Metal Storm logo
Kataklysm - European Tour Cancelled

Kataklysm has decided to cancel their upcoming European tour with Behemoth, scheduled for February. Singer Maurizio Iacono explains:

"First I'd like to say how crazy of a ride it's been since the release if ITAOD. we've done over 200 shows in less then two years, nine tours across the world and meeting all our fans was the highlight, they made our last album the biggest and strongest album to date. It's been great but the machine needs time off. Theres nothing more we like than to stay on the road nonstop but we have to come to reality here and see that we need to take a breather, recharge our batteries and come back stronger than ever with a brand new album, because we will have to redo all this all over again in no time. We didn't want to cancel the tour with Behemoth but after much thought it was the right decision. J-f has to keep working through January on the new album so he gets absolutely no break time, which isnt fair. Then we have to mix it and it's in February and we need to be here to supervise this new masterpiece we've created for you guys. "Prevail" is the priority for next year and it needs our full attention.

But don't worry, we have A LOT of plans ahead of us, and we will be back in no time at all. Also, this doesn't affect the New Zealand and Australian dates in late-March, those will go ahead as planned. Other than that the band is doing great. Steph will be rejoining us for the last four shows of this tour with Chimaira wich has been great. We got a couple more dates left. Check our Myspace or website and come check us out. These will be the last dates until the next record comes out. I'd like to wish everyoneout there some happy holidays with your loved ones."

Source: kataklysmrocks.com
Band profile: Kataklysm
Event: Behemoth: European Tour
Posted: 18.12.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 2 users
18.12.2007 - 18:19
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Yeah they were touring non-stop, I guess they're families were getting tired of it. I had the chance to see them twice this year, and I really envied the European fans for seeing them touring with Behemoth (yes twice is not enough )
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
18.12.2007 - 19:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Bararey on 18.12.2007 at 18:19

and I really envied the European fans for seeing them touring with Behemoth

About Behemoth, they are rumoured to be touring the US next year with Dimmu Borgir
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.12.2007 - 19:28
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Really? Again, that would be the 3rd US tour in 2 years, apparently there is good $$ to make in North American tours
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
18.12.2007 - 20:10
Aghahowa

Very disappointed, but understanding.
18.12.2007 - 22:23
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Too bad, bud I completely understand them.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
18.12.2007 - 23:22
Promonex
Cathemeral
Meh, there go the guys I was looking forward to the most to come to my birthday party
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.12.2007 - 04:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
A Dimmu and Behemoth tour wouldnt be bad at all
----
Coldgrits
20.12.2007 - 16:54
mara

Hits total: 2988 | This month: 6