Metal Storm logo
Would You Accept 1 Million Dollars To Give Up Love?

Original post

Posted by Oracle, 26.11.2007 - 06:03
I was reading a magazine while waiting for lunch today, and this question arose, with results saying 57% said yes and 43% no. I mean usually we would see people saying no, as most regard love as one of the most important factors of life, but these results were pretty close, meaning, there are obviously alot of people out there who will speak their mind and take the cash.

Really, there is not right or wrong answer yes? I mean it depends entirely on the individual, love might not mean alot to them, or they havent felt it as much as others, and a million dollars could be far more beneficial to them, there are alot of factors that vary.

I would just like to see how close the results are here.

EDIT: I meant the love between two partners, not the love of family, pets or other objects.

Poll

Would you accept $1M to give up love?

No
Yes

Total votes: 232
22.11.2010 - 16:55
Luneth
Account deleted
I would.

In harsh economic times, having my money is important, plus 'love' [whatever that is] can be bought

Look at footballers, they can have any woman they want, I wonder why...
22.11.2010 - 21:28
JAGEagent

No. If I had a million 'spare' and I had a lovely lady who I was in love with then I'll keep the woman.
24.11.2010 - 15:02
Yavanna

As long as I don't believe in love, well, I would accept a million dollars.
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
25.11.2010 - 10:12
Gurth Bennas

I'll accept the money and when everything is normal I'll run away with my love to another country and begin a great life with my love and those 1 million dollars!!!!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
25.11.2010 - 14:12
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Three years ago i would maybe say yes! but not now
26.11.2010 - 01:51
Kennoth

I don't know. Maybe I'm hopeless romantic, but I hope there's a true love out there, that doesn't fade in time. For that kind of love, I wouldn't accept.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
26.11.2010 - 09:17
Alena

I don't need such a lot of money, besides, it's impossible to "earn" love.
26.11.2010 - 12:08
Vunts

Written by Guest on 22.11.2010 at 16:55

Look at footballers, they can have any woman they want, I wonder why...

Ah, you're talking about prostitutes. Women who do stuff for money

As for the subject itself, I'd rather have love than money. I haven't had a million dollars and I've not noticed anything wrong with that. I've had love, lost it and it sucked, so I'd rather not lose it again.
12.12.2010 - 20:10
Netherlander
Account deleted
Money is only as stable as the economy, it amounts to toilet paper if the economy has a serious collapse. Proper love is only stopped by death.

Apart from that, a million dollars is not that much money anymore. Converting it to euro's will leave me with only 800.000 euro's and with that i can barely get a big house here with a proper car. I can't even quit my job and shit like that.
13.12.2010 - 13:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have quasten to you all
do you accept 1mil or whatever money youw ant but you shood give up sex for rest of your life? all money what you want, but no sex till die
you would say yes or no?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.12.2010 - 15:04
FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 13.12.2010 at 13:41

do you accept 1mil or whatever money youw ant but you shood give up sex for rest of your life? all money what you want, but no sex till die
you would say yes or no?

Too smart question . I dont know to answer. But from your view I think: money< sex< love
13.12.2010 - 15:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its hard quasten man, techiqly we can live whit out sex rest of life but we cant live whit out money to pay a bills, rent etc, so I think I would accept it, seince sex it dont hepen so offen how I would like, but still life can be werry big mess after you accept offer, you start live luxary and parties, girls, its be so hard resist to women, in that case probobly I would go deeper underworld , where nature and say no to any parties and hope to die asap, but its like crossroads wherever you may go you will go sowemehere, same here
----

apos;'
[image]
13.12.2010 - 15:26
FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 13.12.2010 at 15:12

Its hard quasten man, techiqly we can live whit out sex rest of life but we cant live whit out money to pay a bills, rent etc, so I think I would accept it, seince sex it dont hepen so offen how I would like, but still life can be werry big mess after you accept offer, you start live luxary and parties, girls, its be so hard resist to women, in that case probobly I would go deeper underworld , where nature and say no to any parties and hope to die asap, but its like crossroads wherever you may go you will go sowemehere, same here

yeah you right, either way there will be a mess after...
14.12.2010 - 12:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious

you would say yes or no?

Hey. Ive been doing that my whole life for no money lol Where do I sign up?
14.12.2010 - 12:31
JD
Account deleted
If it's a real love "from both sides" I would say, No.
14.12.2010 - 12:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.12.2010 at 12:18

you would say yes or no?

Hey. Ive been doing that my whole life for no money lol Where do I sign up?

I wish it could be true, but unfortunatyly it sint and saying no you save money 10 pounds 100 pounds even mor ein bars + codnoms(have no clue how much they cost there), so if you count all money what you saved maybe in end of life there's be a million
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2010 - 00:01
ANGEL REAPER

If i love somebody that means that is what I WANTED to do...Nothing will change a shit about it cause I am very STUBBORN .....
There is also one serbian sentence that is handy for such situations "If you started to eat shit,then finish it!"
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.02.2011 - 13:18
__SpOO__

My vote is 'No'.
----
I was blinded by a paradise.
Utopia high in the sky.
A dream that only drowned me.
Deep in sorrow, wondering why.
Oh come let us adore him.
Abuse and then ignore him...
16.02.2011 - 00:40
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I have been married and dating the same women for 5 years now. I would NOT do it. No need to. Money is not that important. I make enough to keep me and my family happy.
16.02.2011 - 03:56
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I find the concept of love to be quite stupid. Of course I'd give it up for one million dollars.
16.02.2011 - 08:43
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.02.2011 at 03:56

I find the concept of love to be quite stupid. Of course I'd give it up for one million dollars.

Have you ever tried a taste?
06.03.2011 - 21:09
Elodie Artour
Slania
The key arguments to the answer are simple: either you believe in love, or not; either you need the money, or not. I personally may be too idealistic if it comes to love but I'll definitely keep on searching for it as one aspect of the so-called meaning of life. So, simply said: No, I would not accept 1 million dollar to give up love.

No, the question is actually not simple at all. My personal value system consists of love, too. At first, 1 million dollars may seem like a hell of a lot money to most people. However, these bucks could easily be gone by just buying, for example, some house and a car. : (Not to mention most people would not ever think of investing the money into some business.)

If I've got the topic question right, accepting the money gives you no option to experience love afterwards. If things would be that way for me - well, then why the heck would I ever accept? I must be, like, totally broke in order to give up love. For many, such a deal could be a matter of life and death but that's certainly not my case. So, I'd rather have an average month salary than live with that damn 1 million dollars and still feel totally miserable and left alone.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
06.03.2011 - 21:50
Mikyz

I don't really believe in love, mainly because I haven't experienced it yet. Also I'd rather come up with the money myself without having to give up anything, because that would be pathetic and undignified. So no, I'm not that much of a money whore.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
26.04.2012 - 11:20
Fritillaria
Account deleted
I have given up love long time ago, but noone gave me that amount of money !
25.05.2012 - 18:42
YureiYumi
Account deleted
Hehe, i would probably con them into giving me the money, and run away with my man!!
25.05.2012 - 19:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ Hey, no cheating allowed! lol

I would give away 1 million if I had it to experience true love.

I think the fact that I have forever been denied that or even anything close to resembling that, makes me realise very acutely just how precious and valuable true love is. And it's more valuable than any amount of money in the world.
25.05.2012 - 20:07
Edmund Fogg

I wouldn't exchange my girlfriend nor my little girl for any ammount of money. True uncondional love does exist and it's a beautifull thing. When love is reflected in your daily actions, the ways partners still looks at each others even after 50 years of living together... it's something to look up to.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
25.05.2012 - 23:15
wrathchild

I've given up love for video games so of course I'd take the million

But as mentioned in the first post, the question in itself doesn't mean anything since it all depends on the interviewee's experience with "love".

EDIT: Ouch did I really reply to a thread from 2007! Damn nostalgia... let's get back to the Neo Geo instead.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
09.08.2012 - 14:53
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
I would rather have a love of my life for 1 million dollars... and that much amount of money would be a pain in the ass anyways
15.08.2012 - 21:08
Mad Arab666

Depends on how sexy she is......only joking, picked no. Money will come and go but your soul mate will be there for life.
----
Bring up the wolves head!