Metal Storm logo
The Quick Questions Thread

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 11.03.2009 - 02:26
Question: Kirk Hammett played on the latest K'Naan album and I wanted to add that to his profile, but I am not sure how to. Could someone please help me out?
23.02.2017 - 20:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by 3rdWorld on 23.02.2017 at 20:18

Written by Bad English on 23.02.2017 at 20:15

Written by 3rdWorld on 23.02.2017 at 19:13

This split album http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=91134 is having the band's names themselves as the songtitles and the site automatically links the songtitles to the band URL's. Anyway to remove them?

probably not, maybe Ivan can

Ok, will pm him.

I looked, nothing happening, only way I can take out all band id in album, but then it will desapear as in band names as well
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.02.2017 - 21:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Bad English on 23.02.2017 at 20:48

I looked, nothing happening, only way I can take out all band id in album, but then it will desapear as in band names as well

I have pm'd Ivan. Let's see.
27.02.2017 - 02:49
Vombatus
Potorro
I think there is a bug displaying non-english punctuation on personal messages.
Sent a message with characters like ç / é / ê and they appear messed up (replaced with sutff like é / Ã? / ès). Wasn't the case before the website update.
27.02.2017 - 23:00
Paz
elite
Written by Vombatus on 27.02.2017 at 02:49

I think there is a bug displaying non-english punctuation on personal messages.
Sent a message with characters like ç / é / ê and they appear messed up (replaced with sutff like é / Ã� / ès). Wasn't the case before the website update.

You're right. I have the same issue.
28.02.2017 - 04:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Happens whit me as well
----

apos;'
[image]
01.03.2017 - 20:03
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Paz on 27.02.2017 at 23:00

You're right. I have the same issue.

Would be nice to know if someone can fix that. Otherwise, messages become unintelligible....
01.03.2017 - 20:49
Paz
elite
Written by Vombatus on 01.03.2017 at 20:03

Would be nice to know if someone can fix that. Otherwise, messages become unintelligible....

I have already informed Ivan about this error. He'll take care of it. Thanks to you
02.03.2017 - 14:58
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Paz on 01.03.2017 at 20:49

I have already informed Ivan about this error. He'll take care of it. Thanks to you

Cool, thanks for notifying the Boss.
28.08.2017 - 15:10
LEXru
Is it possible to filter albums with "invisible band" albums included? There was a check-box like "with invisible bands" before, but I can't find it now

UPDATE. I've found it, finally
02.10.2017 - 10:51
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Supposed I've Ignored an user, can they see me/my posts?
02.10.2017 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by 3rdWorld on 02.10.2017 at 10:51

Supposed I've Ignored an user, can they see me/my posts?

Yes, if its forum related, no if its logs and things like that
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2018 - 20:36
cobrapel
Concept One
- Comments: 126 [ 1 ignored ] Visited by: 231 users -

Someone knows what does it mean "[ 1 ignored ]" in the topics? Must say i didn't ignore any user
25.01.2018 - 22:55
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by cobrapel on 25.01.2018 at 20:36

- Comments: 126 [ 1 ignored ] Visited by: 231 users -

Someone knows what does it mean "[ 1 ignored ]" in the topics? Must say i didn't ignore any user

If someone deletes his own comment (like VIG, who deletes his a lot), it still counts on his post counter. Say if you delete a post of yours you still stay with 153. (great hint for Bad English to boost up his count)
The post which does not show is then counted among the ignored ones.

I am not sure but if the user deletes his account I think it happens likewise
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.01.2018 - 12:48
cobrapel
Concept One
Written by Karlabos on 25.01.2018 at 22:55

If someone deletes his own comment

I thought is when a staff deletes a comment, but not sure. Thanks
26.01.2018 - 13:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dead one (I miss him btw) lol had same isiue
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2018 - 23:10
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Is there a way to add just one (later announced) date to a tour on MS? Asking for a friend.

Specifically, Maiden added a second Finnish date for next week on their upcoming Legacy of the Beast tour.

Said friend might be attending.
27.11.2018 - 02:20
Lionthrone
Question: What is the difference between "I have it" and "I just got it" in the Collection dropdown? Does "I just got it" become "I have it" after a certain time period expires?

Thanks.
27.11.2018 - 09:59
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff
Written by Lionthrone on 27.11.2018 at 02:20

Question: What is the difference between "I have it" and "I just got it" in the Collection dropdown? Does "I just got it" become "I have it" after a certain time period expires?

Thanks.

Yes, "I just got it" immediately transforms to "I have it". The only difference is that "I just got it" saves the date of your purchase.
----
signatures = SPAM
27.11.2018 - 21:40
Lionthrone
Written by Starvynth on 27.11.2018 at 09:59

Written by Lionthrone on 27.11.2018 at 02:20

Thanks.

Yes, "I just got it" immediately transforms to "I have it". The only difference is that "I just got it" saves the date of your purchase.

Ah, got it. Thank you.
29.11.2018 - 17:20
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff
Can someone provide reliable information how many active MS users are still around?
active = online at least once in a period of 60 days or something like that
And in comparison the amount of registered but unactive users would be nice to know, too.

I am a) just curious and b) wondering where all those countless, ancient topics come from (while I hardly see people posting nowadays)

Thanks in advance!
----
signatures = SPAM
30.11.2018 - 13:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Starvynth on 29.11.2018 at 17:20

Can someone provide reliable information how many active MS users are still around?
And in comparison the amount of registered but unactive users would be nice to know, too.

I am a) just curious and b) wondering where all those countless, ancient topics come from (while I hardly see people posting nowadays)

Thanks in advance!

Go to community> members > sort by "last seen online"
----
- Reimu Hakurei
30.11.2018 - 14:15
Starvynth
i c deaf people
staff
Written by Karlabos on 30.11.2018 at 13:57

Written by Starvynth on 29.11.2018 at 17:20

Thanks in advance!

Go to community> members > sort by "last seen online"

Thanks a lot!
But as quite a bunch of Metalstormers checked "Appear offline" in the settings this list doesn't really show what I was looking for.
Anyway, I didn't expect 88067 users, that quantity is quite impressive.
----
signatures = SPAM
30.11.2018 - 14:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Starvynth on 30.11.2018 at 14:15

Thanks a lot!
But as quite a bunch of Metalstormers checked "Appear offline" in the settings this list doesn't really show what I was looking for.
Anyway, I didn't expect 88067 users, that quantity is quite impressive.

Yeah that feature has its goods but we still lack a way of quantifying actual regular users. For instance, some of those could have logged in in the last hour and then will never login again.

An interesting side analysis is sorting users by points and posts in the same page.
If you go to say page 100 after sorting by posts, the users will be seen as having only 4 posts. Keeping in mind that 50 users are displayed per page it means out of the 88000 users, only 5000 have ever posted more than four times in the site.

Similarly, after sorting by community points you see the counter starts being displayed as 0 for users after the 89th page, which means less than 4500 of the total users have ever contributed with anything in their entire site time.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
30.11.2018 - 15:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Karlabos on 30.11.2018 at 14:46

Written by Starvynth on 30.11.2018 at 14:15

Similarly, after sorting by community points you see the counter starts being displayed as 0 for users after the 89th page, which means less than 4500 of the total users have ever contributed with anything in their entire site time.

Not entirely true. Staff members don't get any community points.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.12.2018 - 19:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.11.2018 at 15:42

Not entirely true. Staff members don't get any community points.

Ok, about 4520 then :p
----
- Reimu Hakurei
12.01.2019 - 07:29
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Should this album by Clouds https://cloudsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/dor-bonus-album be counted as a separate album (or go in the other releases section) or be added to the main album http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=96045&band_id=8474&bandname=Clouds tracklist as a bonus album/disk?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
13.01.2019 - 11:36
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I've been having a problem with adding/editing stuff on here. When clicking the 'Submit' button I just get a white screen instead of the "Thanks, your submission must now get checked before appearing..."

Does anybody know what's that about? I've been fiddling with the 'Site settings' in the browser (Chrome), but I can't seem to get it to work.
13.01.2019 - 14:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Azarath on 13.01.2019 at 11:36

I've been having a problem with adding/editing stuff on here. When clicking the 'Submit' button I just get a white screen instead of the "Thanks, your submission must now get checked before appearing..."

Does anybody know what's that about? I've been fiddling with the 'Site settings' in the browser (Chrome), but I can't seem to get it to work.

Depends what, usually + perms people can check it. It depends what news, albums , goes fast, other things slower.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2019 - 21:51
D.T. Metal
staff
Written by Azarath on 13.01.2019 at 11:36

I don't see anything. What did you try to add or edit And have you tried to use a different browser?
17.01.2019 - 22:03
D.T. Metal
staff
Written by M C Vice on 12.01.2019 at 07:29

Should this album by Clouds https://cloudsofficial.bandcamp.com/album/dor-bonus-album be counted as a separate album (or go in the other releases section) or be added to the main album http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=96045&band_id=8474&bandname=Clouds tracklist as a bonus album/disk?

While it is a separate album, it really isn't. On bandcamp they stated "Bonus CD from the DOR album" and I read the following statement as well: "A little treat has been already been sent to those who have ordered the limited box, please check your spam folder too!!"
This tells me that the bonus album is just that - a bonus for those who bought the limited version of Dor.