Metal Storm logo
God Dethroned - Last Minute At Arnhem Metal Meeting

God Dethroned guitarist Isaac Delahaye has issued the following statement yesterday (30 Nov.) on the band's website:

"Has been some time since there has been an update on our website, cause we've been doing a lot of "behind the scene" things. So no panic, we're still here and we'll start writing new songs for our upcoming album soon.
Anyway, today we were asked to substitute one of the bands on the Arnhem Metal Meeting bill... which means we're playing TOMORROW already! A very last minute concert, but seen the great organisation and the good response we had on previous editions, we just couldn't refuse this offer. The festival is already sold out, so we hope all our fans in our home country already bought their ticket.
Hope to see all of you crazy fucks in front of the stage! We'll definitely rock out, as it has been some time since we've been playing Holland."

God Dethroned are stepping in at the very last minute as Satyricon were forced to cancell their appearance at the festival. More about that here.

Source: goddethroned.com
Band profile: God Dethroned
Event: Arnhem Metal Meeting
Posted: 01.12.2007 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 1 user
01.12.2007 - 18:30
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
This was really last minute, probably the band did not have any time to rehearse or prepare for this, I guess they'll just preform the same setlist of their previous tour, I'm looking forward for news of this performance
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.12.2007 - 18:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Why do they refer to the Netherlands as Holland, while they are Dutch? They should know better.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.12.2007 - 19:10
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
Written by Lucas on 01.12.2007 at 18:53

Why do they refer to the Netherlands as Holland, while they are Dutch? They should know better.

When I saw them live some years ago, they did refer to it as Holland, as in "It is illegal to stage dive in Holland", when people asked the singer to stage dive.

So what's the difference between the two names? I thought you can use either or?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.12.2007 - 19:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Bararey on 01.12.2007 at 19:10

When I saw them live some years ago, they did refer to it as Holland, as in "It is illegal to stage dive in Holland", when people asked the singer to stage dive.

So what's the difference between the two names? I thought you can use either or?

No, not correct. Holland comes from the golden age I think, when the main province of the Netherlands was called Holland. Now, they are split up into North and South Holland, and are but 2 of the 12 provinces. The Netherlands is the name of my country.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.12.2007 - 17:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Bararey on 01.12.2007 at 19:10

That's weird they said that cause it generally is ALLOWED to stage dive, just depends on the venue or festival. At Arnhem metal meeting there were quite a few stagedivers.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.12.2007 - 19:17
Bararey
Winter is Coming
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.12.2007 at 17:06

That's weird they said that cause it generally is ALLOWED to stage dive, just depends on the venue or festival. At Arnhem metal meeting there were quite a few stagedivers.

I'm pretty sure he said that, because once he said it, people went like "aaah" and I looked at the people up front, and they were seriously a bunch of scrawny teenagers (14-16), and I started laughing when i imagined Henri stage diving and squashing those kids
He's too big of a person for those kids to hold
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
14.12.2007 - 10:16
Grimurc
They don't like to be Dutch, so am i
----
Still drinking,-

Hits total: 2705 | This month: 5