Metal Storm logo
Sabaton

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 06.06.2006 - 20:42
I am not sure how many people know Sabaton, but people that went to see Edguy and Dragonforce on their last tour should have seen them open the show.

Sabaton are a traditional heavy/power metal band from Sweden and I think are very good indeed!
On their site, they just have one album listed - 'Primo Victoria' from 2005
but they have recorded other albums that were ignored because they thought they weren't very good or whatever - but there is an album 'Fist For Fight' which is like a compilation of early songs which I think is rather good too.

They are a couple of months away from releasing another album 'Attero Dominatus' which I cant wait to hear.

I hope if there is anyone that doesnt know them reading this - they will listen to a few tracks or something and hopefully get into them.
I think they are going to stick around for a bit - I hope they will anyway.

So tell me what you think of the band and anything else you want to say - news on the new album, anything.
Thanks!
25.05.2012 - 20:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
The best they've done but I knew that already when I first heard about the album. For years I've wanted Sabaton to do something about swedish history, sung in swedish. So here it is. As a future teacher in the history and swedish subjects there's no way I can resist this album. I love swedish history and when it's about Gustav II Adolf and Karl XII it's... just... amazing! My friend who shares my love for all this actually cried when he heard "En livstid i krig".
----
26.05.2012 - 01:46
Mr. Blonde

What do you guys think of their cover of Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God? I'd post up the vid but they keep getting pulled from YT every 5 seconds anyways.
02.06.2012 - 19:27
GT
Coffee!!
I listened to a clip on Amazon earlier today...and to be honest didn't find it to be anything worth mentioning. Might grow on me if I heard the whole song and had the chance to listen to it more than once, but for now it just meh.

Speaking of the new album; In the page for the album here on MS (here) the English version have more then just the cover of Amon Amarth. Any one know where to buy that version? Haven't been able to find it anywhere
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.06.2012 - 01:18
Stabby
Account deleted
It's a good cover. Sounds exactly like a Sabaton song, when I first heard it I thought it was just another Sabaton song for about half of the song.

I agree with the comments about history. This album made me go to wikipedia
19.09.2012 - 23:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
If there ever was a band that's an acquired taste for me, it's Sabaton. I saw them live for the first time this year and it was just a half-hour show. I then got what was so great about this band: dramatic songs (to the point and way beyond the point of cheesiness) but delivered live stunningly, especially this new lineup is quite impressive. I'm also currently listening to "Coat of Arms" (the album) and I'm actually beginning to turn into a big Sabaton fan. They almost remind me of early Hammerfall but with keyboards and a more "epic" sound.
07.01.2019 - 13:30
Starvynth
i c deaf people
I was wondering if you Sabaton fans ever heard of the german band Santiano. They are huge in Germany right now, selling millions of albums. Addressing mainstream audience, they are not playing metal at all but a mellowed and cheesy mix of Irish folk, sea shanty and schlager music. Anyway, if I remember right they played Wacken in the years 2012 + 2014-2016 and are scheduled for W:O:A 2019, so there is some undeniable linkage to the metal world. Besides, I have a strange feeling they are appealing to the Sabaton fanbase and there could already be a significant intersection.

Please note I am not providing any links here on purpose. I am curious but I certainly do not want to unnecessarily spread the plague any further. If you ask me, they suck big time and far beyond any common bearableness.
----
signatures = SPAM
14.03.2019 - 14:12
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Back in 2014, I was attending Wacken festival & had the misfortune of camping next to a massive group of Germans who had constructed their own sound system in their campsite that was big & loud enough to rival what had been set up on the Wacken main stage. They proceeded to utilize this sound system to it's maximum effect by playing the same Sabaton live album on loop at full volume for 4 days (& nights) straight.

I disliked Sabaton before that trip, but I came out of that festival with such an intense hatred for anything to do with them. In fact, I've suffered PTSD (Post-Traumatic Sabaton Disorder) ever since & the slightest hint of hearing Sabaton causes me to break out into a cold sweat.

I'm going to Wacken again this year, wish me luck
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
14.03.2019 - 14:41
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Written by Nefarious on 14.03.2019 at 14:12

I disliked Sabaton before that trip, but I came out of that festival with such an intense hatred for anything to do with them. In fact, I've suffered PTSD (Post-Traumatic Sabaton Disorder) ever since & the slightest hint of hearing Sabaton causes me to break out into a cold sweat.

I'm going to Wacken again this year, wish me luck

I feel with you. Suffering the same PTSD since I saw just one of their videos. Tried to numb the pain with but it didn't work out.
Cheese is stronger than alcohol.
----
signatures = SPAM
23.03.2019 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I hated Sabaton and PM before, (I was influenced) but looking what bands ms users and new kis listen now, djent, math or uber extreme core, moder dm whit out soul, or some slufgy, drony stuff. Then you realise PM is where you can turn to to search something new because many old bands are unknown to me there(was when I started)
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.04.2019 - 09:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.04.2019 - 09:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 03.04.2019 at 09:19

The new album's cover art is awesome

https://www.sabaton.net/sabaton-annouce-new-album-the-great-war/

Its generic even we need Wait tul new album to judge music
----

apos;'
[image]
25.12.2020 - 15:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
SABATON To Begin Recording New Album 'In A Few Days

Some video and music as well

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sabaton-to-begin-recording-new-album-in-a-few-days/
----

apos;'
[image]
06.09.2021 - 14:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Tommy sings "Swedish Pagans" instead of Joakim
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep