Metal Storm logo
Kreator - Upcoming Album And DVD Details

Following their truly global "Enemy Of God" World Tour, Thrash gods Kreator will be parking the steamrollers for a while and taking a creative break in 2008 to concentrate on writing new material and recording their next album. Live activity for the band in 2008 will only be sporadic, consisting primarily of selected festival appearances. Kreator's next album is currently scheduled for release in January of 2009, to be followed by an extensive world tour later in the year.

To make the long wait a little less painful for Kreator fans, March of 2008 sees the re-release on DVD of "Live In East Berlin" and "Hallucinative Comas", both re-edited and previously only available on VHS video cassette. The DVD release goes out under the title "At The Pulse Of Kapitulation - Live In East Berlin 1990".

Here are a few of frontman Mille Petrozza's comments:

"Right now, it's time for us to recharge our batteries and write some new songs. A little like the creature in 'Alien', several ideas for the next album have been brooding inside me for a while and now they're ready to burst out of my chest and take the Kreator story to the next level. Musically, the whole concept will be very brutal and melodic! At the moment there are 10 basic ideas and fragments for new songs. Starting in January of 2008, the band will get together in Essen to start working out arrangements for the new stuff.

Over the years, I've met lots of people in and around Berlin who's first Metal experience ever was the concert we did there in the early 90's at the Werner Seelenbinder Halle. The new DVD features some of these people in recent interviews, and there are also some original quotes from back then. Words don't do justice to the energy that was in the air that day in East Berlin, and the whole event can only be described as utterly unique and historic.

I'd like to say 'Thanks!' at this point to all the promoters and fans who made it possible! The legion of Kreator supporters is growing all the time, and you made 2007 a very exciting year for us in the band."

Up until now this legendary concert was only available as a VHS video with less-than-ideal sound quality, but is now for the first time carefully digitalized and upgraded to today's standards, while retaining its original charm. The DVD also contains the "Hallucinative Coma" video from 1991. Original director Andreas Marshall has personally re-edited his own 'Director's Cut', featuring never-seen-before scenes that the censors just couldn't stomach back in the day.

Here are the release dates:

Europe: March 31, 2008
Germany: March 28, 2008
North America: March 25, 2008

Here's a brand new DVD Trailer of Kreator's "Enemy Of God - Revisited".

Source: metaleater.com
Band profile: Kreator
Posted: 06.12.2007 by Morbid

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 9 users
06.12.2007 - 21:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great in Esat berlin it wa sihn 80ties and then thay kick ass 80ties Kreator was good, but Ebemy of God boring
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2007 - 21:34
Infurnace

2009? Man, I can't wait to hear some new material from Kreator. Ah well, at least I'm seeing them on Wacken next year.
06.12.2007 - 22:14
selken
Irreligious

Its obvius that I'm shocked!!!
YEAH, YEAH, YEEEEAAHHH More melodic thrash on the way!!!!!
----
07.12.2007 - 00:00
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
2009 is far far away...
07.12.2007 - 00:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well we still have to wait a bit but i'm excited about the new album nevertheless
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
07.12.2007 - 01:19
Mosquiller

Written by White Winter Sun on 07.12.2007 at 00:00

2009 is far far away...

It'll pass in the twinkling of an eye !
enjoy the DVD
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
07.12.2007 - 01:48
Aghahowa

2009 will be extremely aggressive !
07.12.2007 - 16:04
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Can't fucking wait!!
----
THRASH!!!
07.12.2007 - 19:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Can't wait! Love ya Kreator!
----
08.12.2007 - 02:42
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
loved enemy of god, cant wait for 2009... quite a long time to wait though
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.12.2007 - 05:26
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
ah, great news! enemy of god was also a great album but wiill they release something close to their old 'extreme thrashy' style?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
10.12.2007 - 16:38
altercuca
Account deleted
:O....

Hits total: 4456 | This month: 5