Metal Storm logo
Sabaton

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 06.06.2006 - 20:42
I am not sure how many people know Sabaton, but people that went to see Edguy and Dragonforce on their last tour should have seen them open the show.

Sabaton are a traditional heavy/power metal band from Sweden and I think are very good indeed!
On their site, they just have one album listed - 'Primo Victoria' from 2005
but they have recorded other albums that were ignored because they thought they weren't very good or whatever - but there is an album 'Fist For Fight' which is like a compilation of early songs which I think is rather good too.

They are a couple of months away from releasing another album 'Attero Dominatus' which I cant wait to hear.

I hope if there is anyone that doesnt know them reading this - they will listen to a few tracks or something and hopefully get into them.
I think they are going to stick around for a bit - I hope they will anyway.

So tell me what you think of the band and anything else you want to say - news on the new album, anything.
Thanks!
21.07.2006 - 15:11
Basso
Account deleted
I have heard theese guys, they are catchy as hell. A great band indeed. I am generally not a Power / heavy fan but theese guys do enough for me to keep listening to the few songs I have on my computer. Cheers!
22.07.2006 - 01:49
Robstar

Great Band man , this guys are awesome , I got their ''Primo Victoria'', man great album...
My favorite tracks from this album are Reign Of Terror, Wolfpack, Metal Machine...
I am in the extreme metal thing , but these guuys really kick ass!
Stay Metal !
----
Nothing is unreacheable
02.08.2006 - 17:53
Baz Anderson

well i finally got the new album! it came through the psot today
i listened to it streight away. i love the first song, and i really liked a couple of others.. but the album on a whole after one lsiten didnt sound as good as the previous one
i will listen to it some more though - i still love the band. i know the album will grow on me a lot so i am looking forward to listening to it more

also on their site it says there is another album due for release in the first quarter of 2007!!
wow.. haha. they like making albums
03.08.2006 - 03:27
Daru Jericho

Wow, that's fast! I've still only heard a few tracks off the new one so I guess I can't form an opinion. With all these albums coming out, they have to hit the UK again. This time I'll do everything I can not to miss them.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

03.08.2006 - 16:54
Baz Anderson

haha, well it pains me to say - but Sabaton are going back to London at the begining of next year supporting Grave Digger
-another band i will have to miss out seeing again
06.08.2006 - 19:20
Bas
Retired Staff
they´ll come here aswell, supporting Grave Digger and Therion, it´s in february though...
waiting sucks
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
21.08.2006 - 03:06
Baz Anderson

Sabaton are now visible as well!
so same with them as was with Wizard
if you have them in your favorites, you have to save it without them in and then put them back in your favorites for you to show as a fan
22.08.2006 - 16:40
Hellion

these guys are great ! I discovered them with the already classic song "primo victoria". on the latest album my fave is "rise of evil" ! fantastic epic mid tempo !
----
The gods I worship are steel, at the altar of Heavy Metal I kneel !
22.08.2006 - 20:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
These guys popularity grows fast as hell here in Sweden.
----
22.08.2006 - 20:51
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Hellion on 22.08.2006 at 16:40

on the latest album my fave is "rise of evil" ! fantastic epic mid tempo !

seriously? i think that is the worst song they have ever done...
----
22.08.2006 - 23:46
Baz Anderson

i think the new album does have some songs that arent all that brilliant on it unfortunatly but i dont really think any songs are 'bad'

my favorites are definatly 'Attero Dominatus' 'In The Name Of God' and 'Metal Crüe'
23.08.2006 - 04:57
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 03.08.2006 at 16:54

haha, well it pains me to say - but Sabaton are going back to London at the begining of next year supporting Grave Digger
-another band i will have to miss out seeing again

WHAT?! Really?! Is that part of the tour with Therion because I heard that Grave Digger were supporting Therion in January. I'll definitely have to check this out. I'm pretty happy now. Thanks for that
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

23.08.2006 - 08:35
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.08.2006 at 23:46

but i dont really think any songs are 'bad'

i personally think that Rise Of Evil and Angels Are Calling are quite bad, however the rest of the album is very good,

my favourite songs on it are Light In The Black and Attero Dominatus
----
23.08.2006 - 12:20
Baz Anderson

Daru Jericho: if i remember well, it is Grave Digger, Therion and Sabaton. all three..

Bas2: yeh. i am listening to 'Light In The Black' now to job my memory how it goes, and this is another one of the better songs on the album
ill have to give the whole album a go again soon
24.08.2006 - 02:21
jobbo
Account deleted
yeh sabaton are pretty cool
24.08.2006 - 14:54
Hellion

Written by Bas on 22.08.2006 at 20:51

Written by Hellion on 22.08.2006 at 16:40

on the latest album my fave is "rise of evil" ! fantastic epic mid tempo !

seriously? i think that is the worst song they have ever done...

Well these things happen... Im more into mid tempo epic songs anyway. reminds me of the Tony Martin Black Sabbath era...
all in all i dont think faster songs from sabaton are that great. Aterro Dominatus ? dont you think it sounds like the song wishmaster ?
----
The gods I worship are steel, at the altar of Heavy Metal I kneel !
24.08.2006 - 16:16
Baz Anderson

i think it sounds very eurovision like
it would be so cool to se them on next years eurovision song contest. hahaha
31.08.2006 - 18:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Their new album seems okay, would like to hear it.
----
06.09.2006 - 08:49
Yohan

Great band even if i haven't heard that much of them...
Attero Dominatus is an awsam song... (the album too)
----
tombstone.fi
10.10.2006 - 12:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 22.08.2006 at 20:42

haha thay remainds me lil manowar mix whit new age power metal and well some realy good bands in Sweden are unknown?

How popular are Broken Dagger there?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2006 - 15:50
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 12:20

haha thay remainds me lil manowar mix whit new age power metal and well some realy good bands in Sweden are unknown?

Yeah a lot of great swedish bands are unknown and Broken Dagger is without doubt one of them.
----
10.10.2006 - 15:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 10.10.2006 at 15:50

Written by Bad English on 10.10.2006 at 12:20

Yeah a lot of great swedish bands are unknown and Broken Dagger is without doubt one of them.

man I just discovered some bands in this week if you ha sinterests I can send you names and PS I dont wanna say sabbaton is not great but thay arecpopular
hawe you something from Broken Dagger, i had songs from HP(old) and MSpace
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.10.2006 - 16:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
@K7: I'd appreciate that
----
13.10.2006 - 13:33
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Brilliant band, they were great when I saw them live, and their latest album is great, not as good as Primo Victoria though, lacks that oomph primo victoria had.
13.10.2006 - 21:18
Baz Anderson

yes, but at least its still good
it shows that they can do good stuff after that album
and there is another album in the works as well, so they obviously like making and writing stuff
that just means more Sabaton for us! haha
i hope they keep the good quality up though, i wouldnt want them to spit out loads of albums if they quality really went down
13.10.2006 - 21:33
Bas
Retired Staff
tbh honest i think that´s what happened with Attero Dominatus, there are some very good songs on it, but i think there are also a few which could be much better if they had taken some more time for the writing process, they just sound like they arent fully worked out, also a few songs made the impression to me that they are only there as fillers, not a bad album, but could be much better, i think they just wanted to release a new album as fast as possible with their newly gained popularity
----
13.10.2006 - 21:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Which is far from illogical.. but still a shame.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.10.2006 - 15:05
Baz Anderson

and what they are probably doing again by producing another album almost streight away
maybe they wrote loads and loads of stuff in one go or something and they are making three or so albums out of it all..
i dont have a problem with them being popular unless its to a stupid level of a bunch teenage fans following. hahaha
i guess we'll just have to wait and see what the new album will be like..
17.01.2007 - 11:33
Larsson!
Account deleted
great band! really good live as well! I were at their gig for a month ago in Göteborg, really good!
Attero Dominatus is a really good cd, dont think that there is one bad song on it actually!
17.01.2007 - 14:42
Baz Anderson

they are just doing one date here on the tour and that is in London and for support with Grave Digger and Therion..
i am not too big on them other bands and London takes a lot of effort to get to - so unfortunately it looks like i still wont be seeing them again for some time - until they come and do some more shows in the England where i can get to easier