Dark Tranquillity - Damage Done
Dark Tranquillity - Character
In Flames - Colony
Arch Enemy - Wages Of Sin
Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Do

Total votes: 140
29.03.2009 - 18:09
ms68
These albums have been seIected from Top 100 Gothenburg metal albums of this website. Please only seIect your favorite album from options and write a short review about your favorite album and say why you think that is the best. I know there are bands like Kalmah, Amorphis and... But I wanted to choose albums without other influences. Don't ask why albums like Fiction, Whoracle and ... aren’t here. I only had 9 options and these albums have been seIected by their popularity and my taste.
I know there is another similar forum here but albums in this poll are different.
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
29.03.2009 - 18:23
ForeverDarkWoods
Dark Tranquillity´s "The Gallery" gets my vote. The reason for this is that this DT album actually still has some of the old sound left while still managing to sound interesting and passionate. Most of the entire Gothenburg genre are modern shitbands who pollute the world of Heavy metal with their crap music, but Dark Tranquillity put theirselves on a completely different level with this release. It essentially has the quality of the more underground melodic death metal scene while it was still easy enough to listen to to gain the acclaim of the mainstream scene. The main good thing is they did it without watering it down (adding modern influences or decreasing quality overall for a simpler song structure that appeals to the mainstream). This is what makes it so good. It's real fucking melodic death metal the way it should be done. No compromise, just a band, their own artistic vision and a whole lot of quality musicianship. There are of course better releases in the more underground Gothenburg scene but this one definitely takes the top one here. Most of the others are modern shit releases (nearly all), quite bland musically (Jester Race), or just don't make it to the same level as The Gallery (With Oden On Our Side).
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
29.03.2009 - 18:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.03.2009 - 18:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I voted for with oden on our side. i may voted for some other if i had more options but with oden on our side is great!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
29.03.2009 - 18:35
ms68
Written by Bad English on 29.03.2009 at 18:27

Isnt it simmilar like this
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1836

only in 3 albums
----
29.03.2009 - 18:36
ms68
Written by Deadmeat on 29.03.2009 at 18:32

I voted for with oden on our side. i may voted for some other if i had more options but with oden on our side is great!!!

u can write about your favorite album here but don't complain why that isn't here
----
29.03.2009 - 18:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ms68 on 29.03.2009 at 18:35

Written by Bad English on 29.03.2009 at 18:27

Isnt it simmilar like this
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1836

only in 3 albums

If there is simmilar pool/tread then staff lock those who's simmilar
----

29.03.2009 - 19:38
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
My vote goes to Dark Tranquillitys "The Gallery". It's one of my all time favourites and it's simply perfect imo
29.03.2009 - 19:40
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ms68 on 29.03.2009 at 18:36

u can write about your favorite album here but don't complain why that isn't here

i wrote about my fav but what i wanted to say is that a poll should never miss the option "other".
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
29.03.2009 - 22:49
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 29.03.2009 at 19:40

i wrote about my fav but what i wanted to say is that a poll should never miss the option "other".

IMO most polls would do MUCH better without it since it often makes the polls worthless. If you're gonna have an "other" option you might quite often just not make a poll and just start a regular topic. I can see why it might be good to have it in some cases, but usually it's IMO a bad idea since it puts the polls out of perspective.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
29.03.2009 - 22:53
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 29.03.2009 at 22:49

IMO most polls would do MUCH better without it since it often makes the polls worthless. If you're gonna have an "other" option you might quite often just not make a poll and just start a regular topic. I can see why it might be good to have it in some cases, but usually it's IMO a bad idea since it puts the polls out of perspective.

i've almost never seen the option "other" to have the most votes in a poll. as i remember at least. if you make a poll and there are options that you CAN NOT mention (ms68 said that he had only 9 options) then you put an "other" option. this is my opinion oufcourse...
----
29.03.2009 - 23:00
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 29.03.2009 at 22:53

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 29.03.2009 at 22:49

i've almost never seen the option "other" to have the most votes in a poll. as i remember at least. if you make a poll and there are options that you CAN NOT mention (ms68 said that he had only 9 options) then you put an "other" option. this is my opinion oufcourse...

Well yeah sometimes the other option is good. There are also times when it just makes the poll worthless though. It's basically voting for anything in the world so it often makes it so that the results don't give you that much information, and that's what I dislike with it. It's like having a poll about "whioch of x bands do you like the best" and you have a bunch of people voting for "other" the result get all screwed up. I pretty much never vote "other" unless all options suck balls, or I feel something VERY important and closely related is missing. Basically, the number of people voting other just tell you if the poll sucks or not, and that's the only info it gives I think.
----
31.03.2009 - 00:00
ms68

I don't know what the meaning of “Other” in polls is. Maybe you like a Melodeath album very much that isn't here but be sure about it that here there are albums that I estimated they have more than 10% chance to be in top. I think "Other" option is only using for convince voters and hasn't any use in result of poll. I'm sure that if "Other" be here it will be in bottom then what is its use and even if “Other” be on top don't you think that it seems stupid? Like:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=14140 or
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1535
----
31.03.2009 - 01:22
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I voted for (With Oden On Our Side) also The Jester Race is one of my favorites
31.03.2009 - 07:34
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ms68 on 31.03.2009 at 00:00

I don't know what the meaning of “Other” in polls is. Maybe you like a Melodeath album very much that isn't here but be sure about it that here there are albums that I estimated they have more than 10% chance to be in top. I think "Other" option is only using for convince voters and hasn't any use in result of poll. I'm sure that if "Other" be here it will be in bottom then what is its use and even if “Other” be on top don't you think that it seems stupid? Like:

well i don't have any , ANY problem with you but when you see many votes in the "other" option then it means that most people who voted for the poll are not happy with the options offered to them. this can happen because you can not offer them more options, because you cannot choose the right options, or because you want to offer them these options because of personal reasons (because you only like these "bands" for example). when there can be "other" options then IMO someone SHOULD give "the other" option. except you say for example: i like these 9 gothenburg albums, and want to vote only for them because it is MY FAVORITE list and want to see how much other people like them.
----
31.03.2009 - 11:10
ms68
Written by Deadmeat on 31.03.2009 at 07:34

Written by ms68 on 31.03.2009 at 00:00

well i don't have any , ANY problem with you but when you see many votes in the "other" option then it means that most people who voted for the poll are not happy with the options offered to them. this can happen because you can not offer them more options, because you cannot choose the right options, or because you want to offer them these options because of personal reasons (because you only like these "bands" for example). when there can be "other" options then IMO someone SHOULD give "the other" option. except you say for example: i like these 9 gothenburg albums, and want to vote only for them because it is MY FAVORITE list and want to see how much other people like them.

i said in first post at the first sentence that "These albums have been seIected from Top 100 Gothenburg metal albums of this website". they are not seleced only by my taste. now i want to know what your favorite album is that you wanted to vote to "Other" instead of that.
----
31.03.2009 - 14:13
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ms68 on 31.03.2009 at 11:10

i said in first post at the first sentence that "These albums have been seIected from Top 100 Gothenburg metal albums of this website". they are not seleced only by my taste. now i want to know what your favorite album is that you wanted to vote to "Other" instead of that.

right, as i said if it was only your fav albums i would't have "problem" because i'd respect that you want just an opinion on your fav stuff.

well, about my fav i don't know for sure there are many that i could vote for. Heartwork - Carcass, Fiction - Dark Tranquillity, Inhumanity - Mors Principium Est, Communion or Summerian Daemons - Septicflesh, i know i does not "belong" but it is much melodic: Symbolic - Death. I know that only the first 2-3 can be Officialy called mel death but IMO the other I mentioned are also very good Death metal albums filled with a lot of melody.
What's yours also????
----
31.03.2009 - 19:36
ms68
Written by Deadmeat on 31.03.2009 at 14:13

Written by ms68 on 31.03.2009 at 11:10

right, as i said if it was only your fav albums i would't have "problem" because i'd respect that you want just an opinion on your fav stuff.

well, about my fav i don't know for sure there are many that i could vote for. Heartwork - Carcass, Fiction - Dark Tranquillity, Inhumanity - Mors Principium Est, Communion or Summerian Daemons - Septicflesh, i know i does not "belong" but it is much melodic: Symbolic - Death. I know that only the first 2-3 can be Officialy called mel death but IMO the other I mentioned are also very good Death metal albums filled with a lot of melody.
What's yours also????

dark tranquillity - the gallery
dark tranquillity - damage done
dark tranquillity - character
in flames - colony

i really love this albums from options. but i voted for the gallery.
----
01.04.2009 - 13:12
Brave
Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side
Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
02.04.2009 - 11:10
ms68
Written by Brave on 01.04.2009 at 13:12

Wintersun - Wintersun

i don't consider wintersun as a melodeath album. just influence from melodeath.
----
02.04.2009 - 15:42
Brave
Written by ms68 on 02.04.2009 at 11:10

Written by Brave on 01.04.2009 at 13:12

Wintersun - Wintersun

i don't consider wintersun as a melodeath album. just influence from melodeath.

Hmmm... ur right i better write more likely melodic death album... sorry for write on here this album
02.04.2009 - 16:14
T_s_T
Jester Race of course!!!Amon Amarth runners up Not just because I'm a really big Flames fan,but because I think JR symbolises the whole Gothenburg scene and is emblematic for its time.
06.04.2009 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok from list I say like this:

1)Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
2)At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
3)DT - I cant pic up on because my fav is Projector
4)Insomnium
5)AE

but there many other good albums in genre so
like:
Ceremonial Oath - The Book of Truth and Carpet
A Canorous Quintet - Silence of the World Beyond, The Only Pure Hate
Without Grief - Deflower
Godgory - Sea of Dreams, Shadow's Dance
Hypocrite - Edge Of Existence and Into The Halls Of The Blind

All At The Gates albums, all Eucharist, Amon Amarth, Dt, AE, some Hyprocrysy to all even fiew Sentenced can be as melo death/got those was mainly old school forgotten Swe Melo death bands, but in Germany there is fiew good bands to like Burden of Grief, Behind the Scenery, eth and they had realised good albums

So I not vote becaus ethere isnt other because from my all time fav melo death is Neglected Fields - ''Mepfisto Letonica''

But better try hera those fiew forgotten swedish bands what I gav eto you

But dont forgot about bands from Lulea(place where i live ) there was good melo death/gotheburg bands to like
Gates of Ishtar, The Everdawn, and The Moaning and each album from band is Masterpiece
----

14.04.2009 - 00:53
Glower
With Oden On Our Side, no doubt.

Evergrey is a Gothenburg band as well, at least one of their albums should have been a choice I think.
14.04.2009 - 01:06
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 06.04.2009 at 01:33

So I not vote becaus ethere isnt other because from my all time fav melo death is Neglected Fields - ''Mepfisto Letonica''

Yeah, that's a good one. But they were playing technical death metal, no? And yes, I know they're melodic.

Anyway, from the mentioned ones I would pick Dark Tranquillity's "Character"... though "With Oden On Our Side" by Amon Amarth was pretty enjoyable as well.
14.04.2009 - 02:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 14.04.2009 at 01:06

Written by Bad English on 06.04.2009 at 01:33

Yeah, that's a good one. But they were playing technical death metal, no? And yes, I know they're melodic.

Its half n half ,
----

15.04.2009 - 00:32
ms68
I don't believe amon amarth at top. we have 3 albums of dark tranquillity here.
----
16.07.2009 - 17:41
Jan Destiny
Voted For Wages Of Sin...
----
"Fiction is the truth inside the lie" (Stephen King)
22.07.2009 - 02:00
wormdrink414
Elite
Amon Amarth is the only Gothenburg band I can stand.
23.07.2009 - 16:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Tough choice. Let me think about it for a while.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram