Metal Storm logo
Deadsoul Tribe

24.11.2007 - 23:03
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Deadsoul Tribe, one of the most innovative and powerful Progressive Metal bands out there, continue to produce albums of of brilliance, yet tend to be a rather unknown band? With the recent release of A Lullaby For The Devil these guys show once again why their music is a hot and cold bath of emotion. Devon Graves has one of the most amazing voices in the current Metal scene.

So my question is, why is this band not that well known?
----
(space for rent)
24.11.2007 - 23:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Their music doesn't stand out that much for me...they're a great band but I never thought they were anything to special...perhaps I should go and rediscover their music...I listened to all their albums awhile ago and nothing really stood out...
25.11.2007 - 15:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I think they are a good band. They do their thing, I do think they are unique in a way. "a murder of crows" is impressive as I can remember. But I havent listened to them so much as to know them in depth.

I don't know, maybe there are too many good progressive bands out there and they were forgotten. Maybe people don't give them a change and actually listen to their albums. It can be several things.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.11.2007 - 20:22
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by BloodTears on 25.11.2007 at 15:02

Maybe people don't give them a change and actually listen to their albums.

Yeah, because they don't sound like Dream Theater. So people don't want to listen to them.
----
(space for rent)
25.11.2007 - 20:32
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Musically, they are problematic. Earlier albums had songwriting issues and the more recent stuff sometimes shines but isnt consistent.

EDIT: I mentioned something personal here about Devon Graves and it was later pointed out to me that it might have been inappropriate in a public forum. Therefore, I edited this part out.
25.11.2007 - 21:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Dane Train on 25.11.2007 at 20:22

Written by BloodTears on 25.11.2007 at 15:02

Maybe people don't give them a change and actually listen to their albums.

Yeah, because they don't sound like Dream Theater. So people don't want to listen to them.

Well I love Dream Theater and I can still enjoy them so I don't know. But thats generalizing too much I would say. Personally I don't like bands that look like dream theater, its actually a turn-off. Only they can make that sound.
----

My Instagram
25.11.2007 - 23:22
Ivor
Staff
Personally I have to say I'm rather disappointed with the last two albums. Both, "Dead Word" and "A Lullaby for the Devil" failed to impress me. While "A Murder of Crows" and "January Tree" where both spinning long in my player, newer one's didn't offer much. True, as Jups said there are some songs that are better than the others but on the whole they don't shine. And this latest move of Devon, away from the sound he called tribal, wasn't anything good in particular. That tribal sound was good. As is the flute he uses a bit too rarely. Which is a pity IMO.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
29.11.2007 - 19:41
Nilla
Account deleted
Well sometimes it takes time for a band to be known and they really haven't been around for very long even if they have been very productive, releasing five albums in about as many years. Otherwise I really don't now why, its not as if the music is hard to get into... I rarely like a album the first time I hear it and "A Murder of Crows" and "January Tree" where both exceptions to that. I was not as impressed with "The dead world" as the previous ones but the new one sounds better from what I've heard of it. I never really got what the "tribal" sound in their music was supposed to be though, could somebody explain it more clearly?
01.12.2007 - 13:25
Timsen
Account deleted
Saw them several times on Festivals or as support for Rage.
I got one studio album before and was surprised of their intensive live show!
A band you have so see on stage!
04.03.2008 - 22:29
GT
Coffee!!
Deadsoul Tribe have just been confirmed for ProgPower Scandinavia in Copenhagen
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.03.2008 - 20:25
Hellish Star

Great band but I still prefer Psychotic Waltz...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
07.03.2008 - 23:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
After the brilliant "A lullaby for the devil" I only expect great things coming from them. They never cease to impress me.
----

My Instagram
13.03.2011 - 12:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Any news about a potential new album? I kinda miss them. It's been 4 years. I'd say it's time to make a new album.
----

My Instagram
13.03.2011 - 12:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 13.03.2011 at 12:37

Any news about a potential new album? I kinda miss them. It's been 4 years. I'd say it's time to make a new album.

Well Buddy Lackey (a.k.a. Devon graves) is of course currently busy touring with the Psychotic Waltz reunion.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2011 - 13:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2011 at 12:59

Well Buddy Lackey (a.k.a. Devon graves) is of course currently busy touring with the Psychotic Waltz reunion.

I know, but it's been 4 years and so he better finish it up quickly. I'm getting impatient.
----

My Instagram
13.03.2011 - 13:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 13.03.2011 at 13:06

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2011 at 12:59

I know, but it's been 4 years and so he better finish it up quickly. I'm getting impatient.

I'd much rather have that Psychotic Waltz release something new than deadsoul Tribe, although they are good Psychotic Waltz is infinitely superior and mroe orignal and and and
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2011 - 14:24
Ivor
Staff
I remember reading quite some time ago that Deadsoul Tribe was quietly buried. Devon Graves felt it sort of exhausted itself. Don't know if it is true, though. I really wouldn't mind a new album.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
14.03.2011 - 01:14
BloodTears
ANA-thema
If that is true, it's a shame.

Deadsoul Tribe are quite near and dear to my heart. I was never too big on Psychotic Waltz.
----

My Instagram