Metal Storm logo
AC/DC

Original post

Posted by meTalcoholic, 07.06.2006 - 23:05
Nothing to say really. If I have to introduce AC/DC, the world is comming to an end... I think everyone's heard of them and god knows many say they're AC/DC freaks and only know Hell's Bells or Back in Black . (friggin posers)

Anyway, anything about the band, favorite member, favorite album, concerts.... stuff
29.06.2007 - 23:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had lsiten all those guitarists and my father tell me in 80ties ppl there lsiten some prog bands and saay to him Ac/Dc what is that crapp, but now thay when reach 50 years start listen Ac/Dc
@Dr.Rock
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.06.2007 - 04:43
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Great band!!! Great to have a drink while listening . i only really listen to the stuff witht he origional vocalist though......
01.07.2007 - 20:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Lowelas
Im the other way around, though Bon Scott does have his great songs, he also has some dull ones, Ive never been disapointed with any Brian Johnson song.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.07.2007 - 15:26
Abattoir

Great band, for sure. YOU SHOOK ME ALL NIGHT LONG! ...amazing song . And lots of other beside of course...
07.07.2007 - 15:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 30.06.2007 at 04:43

Great band!!! Great to have a drink while listening . i only really listen to the stuff witht he origional vocalist though......

IMO ewery them songd has criated when tshy was drunk and I agree you can drink all time while listen them,
----

apos;'
[image]
14.10.2007 - 03:22
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
1 more vote till Back in Black is in top 100 Albums!!!!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
26.10.2007 - 02:14
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
if anoyone is interested i have 5 or so AC/DC albums up for trade PM me if need be
----
02.11.2007 - 23:12
jeffer72
Account deleted
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 14.10.2007 at 03:22

1 more vote till Back in Black is in top 100 Albums!!!!

Without a doubt!
03.11.2007 - 02:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i got some good AC/DC parifinaelea (sp?) recently, what a fan I am lol
06.11.2007 - 21:12
Sonsofsabbath

I like their older stuff with Bon Scott. But the vocalist they replaced Bon with, I think it is Brian Johnson, has a phenomenal set of pipes. I don't think they could have made a better choice, it completely rejuvinated their career, and Back in Black shot them to super stardom, for good reason and well deserved..
07.11.2007 - 01:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 06.11.2007 at 21:12

I like their older stuff with Bon Scott. But the vocalist they replaced Bon with, I think it is Brian Johnson, has a phenomenal set of pipes. I don't think they could have made a better choice, it completely rejuvinated their career, and Back in Black shot them to super stardom, for good reason and well deserved..

I agree, as great as Bon was, I couldnt enjoy his voice for extended periods of time like I can with Brian Johnson.
----
- George Carlin
09.11.2007 - 01:11
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
got like 5 AC/DC albums up for trade - check it out, and PM for more deatils etc.
----
09.11.2007 - 01:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Burbotsrevenge
Doubt anyones gonna trade anything for those, ACDC albums are usually dirt cheap, so with the money it costs to send you another CD to trade they could probably just go out and buy it.
----
- George Carlin
09.11.2007 - 03:46
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
@Dr.Rock yeh, prob but u never know
----
10.11.2007 - 01:22
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
nights back, i cut the sleeves off ov my AC/DC 'Thunderstruck' t-shirt, it is so soo flyyy lol
10.11.2007 - 15:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 06.11.2007 at 21:12

And hat was a chose in your opinium that time there was no I net where you put , 'search a vocalist'
----

apos;'
[image]
12.11.2007 - 17:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Anyone heard anything about the upcoming album? If there really is one.
----
13.11.2007 - 06:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 10.11.2007 at 01:22

nights back, i cut the sleeves off ov my AC/DC 'Thunderstruck' t-shirt, it is so soo flyyy lol

Thats nice and sleazy, the only way to wear an AC/DC tshirt, now all you have to do is make it look like youve been wearing it every day since the 80's, i suggest washing it with your jeans.
----
- George Carlin
13.11.2007 - 20:11
baldur

Written by Doc G. on 13.11.2007 at 06:51

i suggest washing it with your jeans.

while reading about the jeans i remembered this one song you sure all know.
it goes like this:

And I got patches on the patches
On my old blue jeans
Well they used to be blue
When they used to be new
When they used to be clean

oh how i love this band

04.12.2007 - 15:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
The new DVD seems seriously bad ass awesome! It got a 10/10 in Close-Up Magazine... and they fucking never give 10's! I'll buy it to my mom for christmas.
----
05.12.2007 - 08:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Warman
Yeah, there live at donnington dvd was absolutely amazing, is it as good as that?
----
- George Carlin
05.12.2007 - 17:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Doc G. on 05.12.2007 at 08:41

@Warman
Yeah, there live at donnington dvd was absolutely amazing, is it as good as that?

Haven't seen it yet but apparently this one is supposed to be their best! 7 hours long, 3 discs, a lot of live clips from 75-79, seeing the band at an early stage perform at schools and small clubs, seeing the band perform at great venues such as Donnington and several interviews with an under aged Angus Young!
----
13.12.2007 - 18:15
IllNiñoSweden

AC/DC is great band. But it is too little metal. It is only hard rock.
My favourite song of AC/DC is Thunderstruck!
13.12.2007 - 19:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Warman on 04.12.2007 at 15:25

The new DVD seems seriously bad ass awesome! It got a 10/10 in Close-Up Magazine... and they fucking never give 10's! I'll buy it to my mom for christmas.

I was actually very much disappointed by the 3 disc special editionoof Plug Me In. Not one concert is shown in its entirety.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.01.2008 - 11:12
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Warman on 12.11.2007 at 17:53

Anyone heard anything about the upcoming album? If there really is one.

heres some "news" (no assurances) but:
(from ultimate-guitar.com)

"AC/DC will reportedly play special "secret" club gig on January 25 at Glashaus in Reinach, Switzerland. Only 400 tickets are apparently available for the concert, which is part of a short mini-tour of small venues the band is planning on undertaking at the end of the month.

According to the Spanish web site RafaBasa.com, AC/DC has been quietly working on its first all-new album since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip" with legendary producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, and is planning on releasing the effort ? which is rumored to be titled "Strap It On" (a name that has apparently been bounced around for at least the last couple of years) ? at the end of April. The group's guitarist, Angus Young, is also said to have fully recovered from a recent knee injury which had apparently contributed to the delay in getting the new record completed."

Sounds pretty interesting, but you'd think they're getting a little old now... maybe not... i guess we'll see
----
11.01.2008 - 20:41
Lord TJ

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 11.01.2008 at 11:12

Sounds pretty interesting, but you'd think they're getting a little old now... maybe not... i guess we'll see

Old? lulz no!

Im surprised seeing how long these old bands stick around, like the Rolling Stones, man give them some walkers before they pass out on stage!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
12.01.2008 - 17:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
400 tickets? Man, the tickets will be gone after a second or something like that.
----
14.01.2008 - 06:10
Son of Odin

Great band, my top 3 albums:
Flick of the switch
Back in black
Highway to hell
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
15.01.2008 - 01:51
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
well the news i posted above is apparently all runmours no truth watsoever:

Australian hard rock legends AC/DC have released the following statement:

"Contrary to rumours floating around the internet, AC/DC will not be playing at a special club performance in Switzerland in late January."

AC/DC's record label, Albert Music, told Undercover News earlier in the week that, despite reports to the contrary, the band is not in the studio, is not recording with Mutt Lange and does not have a title for an album which has been widely reported to be called "Strap It On" (a title which was apparently made up by a fan).

"If you ask me if they're in the studio today, I can tell you they're not," Albert Records' Danny Keenan said. "If you ask me if they were in the studio last week, I can tell you they're not. If you ask me if they're in the studio next week, I can tell you they're not.

"We're pretty hopeful, but unfortunately there is no word of an album at this stage."

sorry if i got anyones hopes up
----
15.01.2008 - 02:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nah not really. Sorry all die hard fans, but I have no hopes for a/the new album.
----