Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - Matt Barlow Rejoins Band

Matt Barlow has rejoined Iced Earth, according to the following statement posted on www.icedearth.com:

"Hello Dear Friends!

Once again the winds of change are upon us, and this time I can say that I am very happy about the result.

While out on the European tour I had several in depth discussions with many loyal Iced Earth fans. A common theme of these discussions was how much Matt is missed. I agreed with the fans that things were not the same and that it was a very special period in Iced Earth's history.

When I heard several months ago that Matt was going to be doing a project in music again, I was thinking about contacting him and seeing what his intentions were. I didn't act on this because I was so focused on the writing of the new epic, and frankly, it just didn't seem realistic.

Well, after getting out on the road and speaking with many of you directly, I decided to call Matt and see how he was doing and if he was interested in working together again. I am proud to say that he is coming back to Iced Earth and we will be getting back to work in the studio very soon.

Matt will be singing on Part 2 of the Something Wicked concept CD and we will be looking forward to getting out on tour and delivering a series of Iced Earth shows that will rival any in the history of the band. And there will be a proper DVD filmed from this period, something we've all been waiting for.

I want you all to know that it was you who made this a reality. I have missed Matt's presence onstage and in my personal life in a big way over the past few years, so I appreciate your honesty in our discussions. It did help me realize the decision to move forward with pursuing this. The fans have spoken and we have delivered!

You true fans know that I'm a straight shooter, I say what I mean and mean what I say. And though I value your opinions greatly, you must believe that this is a decision that comes completely from the heart and is not motivated by anything other than what feels the best for Iced Earth. This is the way that things have always been dealt with, for better or for worse, but always honestly and from the heart.

Tim Owens is a great and talented singer and I wish the best for him and his future on a personal and professional level.

There will be more news soon as to further developments and plans. This will push back the release of Part 2 a bit. Not because we couldn't be ready to record in time, but because of a new addition to Matt's family in early 2008!

I am very happy to announce that Iced Earth is truly BACK!

Have a great holiday season. We'll be in touch very soon with more details.

Jon Schaffer"

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth
Posted: 12.12.2007 by Lyrinan

Comments page 2 / 4

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 99   Visited by: 42 users
12.12.2007 - 08:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
If this is actually true (and why shouldn't it be?) then it shows what a d******d Shaeffer actually is, first praising Tim to no end and burning down Matt, and now that the fans really miss Matt (which they have done right from the moment Matt left btw) goign back to Matt again. I think Jon was really really really disappointed by the sales figures of the last two albums, somehow thinking that IE would really break it big with Tim.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.12.2007 - 08:47
ChavaIhshan
Account deleted
HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK!!

Oden listened to my prayers....
12.12.2007 - 09:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
GREAT NEWS
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.12.2007 - 10:34
Monkey666

OH NO !! Shit ! This cant be true - great Ownes replaced by this Barlow.....I dont want to listen ICed Earth anymore.....
12.12.2007 - 10:54
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
ehm ehm ehm .. oh who am i kidding everyone is doing it now so why cant I

FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH FUCK YEACHHHHHHHHHH HELL FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AMAZING ..... I CANT BELIEVE THIS IAM SO FUCKING HAPPY AND I KNOW I WILL GET THE BAN FOR ALL THIS CAPS AND SWEAR WORDS BIT I DONT CARE IAM HAPPY GAIN

BARLOWWWW IS BACK.....
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
12.12.2007 - 11:13
Ereinion
Account deleted
I hope this i not a trick from the IE webmaster

But I really hope that Matt is back
12.12.2007 - 11:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
It's a fucking great news
12.12.2007 - 11:51
NaittsirK

Lame....Tim Owens ruled.....
But the Ripper will find his way....
----
Between two worlds I am quested not to be...
12.12.2007 - 12:10
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by ylside on 12.12.2007 at 01:14

HOLY SHIT !!

This about sums up my initial thoughts. But also I feel bad for Tim Owens, who just keeps getting kicked out when the old frontman returns. Not really fair to him, he's a great singer...
12.12.2007 - 12:37
Stalker
Lone wanderer
FUUUCKING YEAHHHH!!!!!! THE DAY HAS COME!!!!!!!! ICED EARTH IS BACK!!!! I knew it will happen some day, i did!!!!!!
----
12.12.2007 - 13:17
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Deadsoulman on 12.12.2007 at 01:51

What about Barlow in Pyramaze then by the way?

You can find some info about that here.
12.12.2007 - 13:35
Deadsoulman

Thanks for the info, good for Pyramaze
12.12.2007 - 14:07
GT
Coffee!!
Just like Collin my thoughts was: What about Pyramaze then?? Glad he stays with them...can't wait for their new album...but good for Iced Earth as well
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.12.2007 - 14:35
Etaín

This totally made my day .. xD
12.12.2007 - 14:58
Stigmatized
Matt Barlow is a great singer, and I'm glad to hear he's back. However, I feel the same as several as you, in feeling bad for Tim Owens. I actually enjoyed his voice on the new album, it sucks that he got booted just like that. I hope he finds a band he can stick with.
12.12.2007 - 15:11
Dam3k

owens seems to be the man who just stay in great bands until the real man back xD judas priest, iced earth, what's next? king diamond? muahaha it's seems is more like tim OWNED not owens haha
----

12.12.2007 - 16:27
jacut

It means I'll have to buy the next IE's album right?
12.12.2007 - 16:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Wait... seriously? I'm not a fan of the band, still it's great news.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2007 at 08:31

If this is actually true (and why shouldn't it be?) then it shows what a d******d Shaeffer actually is, first praising Tim to no end and burning down Matt, and now that the fans really miss Matt (which they have done right from the moment Matt left btw) goign back to Matt again. I think Jon was really really really disappointed by the sales figures of the last two albums, somehow thinking that IE would really break it big with Tim.

I think you're right Marcel.
----
12.12.2007 - 16:36
Fearless

YES!!!!!!!
----
CEO and founder of Rose Booking.
SHOWS | TOURS | FESTIVALS

Rose Booking is a booking agency with a global involvement within the live entertainment

Metal is the LAW!
Stay Metal!
12.12.2007 - 16:55
Zeh

Great news!!
Bur I fell sorry for Ripper, he is a great singer also!!
----
Zeh
12.12.2007 - 17:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2007 at 08:31

My thoughts exactly. Seriously, saying: "I am very happy to announce that Iced Earth is truly BACK!" is just a fucking bad thing to say. Sure, I can understand you want Barlow back in your band, but don't do it this way.

But then again, who am I am to mess with internal and personal affairs. I cannot deny I'm happy Barlow is back.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.12.2007 - 18:23
Daniell
_爱情_
Best news this year! It's already December, so it'll be hard to beat...
12.12.2007 - 18:29
TTR

When i saw this news at the top my heart almost stopped pounding! BEST news this year indeed! Actually this year i had the most momments of...WHY why did he leave! hehe, but that ofcourse started with the Alive in Athens DVD
----
12.12.2007 - 19:41
PrettyMao

I am probably one of the few, but I am really disappointed by this...

I thought that Pt I of Something Wicked was really well done with Tim's voice and was really looking forward to Part II...

Now for him to change vocalists in the middle of it is pretty retarded in my mind.

I loved Matt in the earlier albums and he was a really good fit... and I don't mind him coming back, I just wish it wasn't at Ripper's expense, as I think Ripper is a far superior singer than Barlow. (I have seen them both live)...

So disappointed...

I really hope Ripper finds another awesome band...

I will be checking out Beyond Fear very soon....
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
12.12.2007 - 19:42
PrettyMao

I also find Jon lacks a lot of tact in this instance....

but then again he is used to people coming and going and probably has little or no sympathy for the Ripper on this one...

Just business as usual, I guess....
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
12.12.2007 - 19:52
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Spyroid on 12.12.2007 at 02:21

But well... I hope the Ripper joins a good band now. Like, ehm... Therion

Muhahahaha...now, that would be rippin' awesome...he'll be a damn good replacement for Leven...i think...
12.12.2007 - 20:12
necrovamp

hmm, feel sorry for tim, sacked from judas priest and now iced earth? jons a dick for doing this, its like dumping your girlfriend to get eith your ex, does he have any morals? idiot
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
12.12.2007 - 21:09
Richard

Written by Bararey on 12.12.2007 at 06:55

Written by Richard on 12.12.2007 at 05:16

"I'm tired of the whole Owens-Barlow debate, it's bullshit. Matt's not coming back. Tim has done a fantastic job on the last two albums and he's here to stay".

Do you know when the interview was actually conducted?

The news about Barlow's return is also on their official myspace page blog, so I really doubt it is a hoax or anything in that line.

Sure, I'm not saying it's a hoax that Barlow's back - and although the interview is in the new issue of the magazine, I admit that it doesn't necessarily mean it was conducted very recently. But it's still a big turn around in attitude, in what must still be a very short space of time, from one extreme to the other.

I think we need to hear Owens side of the story as well, though.. maybe he could make a statement about the situation as well, so people know if it was an amicable split or if he feels hard done by.
----
12.12.2007 - 22:01
Timsen
Account deleted
Dreams come true still!
12.12.2007 - 22:19
FrostbittenIlham
Account deleted
Am I the only one who doesn't care at all?

Hits total: 8846 | This month: 8