Metal Storm logo
Ministry

Original post

Posted by , 18.12.2007 - 04:02
Ministry, probably the pioneers of industrial metal. The band that NIN without question took alot of ideas from. I'm not even really a fan of Industrial metal, but Ministry were something superb and unique.I own The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste .......Their best effort is probably Psalm 69..... Anyone else a fan of this influential Chicage based band?
01.01.2008 - 03:55
Fuath

Written by Damnated on 31.12.2007 at 13:32

Written by Fuath on 31.12.2007 at 11:44

when youve gone out with an emo for 6 months and didnt know they were emo, then ..

.. you fail as a human.

it is redeemable right?
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

01.01.2008 - 22:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
How could someone possibly think Ministry was emo anyway? They sound nothing like an emo band! Just because emo is apparently the hottest thing right now doesn't mean that you can put everything that category...sure, emo is a sub genre from hardcore punk...a lot of Ministry songs have some hardcore punk influences but so what? Sure, the hardcore elements are emotional...again...so what? In any case, The Used are shit and sound nothing like Ministry (that's my two cents)
03.01.2008 - 03:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 31.12.2007 at 17:59

I have land of rape and honey, psalm 69, greatest fits, and in case you didn't feel like showing up. In case you didn't feel like showing up is a legendary album, and have liked the others, but not to the same extent (Hizbollah is a great song though). Judging by the live album and greatest fits, I think the earlier stuff (but not too early) is somewhat better. Do you all think I have missed out on some essential Ministry, or would you recommend that I check out the songs from A mind is a terrible thing to taste that were not on the live album?

You must listen to Rio Grande Blood. It's their most aggressive album to date!
03.01.2008 - 08:16
Fuath

Written by Guest on 01.01.2008 at 22:49

How could someone possibly think Ministry was emo anyway? They sound nothing like an emo band! Just because emo is apparently the hottest thing right now doesn't mean that you can put everything that category...sure, emo is a sub genre from hardcore punk...a lot of Ministry songs have some hardcore punk influences but so what? Sure, the hardcore elements are emotional...again...so what? In any case, The Used are shit and sound nothing like Ministry (that's my two cents)

thats a good point, but i hate emo music, and most emos just as much, like i said before, i dont know whether it was the album or i just didnt hear right, but to me they did sound emo, but i can look into the more and come back with my opinion if it will prevent further disputes

and about the used being shit ..................................... i couldnt agree more
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

03.01.2008 - 17:21
theflyingmachine

Written by Dangerboner on 03.01.2008 at 03:26

Written by theflyingmachine on 31.12.2007 at 17:59

I have land of rape and honey, psalm 69, greatest fits, and in case you didn't feel like showing up. In case you didn't feel like showing up is a legendary album, and have liked the others, but not to the same extent (Hizbollah is a great song though). Judging by the live album and greatest fits, I think the earlier stuff (but not too early) is somewhat better. Do you all think I have missed out on some essential Ministry, or would you recommend that I check out the songs from A mind is a terrible thing to taste that were not on the live album?

You must listen to Rio Grande Blood. It's their most aggressive album to date!
I'll check that out. I have to confess that my music tastes have been getting a bit myopic into death metal lately, so any non-death metal which sounds intriguing, I am all over.
03.01.2008 - 17:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I haven't listened to their new album yet but I'm sure it's nothing short of spectacular...
08.01.2008 - 18:57
Dead Scum
Account deleted
Actualy nothing especial same old stuff but first track is brutal named ´´let´s go´´ about 6 munutes of pure rage and distortion.And they also did a remake of the doors song dont remember the name but you´l find out.Anyways they are realy good band for who like the industrial kind of fear factory and stuff.:banger:
16.01.2008 - 03:25
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I haven't heard much of their new material to be honest. The most recent Minsitry songs I've heard are "No W" and "Piss" .......It sames they're straying from their Industrial Metal roots
16.01.2008 - 05:56
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Ministry doesn't have industrial metal roots. They have post-punk and hmm, lets just say "new wave" roots. Industrial metal is just one of their phases. At the moment I'd call them modern metal with large influences from thrash and lots of industrial elements.
18.01.2008 - 00:19
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@jupitreas: hmmm okay.

did you guys read the news?
18.01.2008 - 02:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Early last year Al said that The Last Sucker would be their final album, followed by a final tour, which I'm going to. So, we knew it was going to happen, but I still wouldn't be surprised if they reform in a few years.
18.01.2008 - 02:25
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
This isnt news, Al has been hinting at ending Ministry as far back as Houses of the Mole and it was already a well known fact after RGB was released.
18.01.2008 - 02:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Ministry and Meshuggah are going to be playing here in early May...there is no way in hell I could miss something like that!
01.06.2008 - 22:31
DIO Is God
Account deleted
I saw Ministry/Meshuggah a couple weeks ago. Awesome show!!! Ministry rules. Uncle Al rules.