Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - To Start Mixing New Album; First Track Names Revealed

Swedish Death Metallers Amon Amarth have been in Fascination Street studios in Sweden since May recording their 6th full length album. The recording is all done now though and the band have started the mixing process. Nine tracks have been recorded so far. The album doesn't have a name yet, but three track names have been revealed. These titles are: 'Valhall Awaits Me', 'Hermod's Ride To Hel (Loke's Trechery Part I)' and 'Runes To My Memory'.

Here is a statement from the band on their official website: "Finally after five very long - but productive - weeks all recording is done and today we started mixing the album. Nine tracks have been successfully recorded - no thanks to the huge ammount of alcohol consumed, but none the less successfully". More track titles will be revealed shortly.

In other Amon Amarth news, the band's record company Metal Blade has posted the video clip to Fate Of Norns from the recently released 'Wrath of the Norsemen' DVD online.

Download it here: http://www.metalblade.de/videos/amonamarth/AmonAmarth_FateOfNorns.wmv or just click on the link on Amon Amarth's official website.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 06.06.2006 by Necromancer_S

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 7 users
06.06.2006 - 16:30
Muskot
Account deleted
'Valhall Awaits Me', 'Hermod's Ride To Hel (Loke's Trechery Part I)' and 'Runes To My Memory' sounds like potential concept album songs. Could the theme be (perish the thought) death? Valhall is where battling vikings ended up when they died, Runes To My Memory shouldn't need an explanation and Hel was where people who died from disease or old age ended up.
Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure we can expect a great album.
07.06.2006 - 14:23
danzig111
Account deleted
nice video! i love that song, it's so sad
14.06.2006 - 22:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
The band have posted the following studio report at their official website:

"On Monday (June 12th) we finished the mixing of the new album and the final result is nothing but pure amazing! We can also reveal the album and song titles: With Oden On Our Side - 'Valhall Awaits Me', 'Runes To My Memory', 'Asator', 'Hermod's Ride To Hel - Lokes Treachery Part 1', 'Gods Of War Arise', 'With Oden On Our Side', 'Cry Of The Black Birds', 'Under The Northern Star', 'Prediction Of Warfare'.

We'd like to thank Jens (Brogen) for an awesome job working 10 hours per day or more, enjoy your holiday, we're sure you're going to need it! A big thank you also to Damin, and Skugge, since we know you read this?"

Stay tuned for more information regarding a release date for With Oden On Our Side, coming soon.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.06.2006 - 20:15
Memento Mori
Mr. Nobody
Amon Amarth Is Same Linkin Park And Korn And Papa Roach And Green Day And ANATHEMA
19.06.2006 - 20:15
Memento Mori
Mr. Nobody
Amon Amarth Is Same Linkin Park And Korn And Papa Roach And Green Day And ANATHEMA
19.06.2006 - 21:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Memento Mori on 19.06.2006 at 20:15

Ehmm

Doesn't make any sense at all dude !!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.06.2006 - 21:38
DarkStone

haaaa??? you must be kidding... or you dont know what is Amon Amarth
----
I will die with sword in hand
And then my seat's secured
When Oden calls from golden hall
He will greet me at the door
26.06.2006 - 22:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Lol. Anyway's, a new from Amon Amarth. Nice.

I'll probably enjoy this one.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.07.2006 - 21:19
Fane

Do you even know this band??
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
31.08.2006 - 18:49
deepwithin
Account deleted
ahaaaa!amon ...wawww.i killed them.they r buried in my heart.i ll never let them to go somewhere else.....add this: circle_of_tyrants18@hotmail.com and talk to me ok? we can be metal brothers:banger2:

Hits total: 3584 | This month: 11