14. This Is the War
15. Lead Us
16. What Colour Is Your Blood
17. Epitaph
18. Cold Demons
19. Predator
20. Wings
21. Wyrocznia (feat. Orion)

Two years only after the release date of the DVD "Night Of The Apocalypse" Vader is back again with a new DVD, one more time released by the Polish label Metal Mind. "Night Of The Apocalypse" was a really nice DVD but it was a bit short, with only 13 songs, when you compare it to the new one which features 21 of the whole discography of the combo. Vader is a classy band and I can tell you that their new DVD is really classy too?

Vader is already a cult band of Death Metal and even if they release a lot of DVDs, I'm sure that their loyal fans will not miss their last one "And Blood Was Shed In Warsaw". The great thing with this band is that we're never bored by their show which are really powerful with every time some really charismatic interpretations. The new DVD is not different, in term of quality, than the old ones but you'll be able to find a lot of songs this time (21). I just love the music of Vader, this is real Death but always technical with great melodies and I'm sure that this DVD will be a way to convince the people who are a bit doubtful about this band. Vader is a synonym of the word "class" and "And Blood Was Shed In Warsaw" which only features great songs is the living proof of my statement.

The recording is perfect, the images which are "red" in general (that's the spotlights effect?) are good too and the production of this DVD is impressive. After all, all the DVDs of Metal Mind are good so I don't see why this one couldn't be good too? With an amazing performance of the band and an excellent sound recording "And Blood Was Shed In Warsaw" is a perfect way to listen to the discography of Vader with, in addition, the chance to watch an amazing show. Only some good bonuses (we have an interview but that's not enough) are missing but all in all this concert is so good that it's impossible to be disappointed by this DVD.

"And Blood Was Shed In Warsaw" is an amazing DVD which only suffers of a lack of bonuses. Is it really problematic? Well I don't think so because this show was just perfectly recorded and the performance of the masters of Death Metal from Poland was amazing this night. Definitely this new Metal Mind production is a must for all the fans of Vader like for all the ones who like great Death Metal. I highly recommend this video recording "And Blood Was Shed In Warsaw" is a top-notch DVD.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: -
Originality: -
Production: 10

Written by Jeff | 11.12.2007

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 79 users
11.12.2007 - 23:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I definately want this, its one of those things ill buy with the money ill get from christmas.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.12.2007 - 02:03
Metal Maiden
Megadead
"Sword Of The Witcher" is just the best damn video for 2007, it must be nominated in the MS awards!!!
12.12.2007 - 02:35
Rating: 9
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I only saw about 15 minutes of this DVD on my laptop, my DVD player is broken I would have really loved to see it on a bigger screen with better surround sound/speakers, but as far as i can tell the production is indeed pretty good.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
12.12.2007 - 02:45
Rating: 8
mankvill

Love this DVD.
12.12.2007 - 10:50
Deadsoulman

10 for the production is just what this DVD deserves. The sound is brilliant from start to finish, so is the filming. Great stuff, Vader live is always a blast anyway
22.12.2007 - 14:44
Abattoir

I see, I'll have to get this video as soon as possible... It must be great..
31.01.2008 - 12:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
when was this performance recorded/is doc playing drums? now that i think of it if it was released in 07, hes probably, unfortunately deceased. RIP Doc.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.03.2008 - 21:20
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Great Dvd! All Vader fans should have it!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...

Hits total: 8851 | This month: 8