Metal Storm logo
Quiet Riot

04.12.2007 - 23:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am reading the sad news about Kevin DuBrow's death and see, that this band still dont have even its own topic

80-ties were great era and Quiet Riot are great too

and according to me Cum On Feel The Noize is the very best song of GTA: Vice City soundtrack (though "mega-songs" like 2 Minutes To Midnight or Bark At The Moon are included too)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.12.2007 - 23:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them and like them, duno 90ties stuff but I had hear 80tie stuff and its good for hat time MTV type hard rock, great band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2007 - 11:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Cum On Feel The Noize - you can just feel the atmosphere of all 80-ties in this song (though the original Slade's version is already from 1973, but not so good imo, Quiet Riot covered it much much better)...and it was great atmosphere...now we are laughing about movies or the visage of people from that era, but what "better" we have now? :?

thats why i love this song
----

05.12.2007 - 14:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 05.12.2007 at 11:50

Cum On Feel The Noize - you can just feel the atmosphere of all 80-ties in this song (though the original Slade's version is already from 1973, but not so good imo, Quiet Riot covered it much much better)...and it was great atmosphere...now we are laughing about movies or the visage of people from that era, but what "better" we have now? :?

thats why i love this song

I agree and Slade wa sgood too, I had seen them live and it was fun
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2007 - 02:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Quiet Riot recorded some pretty fun music...I've heard a lot of their music but the only thing that comes to mind at this moment that cover song...
08.12.2007 - 01:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 06.12.2007 at 02:08

Quiet Riot recorded some pretty fun music...I've heard a lot of their music but the only thing that comes to mind at this moment that cover song...

Yeah its a real shame that thats there greatest hit, and its a cover. Metal Health is definitly there best song, I actually had tickets to go to a QR show, but Mr Dubrow how to go off himself.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.12.2007 - 19:30
Ellie
Account deleted
Im so surprised more people havent written..I mean they were the first metal band to make it to #1! Have a little respect, folks!
08.12.2007 - 21:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hell yeah! shame on you
----

10.12.2007 - 14:24
Ferio
Account deleted
WHAT? Kevin DuBrow is dead? Fuck...
I'm trying to get ahold of some of their recordings, but it isn't easy in Poland. But I just loved the guy who sang in "We're Stars", and from what I know, that was Kevin...
11.12.2007 - 07:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
So I found out Kevins death was of an accidental cocaine overdose, more here:
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news07/1210dub.shtml
----
- George Carlin
16.01.2008 - 09:43
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.12.2007 at 19:30

Im so surprised more people havent written..I mean they were the first metal band to make it to #1! Have a little respect, folks!

yes, but they weren't a very good one, also album charts mean nothing to metal heads
16.01.2008 - 10:32
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 09:43

yes, but they weren't a very good one, also album charts mean nothing to metal heads

I know..but come on..its still such a pity that no one on here seems to really care. Charts or no charts..Quiet Riot was influential and inspired a ton of bands.
16.01.2008 - 20:55
Lord TJ
I have a Quiet Riot album and know a bit about the band, but I hear a poor amount of good things when it comes to this band, from TV to peoples discussions. It doesn't seem to be all that popular.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
17.01.2008 - 08:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Lord TJ on 16.01.2008 at 20:55

I have a Quiet Riot album and know a bit about the band, but I hear a poor amount of good things when it comes to this band, from TV to peoples discussions. It doesn't seem to be all that popular.

Thats because after Metal Health, there mainstream success dropped, therefore they were seen as a one-hit-wonder, and everyone seems to love bashing one hit wonders.
----
- George Carlin
15.02.2008 - 19:11
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.01.2008 at 10:32

I know..but come on..its still such a pity that no one on here seems to really care. Charts or no charts..Quiet Riot was influential and inspired a ton of bands.

to be completely honest, i think the answer is obvious why people don't seem to care
15.02.2008 - 23:27
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.02.2008 at 19:11

to be completely honest, i think the answer is obvious why people don't seem to care

Okay..youre pretty much right anyways..I kind of forgot about this subject anyways.
16.02.2008 - 07:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 15.02.2008 at 23:27

Okay..youre pretty much right anyways..I kind of forgot about this subject anyways.

Actually, I dont find it so obvious why people dont care, in fact, I have no idea.....whats so bad about the band anyways?
----
- George Carlin
18.02.2008 - 05:43
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 16.02.2008 at 07:50

Actually, I dont find it so obvious why people dont care, in fact, I have no idea.....whats so bad about the band anyways?

I cant really answer..I feel similar to you..I just didnt want to argue with anyone.
18.02.2008 - 09:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 18.02.2008 at 05:43

I cant really answer..I feel similar to you..I just didnt want to argue with anyone.

Meh, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the most hated people on MS because of that reason. But its not like QR were overly cheesey, and they werent talentless (c'mon, they had Randy Rhoads in the band at one time for christ sakes).
----
- George Carlin
19.02.2008 - 01:38
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 18.02.2008 at 09:21

Written by Guest on 18.02.2008 at 05:43

Meh, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the most hated people on MS because of that reason. But its not like QR were overly cheesey, and they werent talentless (c'mon, they had Randy Rhoads in the band at one time for christ sakes).

Ya man..youre right. I honestly have no idea what to say! All I know..is that I really think its a pity no one on here cared
22.02.2008 - 19:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hey you two - it is really necessary to create such a growing quote chains again and again
----

23.02.2008 - 08:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Ellrohir on 22.02.2008 at 19:10

hey you two - it is really necessary to create such a growing quote chains again and again

Yes it is, I'm a pretty big fan of the quoting. Especially so you don't end up repeating yourself and having to scroll all the way up to see what you've already said. That and it was such a great discussion about a great band I couldn't help myself.
----
- George Carlin
23.02.2008 - 08:29
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Holy shit! Kevin DuBrow is dead?! I didn't even know that untill I read the opening post.

These guys withold some fond childhood memories for me, I remember jamming out to all of metal health. This is one of the few glam bands I can really say I like.

anyway, RIP kevin.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
10.03.2008 - 22:06
MaidenVarius
Account deleted

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you don't find it obvious! Also I found it extremely hilarious when you said they werent completely talentless and then mention a member who was hardly there to begin with! That didn't help your cause there buddy! To further explain my reasoning, this band did nothing but try to live on their past, and previous successes. They covered a slade song and it happened to be popular, and what did they do next? well they did another crappy cover of a slade song? Why did they do that? Well they did that to make more money. Once Randy became famous the band attempted to cash in on him, hardly something to admire. The band was never that good, and thank you for reminding us of that.
10.03.2008 - 22:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 10.03.2008 at 22:06

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you don't find it obvious! Also I found it extremely hilarious when you said they werent completely talentless and then mention a member who was hardly there to begin with! That didn't help your cause there buddy! To further explain my reasoning, this band did nothing but try to live on their past, and previous successes. They covered a slade song and it happened to be popular, and what did they do next? well they did another crappy cover of a slade song? Why did they do that? Well they did that to make more money. Once Randy became famous the band attempted to cash in on him, hardly something to admire. The band was never that good, and thank you for reminding us of that.

Your basing your arguments completely on commercial success, which is far more hilarious. For one, Kevin was a great vocalist. 2 albums featured Randy Rhoads, Rudy Sarzo was in the band, great bassist, Frankie Banali who's also played with WASP and Billy Idol is a great drummer, Alex Grossi whose greatest work IMO is with Beautiful Creatures (also formerly part of Bang Tango) was a very good guitarist. Sean McNabb whose now with Great White (doing a lot of Zep covers) . Tony Franklin an incredible bassist (insane fretwork) whose played with everyone from David Gilmour to Marty Friedman to Jimmy Page. Just to name a few of the great artists who have worked with Quiet Riot. Your judging them almost entirely on there Slade cover, just like every other 12 year old VH1 addict. Anyone whose actually listened to them knows that there other songs are very underrated and knows the skill they actually had. Sure they didn't have 100% technically out-of-this-world guitarists, but it doesn't mean they weren't great. Seriously, you really oughta look into this stuff before trying to state such an absurd statement.
----
- George Carlin
29.04.2008 - 08:05
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 10.03.2008 at 22:57

Your basing your arguments completely on commercial success, which is far more hilarious. For one, Kevin was a great vocalist. 2 albums featured Randy Rhoads, Rudy Sarzo was in the band, great bassist, Frankie Banali who's also played with WASP and Billy Idol is a great drummer, Alex Grossi whose greatest work IMO is with Beautiful Creatures (also formerly part of Bang Tango) was a very good guitarist. Sean McNabb whose now with Great White (doing a lot of Zep covers) . Tony Franklin an incredible bassist (insane fretwork) whose played with everyone from David Gilmour to Marty Friedman to Jimmy Page. Just to name a few of the great artists who have worked with Quiet Riot. Your judging them almost entirely on there Slade cover, just like every other 12 year old VH1 addict. Anyone whose actually listened to them knows that there other songs are very underrated and knows the skill they actually had. Sure they didn't have 100% technically out-of-this-world guitarists, but it doesn't mean they weren't great. Seriously, you really oughta look into this stuff before trying to state such an absurd statement.

One of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen, from a man with 3000 posts no less. Seriously man you talk about looking into stuff before stating something so absurd. Perhaps a lesson from your own book of rules is in dire need. The comments I made were based off of some other person's comments who happened to use your so called "Vh1" related comments. Absolutely hilarious man, I can't even believe one would walk into an argument so blindly. For your information, I have heard the first few quiet riot cds, and it all is awful as hell. Oh no they worked with those artists dear me,and they are credible! By who? Your standards? Sure David Gilmour and Marty Friedman are great but I'm sure someone such as yourself knows the vast amount of other artists they worked with. I don't mean to insult you but your comment was so ungodly biased it was hard to even take seriously. Perhaps you should read as to why I made my comments instead of just blindly walking into some argument. But what do I know im just some arrogant 12 year old kid...
29.04.2008 - 22:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:05

One of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen, from a man with 3000 posts no less. Seriously man you talk about looking into stuff before stating something so absurd. Perhaps a lesson from your own book of rules is in dire need. The comments I made were based off of some other person's comments who happened to use your so called "Vh1" related comments. Absolutely hilarious man, I can't even believe one would walk into an argument so blindly. For your information, I have heard the first few quiet riot cds, and it all is awful as hell. Oh no they worked with those artists dear me,and they are credible! By who? Your standards? Sure David Gilmour and Marty Friedman are great but I'm sure someone such as yourself knows the vast amount of other artists they worked with. I don't mean to insult you but your comment was so ungodly biased it was hard to even take seriously. Perhaps you should read as to why I made my comments instead of just blindly walking into some argument. But what do I know im just some arrogant 12 year old kid...

I fail to see how I blindly walked into an argument? If you take a look back I responded to exactly the one thing you were insulting about Quiet Riot. You said they were simply trying to cash in on previous members success, well I showed that they worked with enough other amazing musicians, in fact I didn't even know Randy was part of the band until about a year ago. The second Slade cover was pressure from the producer and the record companies who were trying to reproduce the previous success, in fact, Kevin didn't even want to record the first Slade cover they did, and he put no effort into recording it, but hey, thats just a point of view coming from a person whos heard more than one song.

What did I state that was so absurd? You spent half the post calling me an idiot, then didn't really explain anything, I dont see how pointing out the skillful musicians that worked with the band is biased?
----
- George Carlin
05.07.2008 - 21:31
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 29.04.2008 at 22:16

Written by Guest on 29.04.2008 at 08:05

I fail to see how I blindly walked into an argument? If you take a look back I responded to exactly the one thing you were insulting about Quiet Riot. You said they were simply trying to cash in on previous members success, well I showed that they worked with enough other amazing musicians, in fact I didn't even know Randy was part of the band until about a year ago. The second Slade cover was pressure from the producer and the record companies who were trying to reproduce the previous success, in fact, Kevin didn't even want to record the first Slade cover they did, and he put no effort into recording it, but hey, thats just a point of view coming from a person whos heard more than one song.

What did I state that was so absurd? You spent half the post calling me an idiot, then didn't really explain anything, I dont see how pointing out the skillful musicians that worked with the band is biased?

How aren't you biased, you're defending Quiet Riot for god's sake. I love how you change your tone from one post to the next. If that doesn't mean defeat I dont know what does. You seem to completely misunderstand me, I said I listened to the first few Quiet Riot cds, and I didn't care for it at all. You seem to not be able to understand how one could not like Quiet Riot, which shows further Bias. Quiet Riot has always sucked, and no matter what form the band takes, they will suck too. A lot of metal heads see them as nothing more than a pop metal outfit.
05.07.2008 - 21:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 21:31

How aren't you biased, you're defending Quiet Riot for god's sake. I love how you change your tone from one post to the next. If that doesn't mean defeat I dont know what does. You seem to completely misunderstand me, I said I listened to the first few Quiet Riot cds, and I didn't care for it at all. You seem to not be able to understand how one could not like Quiet Riot, which shows further Bias. Quiet Riot has always sucked, and no matter what form the band takes, they will suck too. A lot of metal heads see them as nothing more than a pop metal outfit.

I was defending Quiet Riot, there is nothing biased about that, I was not trying to make you like them. You came in here because apparently you had nothing better to do with your time than bash a band. And defeat? I proved you wrong on almost every single one of your ignorant complaints about the band. Your being quite a hypocrite here, your just as if not more biased than me, at least I brought actual fact into the argument instead of childish insults against the band.
----
- George Carlin
05.07.2008 - 21:54
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2008 at 21:49

Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 21:31

I was defending Quiet Riot, there is nothing biased about that, I was not trying to make you like them. You came in here because apparently you had nothing better to do with your time than bash a band. And defeat? I proved you wrong on almost every single one of your ignorant complaints about the band. Your being quite a hypocrite here, your just as if not more biased than me, at least I brought actual fact into the argument instead of childish insults against the band.

Actual fact? Childish Insults? As for actual fact, all you ever said was something anyone could know regardless of even hearing of this band. I could of guessed it was the record label trying to make money. The only other thing you said was that they worked with some credible musicians, wooptey fucking do. You didn't even randy rhoads played for them. If anything that seems like a poser to me...And childish insults? Read your first post buddy, and please do tell me what you proved me wrong on, I'm anxious to hear. Also I'm curious how I'm being hypocritical here, oh do tell me wise one.