Metal Storm logo
Immortal - Reunion Is Possible

Immortal frontman (when they were together) Abbath is talking about Immortal possibly reuniting. He is in the studio at the moment recording the debut album for 'I' but he spoke to German magazine 'Rock Hard' about a possible reunion.

Here is a statement from Abbath: "We will come back, stronger than ever. I recently met with Horgh (old Immortal Drummer), for the first time in over a year. He's built his new house here in Norway, right around the corner. In the next few days we will begin to rehearse our old 'Blizzard Beasts' classics. I'm already really excited about the idea."

When asked if this was just a money making ploy Abbath said: "We're not coming back for the money. If we had been only interested in the cash, we wouldn't have allowed Immortal to split in the first place."

Abbath has also said that if they do reunite then they will also tour.

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Immortal
Posted: 07.06.2006 by Necromancer_S

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   Visited by: 10 users
08.06.2006 - 13:30
Hrimner
Account deleted
IMMORTAL!!!!!!!!
08.06.2006 - 13:45
Bodom to Bodom
Account deleted
i've just resurected...great news
08.06.2006 - 15:45
Ryan (HC)
Account deleted
OMFG i seriously hope immortal reunite, as they are easily one of the best true black metal bands ever, along with burzum, darkthrone + funeral possibly akercocke and emperor, but seriously, it will give my band Herod's CHildren somthing to look up to and be inspired by, fair enough there is some good symphonic b. metal out there at the moment along with some awsome d. metal but nothing that could possibly contend with the darkness that was once Immortal.
May we fight the battle to keep good metal alive, it is dying out!
08.06.2006 - 15:49
Ryan (HC)
Account deleted
btw by funeral i meant dark funeral NOT FUCKING FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND very sry for the double post.
08.06.2006 - 16:15
Basso
Account deleted
I wouldnt really say that Dark Funeral or newer Immortal are true....
But this is fuckin great news. HAIL IMMORTAL! Keep blasting
08.06.2006 - 16:34
Ryan (HC)
Account deleted
hm, i can kinda see were your coming from, but wouldnt you class them as influencing people into the genre? if you do then i would class them as true
13.06.2006 - 20:36
Karl_Satan
Account deleted
hail immortal
15.06.2006 - 20:33
Wilska
Account deleted
woooohoooo!
19.06.2006 - 03:39
YIYA_666
Account deleted
oh good,Great news!!
25.06.2006 - 01:08
Megadeth88

This is fuckin' kick ass news. I hope Immortal comes back. I miss those guys to death.

Hits total: 2946 | This month: 10