Metal Storm logo
Earache Records - Thrashing Like A Maniac Compilation

Earache Records announces the release of an explosive collection of tracks from the growing legion of New-School Thrash & Crossover bands, set to appear instores in UK and Europe on 21 January 2008 & February 5th in USA.

The compilation entitled "Thrashing Like A Maniac" brings together the very best of the new crop of bands who are revelling in re-awakening the long lost genre, and building on the work of the past thrash masters. It will surely please old and new fans of the genre alike, if razor-sharp riffs, blistering drum speeds and shredding guitar solos are what you crave.

To find out more about the release [and to stream some songs], head over to http://www.myspace.com/thrashinglikeamaniac.

For many of the acts this collection brings together their very first recordings. Bands include Earache's Evile and Bonded By Blood, plus the debut of recent Earache signees, Irish Thrashers Gama Bomb, as well as the leaders of the current thrash-pack - Municipal Waste. Hand-picked tracks from Dekapitator, Warbringer, Fueled By Fire, Toxic Holocaust, SSS, Mutant, Brasil's Violator, Merciless Death, UK's Deadfall, Lazarus, Send More Paramedics and Sweden's Decadence also appear.

"Thrashing Like A Maniac" comes at a time where thrash is once again making its mark on the world of heavy metal. Featuring bands drawing on old school thrash's no-frills aggression and injecting a healthy dosage of energy and fun back into the scene.

"Thrashing Like A Maniac" is released on CD and Vinyl LP, both formats also come with a bonus FREE 24 page Xeroxed B/W zine entitled Speed Merchants which contains exclusive interviews with all the bands featured.

The tracklisting is as follows:

01. Bonded By Blood - Immortal Life
02. Evile - Thrasher
03. Municipal Waste - The Art Of Partying
04. Dekapitator - Deathstrike Command
05. Fueled By Fire - Massive Execution
06. Decadence - Corrosion
07. Warbringer - Total War
08. SSS - Overload
09. Gama Bomb - Zombi Brew
10. Merciless Death - Exumer
11. Deadfall - Resistance Is Futile
12. Lazarus - Last Breath
13. Toxic Holocaust - War Is Hell
14. Mutant - Psycho Therapy
15. Violator - Atomic Nightmare
16. Send More Paramedics - Twilight Of The Flies

Source: earachenews.blogspot.com
Posted: 19.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 1 user
19.11.2007 - 22:03
necrovamp

great but new bands? send more paramedics have been going for a while and have split up, i wuldnt call them new.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
19.11.2007 - 23:25
Opium
Account deleted
The world needs more Thrash

This is an excellent way to introduce people to bands keeping the scene alive.
24.11.2007 - 03:51
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I really like the idea, but the songs on the Myspace I thought were kinda weak... even my beloved Deadfall sounded too close to average although they're definitely the best out of those 4. If thrash wasn't parodying itself before, it certainly is now
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 3292 | This month: 9