Metal Storm logo
Best Summoning Song

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 16.12.2007 - 21:28
right now i will go for Mirdautas Vras from Oath Bound...recommend me more great songs like this one
08.03.2009 - 23:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lugburuz, Dagor Bragollach, Nightshade Forests, The Glory Disappears, A Distant Flame Before The Sun, South Away, Ashen Cold, Land Of The Dead...my current choice
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.03.2009 - 23:38
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
There are so many great songs of Summoning, but the best is "Long Lost To Where No Pathway Goes"
09.03.2009 - 01:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Where Hope and Daylight Die. thats been mine recently.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.03.2009 - 16:44
Now that's really difficult to decide... Might and Glory is my favourite for last few months, but Nightshade Forests and Lugburz are amzing too...
18.07.2009 - 19:44
HellTrooper
It's true....but The Passing of The Grey Company still remains over the years. And Kor too.
----
R.I.P.

Cliff Burton
Chuck Schuldiner
18.07.2009 - 22:43
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Hm, that's a tough one cause basically I find all Summoning albums and songs great. I guess my #1 is still The Passing Of The Grey Company from Minas Morgul. I just find that song so epic and haunting at the same time.

Close runner ups would then be: Morthond, cause it's so hauting, Where Hope and Daylight Die (I also very much like Die Verbannten Kinder Evas), Tanja Borsky has this really mysterious voice that fits in this song pefecly, a very gothic-like-mesmerizing song, Wyrmvater Glaurung, for the same reson, cause it's so obsure in its essence and Over Old Hills, especially the ending when the song seems to get this ''enlightining'' atmosphere... I really can't put in words this correctly, it's the feeling I get listening to it.

Huh, hard choice as I said, cause I like so many songs by them....
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
19.07.2009 - 00:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Mine "toplist" is changing very often too

Might and Glory, Over Old Hills, The Legend Of The Master Ring, Ashen Cold and South Away it will be now
----

19.07.2009 - 05:11
Numbskull
Demon - 'Full Moon' followed by 'Night of the Demon'. I nice one-two punch.
19.07.2009 - 10:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Numbskull on 19.07.2009 at 05:11

Demon - 'Full Moon' followed by 'Night of the Demon'. I nice one-two punch.

i quess you missed the point of this topic...it is for songs from BAND Summoning
----

19.07.2009 - 11:46
Land of the Dead and Long Lost Whom No Pathway Goes or maybe Farewell

All of ´em are epic shit, which I like.
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
20.07.2009 - 14:54
HellTrooper
Ellrohir you're right, the top ten changes quickly...
----
R.I.P.

Cliff Burton
Chuck Schuldiner
20.07.2009 - 16:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would say it is because Summoning dont have one or two "greatest songs", but at least dozen of them...and the same with many other bands
----

21.07.2009 - 03:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Not a single one is good, all mediocre to crap imo. But then again what is a drunk 41-year old doing posting in a thread about a band he finds totally crap?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.07.2009 - 12:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.07.2009 at 03:18

But then again what is a drunk 41-year old doing posting in a thread about a band he finds totally crap?

so quit doing it then...i am not putting shit on your favorite bands either
----

21.07.2009 - 13:35
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 21.07.2009 at 12:13

But then again what is a drunk 41-year old doing posting in a thread about a band he finds totally crap?

Everyone has his opinion, so if anyone doesn't like band and talks bad about them just let him do so, what's the problem with it? Summoning is also my favourite band, but I have no problem with people who don't like them
21.07.2009 - 13:41
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

Making people laugh, of course At least you made me laugh, I'm not that much of a sensitive cry baby
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
21.07.2009 - 14:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Diabolos on 21.07.2009 at 13:35

Written by Ellrohir on 21.07.2009 at 12:13

Everyone has his opinion, so if anyone doesn't like band and talks bad about them just let him do so, what's the problem with it? Summoning is also my favourite band, but I have no problem with people who don't like them

there is already topic about Summoning as a band, he can post his critics there...this is for their fans about best songs...besides according to forum rules, if you want to say some band is crap, you'll have to prove it somehow, otherwise it should be marked as posthunting (which is something, Marcel H. knows well with his 20K of posts, or? )
----

21.07.2009 - 15:15
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
The topic is about the favourite Summoning song and he has written that he doesn't like a single one of them, for me that sounds like an appropriate answer
21.07.2009 - 15:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Alright...next few hours i will spend in topics about bands i dont like (almost every death or thrash one) claiming in each of it the band is crap and none their songs are good...and i will have hundreds of new posts...what a great idea
----

21.07.2009 - 16:34
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Ellrohir on 21.07.2009 at 15:36

Alright...next few hours i will spend in topics about bands i dont like (almost every death or thrash one) claiming in each of it the band is crap and none their songs are good...and i will have hundreds of new posts...what a great idea

Well, if you are competent and you have listened to a band's music and dislike it for an obvious reason, then I see no obstacle in doing that. From what I understood from Marcel H is that he knows Summoning's music and doesn't find any of the songs suitable to his taste, he didn't just come bashing them here, hearing fom them for the first time. + He was drunk and I think that should be considered as well
----
04.08.2009 - 12:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You are damn right about "Kinstrife & Blood"...so far it appears to be "discovery of month" for my playlist...thanks man a lot
----

04.08.2009 - 13:03
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Ungolianth
The Rotting Horse on the Deadly Ground
Elfstone
Land of the dead
Lost to Where No Pathway Goes
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
03.02.2010 - 15:34
Lawre
Easy choice for me, the two songs that got me into Summoning, In Hollow Halls Beneath The Fells and Land of the Dead.
10.03.2010 - 16:23
RhythMDriveR
Upon the plain, there rushed forth and high
Shadows at dead end of night and mirrored in the sky...

Land Of The Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
I have the body of a god, shame it's buddha
02.08.2010 - 02:37
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Long Lost to Where No Pathway Goes has to be my favourite. It is so calming and atmospheric. The only other band that has this effect on me is (early) Edenbridge. The music is Summoning is nothing amazing, it is just the blend of sounds and the overall melody it creates that makes them so powerful.
02.08.2010 - 04:20
RavenKing

Not a single one is good, all mediocre to crap imo. But then again what is a drunk 41-year old doing posting in a thread about a band he finds totally crap?

I have to say that I didn't like Summoning at first. I found it weird and boring. However, I believe their music is unique and awesome now. I think it's a kind of music that needs to grow on you because there's much more at play than the way it can sound at first.
Also, I think Summoning is very epic. Much more epic than any Powermetal or 'symphonic metal' band people often refer to as epic. I see no epicness in bands like Hammerfall, Rhapsody of Fire, Thy Majesty, Manowar or Nightwish. Only cheese. From my point of view, they're way too cheesy to be epic.
What I like so much about Summoning is even if it's orchestral and melodic, it's devoid of cheesiness.

I would say the difference between Summoning and Powermetal some people refer to as epic is the same kind of difference between "A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria" and any other Bal-Sagoth album.
You can take ABMBOL seriously (as much as music can be taken seriously). Something I find impossible to do with any other Bal-Sagoth album because they simply sound like a cheesefest.
Imo, music looses credibility when it sounds too cheesy and cliched.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
02.08.2010 - 11:58
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Dark Cornatus on 02.08.2010 at 02:37

Long Lost to Where No Pathway Goes has to be my favourite. It is so calming and atmospheric. The only other band that has this effect on me is (early) Edenbridge. The music is Summoning is nothing amazing, it is just the blend of sounds and the overall melody it creates that makes them so powerful.

Yeah, 2 Austrian bands, you know where the good bands come from
04.08.2010 - 02:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Diabolos on 02.08.2010 at 11:58

Well Edenbridge are my favourite band, and lets not forget (some of) the masters of Classical music too!
04.08.2010 - 12:30
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Dark Cornatus on 04.08.2010 at 02:41

Written by Diabolos on 02.08.2010 at 11:58

Well Edenbridge are my favourite band, and lets not forget (some of) the masters of Classical music too!

And we also have Hollenthon, Estatic Fear, Dornenreich and Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, they are all great bands
04.08.2010 - 14:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think it's patently obvious that the last track on Let Mortal Heroes... 'Farewell' is the greatest Summoning song.