Metal Storm logo
Best of the LOTR movies

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 24.11.2007 - 12:16
my favourite would have to be.. goddamit i love them all! but seriously now my favourite would have to be Fellowship, because there we have the whole crew and more travelling and adventures than in any other of the movies. a shame we have no gollum.

Poll

which?

Fellowship of the Ring
Return of the King
The Two Towers

Total votes: 83
27.11.2008 - 13:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Two Towers. Almost non-stop battle scene. Simply put. Fellowship was nice and all, but it was a bit too slow to appreciate over and over, Return Of The King was a bit too drawn out for my liking.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.05.2009 - 18:17
TheOwl

Difficult to choose.... I was asked again in the past and said 'Return Of The King' but now I will go for 'The Two Towers' simply because it has the most well filmed battle scenes ever made!
12.05.2009 - 19:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The first and the last movie are slightly better than the second. but i'll vote the 1st one cause i was younger and i felt like entering another world with seeing it....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
12.05.2009 - 23:50
tulkas
el parcero
My favorite of 3, and thus my vote, is The Return of the King, but it's mainly because of one scene. At the battle in Minas Tirith, when the Rohan horn blows and they appear at the summit of the hill, and then start running down towards the plain where all the orcs and goblins are, that's just priceless. Ican watch whatever movie with whatever car/bike chase or super martial arts fight, but nothing beats hundreds of viking-like warriors with swords in hands riding galloping horses ready to take down whatever lies in their way
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
13.05.2009 - 20:04
Vunts

Written by Guest on 12.02.2009 at 03:23

www.thehuntforgollum.com is complete and will be released online for free May 3rd this year.

Don't remember the part all to well, but I have to say I quite enjoyed looking through the movie. It had some decent scenes. Good enough to watch through without yawning, even though it was relatively slow paced.

As far as the official movies go, when I watched them all in a row one day not so far ago, then the first movie had the most memorable moments and the best atmosphere in total. Helm's Deep was a disappointment to me before it started, because I was really looking forward to Erkenbrand (and I knew he wasn't in there); also I wasn't a huge fan of the sliding elf, even though it almost made sense. The climax really brought a tear of joy to my eyes when I was watching it at the cinema (and also after midnight when I was almost drunk), so it still ended well, despite my general unhappiness.
Rohirrim's entrance to Minas Tirith in the 3rd movie is one of the more epic scenes lately and longer ago. I really really loved it. However, as plenty of others have said, the movie dragged on a bit. Funny that the first movie, while being the least action oriented, didn't feel like that.

Anyways, I voted some long time ago, and I don't remember what for, but at the moment I would probably vote for the first.
25.05.2009 - 21:54
HellHammer
Account deleted
I would have to go for "The Two Towers", the battle is so damn epic it sucked me right into it. Second would be "The Fellowship...". This is for me the ultimate trilogy ever made.
26.05.2009 - 01:45
tulkas
el parcero
Just a fact... i was watching the additional stuff on the extended version, and they were talking about how they created Gollum and said that part of the inspiration of his bony really skinny figure came from Iggy Pop that made me laugh my ass off.
----
26.05.2009 - 16:47
HellHammer
Account deleted
Yeah I also saw "the making of"... In one scene Aragorn kicks a helmet and breaks his toe, and that is also in the film.
27.05.2009 - 06:28
tulkas
el parcero
Come on, man. are you saying star wars is better than LOTR? i kill you! hehehe
but they're not different in themes, the LOTR movies, they're just different parts of the same story, but i do understand that you'd prefer not to vote
----
10.07.2009 - 08:29
gwarscumdog

The Two Towres because I just like the battle of Helms Deep awsome battle of any Lord of the Rings.
18.07.2009 - 07:51
Butters

The Two Towers was definitely my favorite, the battle at helms deep was so fucking awesome. But only one part gives me chills of pure awesomeness, that in the Return of the King when Theoden gives his speech on Pelenor fields and the Rohirrim charge, that scene gives me chills every time I see it. The Fellowship is really good for that kind of start out film to get you into the story and it definitely has it's high points.
20.12.2009 - 22:48
Hylia

Two towers because it has way more action than the other two movies. It's so hard to choose though.
21.12.2009 - 07:45
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
How can the Fellowship of Ring be the most voted??!! There is not one single cool battle in this movie!

In TwoTowers there is the battle at Helms Deep, and the Minas Tirith battle in the next movie. ´´The Fellowship´´ has simply nothing, maybe the Balrog part... but nothing more.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
22.12.2009 - 08:58
The Shape

Well imo i have to say The Return of the King. Honestly i just thought it was the best. It had the most Action. Some amazing battles and it had some great adventure in it. I just think it all all the best parts of the other movies together.
----
24.12.2009 - 02:32
Replicant

Fellowship of the Ring is my favourite of the movies, and also my favourite of the three parts to the book. I love the progression from the simple Shire stuff, through to the freakyness of the Black Riders and their haunting of the hobbits through to Rivendell and then on to Moria with the Fellowship and stuff. Just the atmosphere of it really. I have to concede though...the intro to The Two Towers movie is fucking excellent. I think I slightly prefer TTT over RotK, in terms of the movies, whereas I probably appreciate those two parts of the book equally (movie misses out scouring of the shire and other cool things).
05.03.2010 - 19:54
I_Die_Often

...how many people on MS do not list LOTR as a fav??? JK-LOL
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
05.03.2010 - 20:47
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I for example absolutely don't like LotR
05.03.2010 - 21:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Born to be different?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.07.2010 - 03:54
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Fellowship leads? WOO-HOO! This is the first place where I have seen Fellowship take the lead in the category of best LOTR film and oh how correct that is!