Metal Storm logo
Negură Bunget

17.05.2006 - 20:05
Damnated
Churchburner
The best band in Romania, and one of my favorite ones, Negura Bunget manages to make a very good folk influenced black metal. Their best album IMO is N'Crugu Bradului, it has very good lyrics (although in Romanian, at [URL=http://darklyrics.com]DarkLyrics[/URL] you can find the translations), and very high quality instrumentations. The interesting thing about this band is, that it's well known outside Romania, but beyond borders, it's very unknown, even in the BM world.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

17.05.2006 - 20:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band and I like them werry muc, even I dont understand some lyrics, but I think its best Romanian metal band, and I dounlooud from home page video of them and nature Romanian nature was amazing?

BTW are they from Cluj?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.05.2006 - 20:38
Sinsanity
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 17.05.2006 at 20:05

The interesting thing about this band is, that it's well known outside Romania, but beyond borders, it's very unknown, even in the BM world.

@Damnated - Are you suggesting that they are not very known in Romania ? (that phrase is pretty ambiguous) On the contrary, I'm sure that every one claiming to be within the BM movement in Romania has heard about Negura Bunget. What is indeed strange, is that they seem to have concerts all over in Europe, except Romania...

@Kariasakis7 - They're from Timisoara.
17.05.2006 - 20:45
Sinsanity
Account deleted
A lot of concerts ? Like 5 concerts in 5 years, is not so much...ok, let's say...10 concerts in 5 years, and I still doubt it...
17.05.2006 - 20:58
Sinsanity
Account deleted
Where ?
17.05.2006 - 21:00
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=7420] on 17.05.2006 at 20:38

The interesting thing about this band is, that it's well known outside Romania, but beyond borders, it's very unknown, even in the BM world.

@Damnated - Are you suggesting that they are not very known in Romania ? (that phrase is pretty ambiguous) On the contrary, I'm sure that every one claiming to be within the BM movement in Romania has heard about Negura Bunget. What is indeed strange, is that they seem to have concerts all over in Europe, except Romania...

Yes, I'm saying this. They more known in other countries then here. I mean when I first heard about them it was an a forum like MetalStorm (not a Romanian one). The concert thing is pretty simple IMO: if they play live outside Romania they get more recognition.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

17.05.2006 - 21:02
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=7420] on 17.05.2006 at 20:58

Where ?

In this year, I think they'll play on the Metal Fest in Bucarest, and that's all what I know of. There are plenty of shows on wich they could perform, but why? Here, everybody shits on talents, so they can't make it here.
----

17.05.2006 - 21:26
Damnated
Churchburner
They never been to Targu Mures, that's for shure, and not coming to the Peninsula so I dunno what to say.
----

17.05.2006 - 21:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=7420] on 17.05.2006 at 20:38

@Kariasakis7 - They're from Timisoara.

Where is this town? In Trasilvania?
Maybe you say what football team are in that town, I know in witch place of map of Romania are this town?
----

17.05.2006 - 23:58
Damnated
Churchburner
@K7 Timisoara is in the west of Romania,as you can see above
----

18.05.2006 - 00:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its naar Serbia I Cerno Gore
Haw you seen them video "vazduh" what it means, I know in Russian its eman air

In witch part of Romania are this video made
----

18.05.2006 - 08:53
Valar
IndianSteel
Negura Bunget is a very good band, not one of my fav Black Metal band but still they have lots of talent. From Transylvanian Forest ther first album (Demo) is my fav among the albums which i hv heard i.e 'n Crugu Bradului and Malastru Sfetnic.
Lookin Foward to there new album "OM".
Lot More interested in this album cause OM is a religious word In Hinduism and i am wondering if this album has nay sort of connections with Hindu Mythology or Religion??
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
18.05.2006 - 16:32
Damnated
Churchburner
Vazduh means sky.
----

19.05.2006 - 13:13
Gelu
Account deleted
Negura Bunget are the only thing I' m proud of in my coutry's history since the revolution in '89 and in my country's musical history since Phoenix ( that's a "folk-rock" band from the late '60s to '70s...mp3 here>> frati.sapte.ro/phoenixamintirecuhaiduci.mp3).

Personal favorites:
1.Maiastru Sfetnic
2.Zirnindu-sa
3.N crugu Bradului
4. Sala Molksa=From Transilvanian Forest
19.05.2006 - 20:49
L S Death
Account deleted
I have the album 'N Crugu Bradului and there are parts that I enjoy, but also parts I don't. They have a very different approach to black metal, one that is taking some time to get used to.
20.05.2006 - 19:34
Damnated
Churchburner
I don't agree, they play a rather primitive form of black metal, just listen to the earlier albums!
----

20.05.2006 - 22:58
Sinsanity
Account deleted
They do have a different approach to black metal. What's wrong with that ? I think that, partly, is that which give them their originality.

How did you got to this conclusion anyway ? I thought you said they play folk influenced Black Metal...
21.05.2006 - 13:13
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Ive got 'N Crugu Bradului and i still cant work out if i like em or not...
21.05.2006 - 15:43
Sinsanity
Account deleted
What's certain is that releases previous to 'n Crugu Bradului are different. My favorite remains, I guess, Maiastru Sfetnic, and that one is the one I could recommend you, eventually.
21.05.2006 - 17:28
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=7420] on 21.05.2006 at 15:43

What's certain is that releases previous to 'n Crugu Bradului are different.

I agree, these previous works are very simple BM, sometimes even boring, with long tracks, and ambient sounds.
----

22.05.2006 - 06:44
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by akatana on 18.05.2006 at 09:06

I don't think so ... OM means human in romanian .. but who knows .. on their ideological zine there is an article on traditional civilizations where the hindu religion is mentioned (http://www.negura.com/ )

Yeah mebbe then it means Human but still i will chk the new release, there music is good aint it
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
22.05.2006 - 09:03
Gelu
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 21.05.2006 at 17:28

Written by [user id=7420] on 21.05.2006 at 15:43

What's certain is that releases previous to 'n Crugu Bradului are different.

I agree, these previous works are very simple BM, sometimes even boring, with long tracks, and ambient sounds.

well , I find nothing boring. But I agree that N crugu is more folk-ish than the others but not as if is the only one.
20.08.2006 - 01:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damnated I just wanna know something
Sleeping Sun once told that lyrics ha sin old romanian and she cant understrand something from those lyrics, you understand them, I eman are thay realy in old romanian and some song titles isn not posible translate like band name, what menas ban name in english?
----

20.08.2006 - 22:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by akatana on 20.08.2006 at 08:46

most of the lyrics are in old romanian ..negura means fog and bunget means forest

Are you from Romania?, in your prifiel your location has sad Swizerland St. Galen, and your pics, you're whit one girl who is from Romania too

How big diferencies are between old and nowdays romanian?
----

20.08.2006 - 22:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by akatana on 20.08.2006 at 22:14

yes , I am originally from romania and now living in switzerland, and yes the girl is a very close friend of mine from romania. unfortunately we meet pretty little in the recent time.

IT is a big difference, some words have survived but most were either erased or partially imported into the latin language to form modern romanian language which also has other influences like slavic, german,turkish,greek,hungarian etc.

The old language was that of the dacic tribes before and during the roman occupation of 106.

I saw one more romanian girl pic, in old town I dunnno where, and this place was great, in pic.
Seems Romania are place where ancient spirit and medieval stories and farytells still live for real, and that kind a places are dying, and I like Romania, food, wine, landscapes, and girls

I know only 4 worlds in romanian

Probobly you understand almoust all roman langauges

Sorry fro out of topic
----

21.08.2006 - 04:29
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Interesting band. I like them. Proves that Romania has interesting BM bands.
21.08.2006 - 12:39
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 20.08.2006 at 01:56

Sleeping Sun once told that lyrics ha sin old romanian and she cant understrand something from those lyrics, you understand them, I eman are thay realy in old romanian and some song titles isn not posible translate like band name, what menas ban name in english?

As taka said, the lyrics are in old romanian, and are very hard to understand. When I was interested in the lyrics of 'N Crugu Bradului I first read the english translations
----

21.08.2006 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 21.08.2006 at 12:39

As taka said, the lyrics are in old romanian, and are very hard to understand. When I was interested in the lyrics of 'N Crugu Bradului I first read the english translations

but then where thay learn it, its easy in nowdays finf people who speek in old romanian?
----

21.08.2006 - 14:01
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 21.08.2006 at 13:43

Written by Damnated on 21.08.2006 at 12:39

but then where thay learn it, its easy in nowdays finf people who speek in old romanian?

I guess there are some books wich contain these lost words. By its easy in nowdays finf people who speek in old romanian? what did you mean? I didn't got it.
----

21.08.2006 - 14:12
abraxas
Account deleted
yep, very interesting band/album, i quite enjoy their earlier releases as well. hopefully om will not disappoint because i thought their last ep was a rather weak effort compared to the mastery displayed on n'crugu bradului...