despite being one of the most unique bands I've ever listened to.

The album "The Trees are Dead and Dried Out, Wait For Something Wild" is an absolute masterpiece. I've never listened to an album so chaotic yet brimming with fantastic ideas.

The new album 'Death of a Dead Day' is probably going to be a contender for album of the year and I suspect the adjective "genius" will once again be frequently used to describe this band. I've heard a couple of songs I managed to download off a guy who has it on Soulseek before he went offline and they were pretty amazing

I canne wait!
12.07.2011 - 06:21
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Well atleast they released two solid albums before they quit
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
13.07.2011 - 23:55
Mikyz

People who like Sikth should probably check this http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/7252/aliases-whats-left-for-us-video-premiere sounds promising, it has the Sikth-vibe.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
14.07.2011 - 10:50
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Written by Mikyz on 13.07.2011 at 23:55

People who like Sikth should probably check this http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/7252/aliases-whats-left-for-us-video-premiere sounds promising, it has the Sikth-vibe.

Yeah its good to hear Pin's guitar work again. Haven't made up my mind on these guys yet but its good to see some of the old SikTh members getting involved with new bands. I'm still holding out hope that they will just reform sikTh :p
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
01.11.2011 - 23:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
SikTh's old guitarist Pin has just released an album with his new band Aliases. Blatant SikTh-ness going on but it's pretty damn good really.

05.12.2011 - 18:37
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Guest on 01.11.2011 at 23:50

SikTh's old guitarist Pin has just released an album with his new band Aliases. Blatant SikTh-ness going on but it's pretty damn good really.

Oh these guys were on tour with The Ocean and Textures recently. Not bad, but they sound pretty much like a Skith clone, except for the vocals.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.04.2012 - 08:36
Nefarious
Doom Knight
There has been some interesting developments within the SikTh camp recently! This was posted on their official FB page:

"More Merch has been ordered guys.. hoodies and girls skinny tee's. we will then look at getting some of the other designs up. btw, Calls for a reunion are amazing.. thanks... OF COURSE we want to... we've never said other wise. It will happen when the times right. There WILL be another SikTh record... and it will be our best... thats a PROMISE. It took us the best part of 2 years to complete the writing of DOADD so I guess you'll have to be patient. Besides, theres a bucket load of riffs that we wrote for album three still sat there - so we'll have a head start next time ;-):"

So there we are! Restocking their merch & promising a reunion It's going to be a horrible wait though as it sound like something that wont happen in the immediate future.

On a side note, Mikee Goodman & Dan Foord recently teamed up with Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden on a new project called Primal Rock Rebellion. Their debut album titled 'Awoken Broken' was just released & personally i just cant get enough of it

Here's the first single from it for those interested:

----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid