Metal Storm logo
Accept

25.11.2007 - 12:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
a truly underrated german heavy metal blend of Ac/Dc and Judas Priest...i actually made this topic cause i remember seeing a video once with a band all in black and white performing on stage with a bald/blond short haired vocalist, was it Accept or UDO? i know it can't be priest since i would have known.
25.11.2007 - 15:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 25.11.2007 at 12:08

a truly underrated german heavy metal blend of Ac/Dc and Judas Priest...i actually made this topic cause i remember seeing a video once with a band all in black and white performing on stage with a bald/blond short haired vocalist, was it Accept or UDO? i know it can't be priest since i would have known.

IMO it shood be Accept/UDO
About Videos all prom vids are in MS I edd them so go and wartvh them

I agree bvand are good but not undergrouynd, somehow thay wa smore popular in post comunistic countries how in western Europe I dunno why, maybe because of Udo, Im not shore but band are great and not underground its awsome band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.11.2007 - 23:36
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
yeah! i thought they were a combination ov AC/DC and Judas Priest as well! I love this band! My dad remembers when they use to play "Balls To The Wall" in certain clubs down here in The Bahamas back in the '80's........There's alot more to them than that song though, they fvcking rule!

26.11.2007 - 09:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Yeah definitly underrated, I hate to sound cliche but the music video for 'Balls To the Wall' is my favorite video of all time, the way its choreogrpahed with the guitarists and the bassist is just so cool. Ive definitly been looking more into them lately, ill post more later once I can actually consider myself a fan.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.11.2007 - 10:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 26.11.2007 at 09:05

Yeah definitly underrated, I hate to sound cliche but the music video for 'Balls To the Wall' is my favorite video of all time, the way its choreogrpahed with the guitarists and the bassist is just so cool. Ive definitly been looking more into them lately, ill post more later once I can actually consider myself a fan.

Other Vids are good and UDO solo too specely 'Thay Want War'
----

apos;'
[image]
27.11.2007 - 14:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Didn't they start the whole camo thing?
27.11.2007 - 17:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
what is camo?
----

apos;'
[image]
27.11.2007 - 19:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 26.11.2007 at 09:05

haha!! the video is soo awesome and cheesy, it's like it screams "80's FTW!!!!" the only moment i've seen such awesome stage movement is the final moments in maiden's rock in rio DVD, where everyone is running around the stage and whatnot

oh and thanks for posting that in the other thread, you made me check them out and discover a fantastic band
28.11.2007 - 22:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.11.2007 at 14:46

Didn't they start the whole camo thing?

Do you mean the whole thing with some metalheads wearing camouflage attire? If so then I'm pretty sure that they did...
28.11.2007 - 23:18
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.11.2007 at 17:39

what is camo?

camoflauge.

@KapN'Corrupt: yes
29.11.2007 - 08:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 23:18

Written by Bad English on 27.11.2007 at 17:39

what is camo?

camoflauge.

what the hell is comaflauge?
You probably mean "camouflage"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2007 - 08:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Great band though, the fifth band I ever saw live.
That was when they headlined the Aardschokdag Festival in 1983, hitting the stage after Mercyful Fate, Trance, Vandenberg, and Raven
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2007 - 14:23
losttrack
Account deleted
Never listen to UDO but Accept is great, and Russian Roulette is the best for me.
29.11.2007 - 15:01
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Marcel H.: wow, are you serious lol
13.01.2008 - 14:13
Son of Odin
This is a band I have been listening to since they released Balls to the wall - a true classic heavy metal band in my opinion.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
13.01.2008 - 16:53
GRIGAL
Account deleted
Great and hugely influential band. In the early 1980's Accept were playing Thrashy songs before the term 'Thrash Metal' was even coined. For anyone unfamiliar with this band, I suggest checking out "Breaker", "Balls To The Wall" but most of all "Restless And Wild". Classics!! For the curious I suggest checking out the duet Udo Dirkschneider (Accept vocalist) did with Doro Pesch of the Judas Priest cover 'Breaking The Law'.
20.06.2009 - 12:31
DayFly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2007 at 08:49

That was when they headlined the Aardschokdag Festival in 1983, hitting the stage after Mercyful Fate, Trance, Vandenberg, and Raven

Not too often you find someone from outside of Germany who knows about Trance(mission).
20.06.2009 - 12:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DayFly on 20.06.2009 at 12:31

Not too often you find someone from outside of Germany who knows about Trance(mission).

They were quite big in Holland at the time
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.06.2009 - 12:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DayFly on 20.06.2009 at 12:31

I know Trance, I know fiew songs + albums whats on vibrationsofdoom
----

apos;'
[image]
26.10.2009 - 07:27
Kratos
Great band Restless and Wild is my favorite album by them. Hope they make some more albums in the future.
01.11.2009 - 13:53
DayFly
Written by Kratos on 26.10.2009 at 07:27

Great band Restless and Wild is my favorite album by them. Hope they make some more albums in the future.

You really do? I think it's better to leave a band's legacy in peace.
02.11.2009 - 01:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kratos on 26.10.2009 at 07:27

Good album indeed, but band ant made such albums sinec Udo Dirchsneider left the band and ccept maggic was Udo's vocals, so even Accept is in studio, recording new songs but vocalist is deiefernt and it makes band totaly diferent
----

apos;'
[image]
02.11.2009 - 08:18
wormdrink414
Elite
One of the many bands Brutal Legend introduced me to.
03.11.2009 - 12:34
Hellish Star

Accept underrated? They were very hot in the eighties and belonged in the same row as Maiden, Priest, Scorpions,...

Their albums "Restless and wild" and "Balls to the wall" are classics in the Metal history.

At the end of the eighties their career went backwards....

"Restless and wild" might even be considered, especially because of "Fast as a shark", as very influencal for speed/thrash Metal.
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
03.11.2009 - 12:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hellish Star on 03.11.2009 at 12:34

Accept underrated? They were very hot in the eighties and belonged in the same row as Maiden, Priest, Scorpions,...

Their albums "Restless and wild" and "Balls to the wall" are classics in the Metal history.

At the end of the eighties their career went backwards....

"Restless and wild" might even be considered, especially because of "Fast as a shark", as very influencal for speed/thrash Metal.

well yeah they were big in the 80s but i believe they are pretty underrated right now. if not, then explain to me why no-one made a thread for them and it gathered so few posts in 2 years
03.11.2009 - 13:32
Hellish Star
Written by Valentin B on 03.11.2009 at 12:53

well yeah they were big in the 80s but i believe they are pretty underrated right now. if not, then explain to me why no-one made a thread for them and it gathered so few posts in 2 years

What did they release the last years?
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
03.11.2009 - 13:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Err.. a best of?
05.11.2009 - 04:17
Tormentor666
Good band, albums such as "Restless and Wild" or "Balls to the Wall" are part of the metal history.

By the way, I think nobody mentioned anything about their recent reunion on this topic. What do you think about that? Because they are recording a new album right now with another singer, Mark Tornillo I think it's his name, got really disappointed when I first read about Accept's reunion without Udo. But okay, I'll give it a chance, they're still Accept anyway...
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13.03.2010 - 13:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Have you people listened to the new guy? i think he's a good enough replacement given that Udo will never join Accept again though it wouldn't truly be Accept without Udo imo.

Accept should always be:
Udo Dirkschneider
Wolf Hofmann
Hermann Frank
Peter Baltes
Stefan Kaufmann

first 3 members being pretty much irreplaceable, especially Wolf.
14.03.2010 - 13:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 13.03.2010 at 13:17

Have you people listened to the new guy? i think he's a good enough replacement given that Udo will never join Accept again though it wouldn't truly be Accept without Udo imo.

Accept should always be:
Udo Dirkschneider
Wolf Hofmann
Hermann Frank
Peter Baltes
Stefan Kaufmann

first 3 members being pretty much irreplaceable, especially Wolf.

I agree man, whit out then band sounds like joke, realy its joke, because there non who can replace Udo, his vocals is unique
----

apos;'
[image]