Metal Storm logo
Would You Accept 1 Million Dollars To Give Up Love?

Original post

Posted by Oracle, 26.11.2007 - 06:03
I was reading a magazine while waiting for lunch today, and this question arose, with results saying 57% said yes and 43% no. I mean usually we would see people saying no, as most regard love as one of the most important factors of life, but these results were pretty close, meaning, there are obviously alot of people out there who will speak their mind and take the cash.

Really, there is not right or wrong answer yes? I mean it depends entirely on the individual, love might not mean alot to them, or they havent felt it as much as others, and a million dollars could be far more beneficial to them, there are alot of factors that vary.

I would just like to see how close the results are here.

EDIT: I meant the love between two partners, not the love of family, pets or other objects.

Poll

Would you accept $1M to give up love?

No
Yes

Total votes: 232
11.07.2009 - 20:27
Janne
Hugin
It depends on how rich I am
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.07.2009 - 19:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Janne on 11.07.2009 at 20:27

Like all students, who get cash from parents :p
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.07.2009 - 04:31
Janne
Hugin
Written by Bad English on 15.07.2009 at 19:52

Written by Janne on 11.07.2009 at 20:27

Like all students, who get cash from parents :p

I had no money tonight so i was starving and thisrting during the whole night but it was best time i spent with my girlie
now i would say: "NOOOOOOOOOO, NEVER!!!!!"
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.07.2009 - 21:28
Firebringer
Fallen Angel
Where do I sing?
----
It's Better To Reign In Hell Than Serve In Heaven
17.09.2009 - 05:27
flickaa
I would totally give up love for money its soo overated.... these days its tough to get a good love catch anyways... money can be more useful nowadays...
17.09.2009 - 15:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by flickaa on 17.09.2009 at 05:27

I would totally give up love for money its soo overated.... these days its tough to get a good love catch anyways... money can be more useful nowadays...

Well Im thinking about it, Im not money, I dont care many thinks here isnt for selling, if someone give me 10 millions if I cut hair I say no, but love well I would think about it, because then I can live free whit no wories all life long hehehe im not stupid like Boris Becker who spend all in one month to chicks n fast cars
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 16:23
flickaa
Of course not XD thats y u spend on them with cheap little gifts u keep them happy ... besides why would u date such a materialistic person... its like buying love for them.
17.09.2009 - 16:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by flickaa on 17.09.2009 at 16:23

Of course not XD thats y u spend on them with cheap little gifts u keep them happy ... besides why would u date such a materialistic person... its like buying love for them.

Well you know some people simply cant give up something like bakers patch and 1% outlaw bad ass status means more how others for them, same me simply love isnt so useless nowdays , we have internet , but maybe when I feel real one mayeb I change my mind, but now I need money and cash to so
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 16:55
flickaa
XD ME TOO thats what i need more than anything atm money!!
17.09.2009 - 17:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by flickaa on 17.09.2009 at 16:55

XD ME TOO thats what i need more than anything atm money!!

Yes me to, If I can rest all life whit out wories about job, well if people has cash he's supocius, weird whyle you're poor you cant get girls, when you have million they surounds you and say cute thinks
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 18:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It is not love, if you would sell it out
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.09.2009 - 18:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 17.09.2009 at 18:04

Well some time ago I sad no, I could but now I say yes because its hard survive whit no job , place etc, 1 million can give you no wories all life long and I never had belive din love neve rhave fielded it maybe some 2 times , simply image there 102 mushrooms in the forest and you need pic up 2, me n grils well I be thet one iof 2 who wont be picked up
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 18:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 17.09.2009 at 18:04

Well some time ago I sad no, I could but now I say yes because its hard survive whit no job , place etc, 1 million can give you no wories all life long and I never had belive din love neve rhave fielded it maybe some 2 times , simply image there 102 mushrooms in the forest and you need pic up 2, me n grils well I be thet one iof 2 who wont be picked up
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2009 - 18:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nope, man...if you really love, you would never do so, you would rather live in sewer...if you rather accept 1 million, it means there was no deep relation between you and your partner

i havent really loved yet, but i guess i am pretty sure about this
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.09.2009 - 19:37
flickaa
Well how about XD if u havent had a "true love experience" y would u want to give up money for love.?.. we all havent had the same love experiences might as well stick with what u like to do and what u want to do and put off love for later.
17.09.2009 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well Its comfused sayimng give or nit give, from my side if I love trooly love IO do all what its neceserly thet she felt thet love , fealt warm inside and feel loved, but well some cases love is like ''fake'' being together because of baby, standarts to be , dunno love is complicated, and well just now I would give up all, because betetr give up whyle no real love
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2009 - 10:36
FOOCK Nam
At this moment, this period, I say: NO, never.
27.09.2009 - 10:47
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 17.09.2009 at 20:16

Well Its comfused sayimng give or nit give, from my side if I love trooly love IO do all what its neceserly thet she felt thet love , fealt warm inside and feel loved, but well some cases love is like ''fake'' being together because of baby, standarts to be , dunno love is complicated, and well just now I would give up all, because betetr give up whyle no real love

Dude, you love her, but the motherfucking standard: baby, family, children, happiness still interfere you an your mind. When you really love her, or at least like me, you will never care those stupid absurdus culture, NOW I want to say to you 2 points: you love her, no matter what the society standard is, if you & her, no baby, you still LOVE her, if you and her, no rich, you still LOVE her, etc, what I mean is if she follows the Society culture, if you really Love her, you would accept that, but read CAREFULLY, other point is you love HER and still Fuck that society criteria, you know what I am saying, that means you do not fear of the kind of standard while loving her.
27.09.2009 - 10:49
FOOCK Nam
Damn, even 1 cent & my Love (even I still do not reach it), I choose my LOVE.
27.09.2009 - 11:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.09.2009 at 10:49

Im not ln love and more I live more I understanjd any kind realationships is dengerous since you cant trust to nobody and people changed it can be shit when you reach 50
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2009 - 11:30
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2009 at 11:08

Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.09.2009 at 10:49

Im not ln love and more I live more I understanjd any kind realationships is dengerous since you cant trust to nobody and people changed it can be shit when you reach 50

Dude, firstly, you will never know if when your 50, your partner will change, maybe when your 50 you can find a new LOVE, we will never know about the fucking beautiful future. If you want it is not dangerous, in case you have your ONE already, then try to make them that they will never CHANGE when your 50, you have at least a lot of times for doing that. Or worstly, force them to never BETRAY us by both steel and OURSELVES.
27.09.2009 - 13:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know it but still I dont care if I can get cash I would do it now, simnply work makes mne sich, anye asy getted money is good but I never would cut my hair for money never, and nowdays love cant exist IMO, its how to say people are to bussy whit carear n work and how can I know she wound sold me ?
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2009 - 18:23
FOOCK Nam
Man, I understand what your mean about money desire you need or want. It is acceptable. But to the point if ppl are busy by career and you FEAR your One would BETRAY or Selling you cheap, it is reasonable. But if you LOVE someone, you ably UNDERSTAND that One, and because you Understand you will know how to drive HER never selling cheap you or when you understand Her, you will know exactly if she can leave you in the future. And the Understanding is in long time even by Your LIFE.

Sorry for off topic, if you want talk more about it, PM me.
27.09.2009 - 18:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 27.09.2009 at 18:23

Man, I understand what your mean about money desire you need or want. It is acceptable. But to the point if ppl are busy by career and you FEAR your One would BETRAY or Selling you cheap, it is reasonable. But if you LOVE someone, you ably UNDERSTAND that One, and because you Understand you will know how to drive HER never selling cheap you or when you understand Her, you will know exactly if she can leave you in the future. And the Understanding is in long time even by Your LIFE.

Sorry for off topic, if you want talk more about it, PM me.

Havent been in love and when I was I was fucked up, so specely secend time, so I like be alone, be single , its liek beeing a nomad, so ultiumat sacrifiece, and love since I dont belive in love I can sold it
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2009 - 20:14
tulkas
el parcero
This just also shows that it all depends on one condition. Just like DarkLOVEsuicide, when I was in love I never would've traded it for money, ever! But then I found that it was all a lie, and things just went down the drain like they had been nothing. So, I do support Bad English now, though deep down I know there's a part of me that wants that to change again. But still, right now, I know getting a lot of money, say that million dollars, would make me happier.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.09.2009 - 20:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 27.09.2009 at 20:14

This just also shows that it all depends on one condition. Just like DarkLOVEsuicide, when I was in love I never would've traded it for money, ever! But then I found that it was all a lie, and things just went down the drain like they had been nothing. So, I do support Bad English now, though deep down I know there's a part of me that wants that to change again. But still, right now, I know getting a lot of money, say that million dollars, would make me happier.

It wont make you it make sillisuion youre happy , bets lovers is poor people how rich one, because if you have money you dont know why girl wanst be whit you , money or realy love? Besides your personality changes, you changing and sloly ''diening'' 1mmilion solve dmy finacal problesms for live, if I have it I still wold use MS like now, wont go out like I do now, even if I go I be more suspiciuss about all,
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2009 - 20:38
tulkas
el parcero
Yeh, that's a huge point. If you're rich, you'll never really know if your woman is with you because she really does love you, or because she just loves your money. It sucks, 'cause I think it's more likely that she loves your money over you. And it's true, money does change people, I know I'd be different if I were rich, though if I won all that money now, and became richer and richer, even if I indeed changed a lot about me, my "essence" would still be the same. I actually would only change the material stuff in my life. Get my own place, buy cars and travel the world.
----
27.09.2009 - 20:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by tulkas on 27.09.2009 at 20:38

Yeh, that's a huge point. If you're rich, you'll never really know if your woman is with you because she really does love you, or because she just loves your money. It sucks, 'cause I think it's more likely that she loves your money over you. And it's true, money does change people, I know I'd be different if I were rich, though if I won all that money now, and became richer and richer, even if I indeed changed a lot about me, my "essence" would still be the same. I actually would only change the material stuff in my life. Get my own place, buy cars and travel the world.

Yes its true I dont know how to say but its sucks thets seems been all the ways and women be werry geliuss to other women for men, we men are same but diferent, we can beet face or kick ass they can make tricky tricks
Well yes it change but I dunno I can bla bla whyle Im poor, but look at all musicans how they look n talk when are rebelions , how they talk abouter selling huge album numbers
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2009 - 20:52
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2009 at 20:46

Yes its true I dont know how to say but its sucks thets seems been all the ways and women be werry geliuss to other women for men, we men are same but diferent, we can beet face or kick ass they can make tricky tricks
Well yes it change but I dunno I can bla bla whyle Im poor, but look at all musicans how they look n talk when are rebelions , how they talk abouter selling huge album numbers

Come on, woman can fight as well, and when that happens it's great. Nothing like watching two chicks fighting But yeah, they're mostly tricky bitches (sorry girls, but you know it is true).
But in musicians and celebrities I guess the most part is because fame gets into their heads like a plague. That's why I want to be rich, but not famous.
----
27.09.2009 - 22:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well yes they can but nothing can be better see how enemy women suffers from her, like sweet kiss in public, dirty pics etc and well if chicks fight you cant defend your GF, if some asshole attacks her in bar, use ''kill light'' or flashlight to knock him cold, but girls vs girl,w aht will you do knock her out to? ehhh
man girls n guys be ready eat shit or suck dog dick to be together whit celeberty belive me many people do stupid thinks because of money
----

apos;'
[image]