Metal Storm logo
Visions Of Atlantis

10.06.2007 - 06:11
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Good Symphonic metal band, I started to listen to their stuff a few weeks ago and I kinda got into them. Very symphonic band, its totaly focused on operatic vocals, a female soprano and a male tenor (corect me if Im wrong.)

What you all think about them?
----
10.06.2007 - 11:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i like their song Lost very much

but from what i have heard from them i am affraid they don't have any kind of invention in their songs...just another symphonic-power band on the wave of Nightwish (that definitely doesn't mean they are bad - this is the great genre of music, just that they aren't too much "self"...)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.06.2007 - 16:40
Ernis
狼獾
I've listened to the band's older stuff and well....it's good...it isn't bad....but I don't like it very much...the main reason here is that they are nothing more than "poor guy's Nightwish"....indeed....just a tacky Nightwish.....I don't say that what they do is bad, but the style and everything in their music seems to be a bit diluted form of Nightwish.....the pervious singer had a voice that resembled Tarja, but was less impressive....
Now I have a bit more hope because they got a new singer, Melissa Ferlaak from Aesma Daeva....and well....her singing is amazing...I have always loved her work with Aesma Daeva...I'm, however, a bit sad that she switched bands....Aesma Daeva has a distinguished style....while VoA has always born more the "another symphonic female fronted band" charateristics.....I now heard their new stuff recorded with Melissa and it was good indeed....definitely they have improved for Melissa has put quite a lot of herself in it....I simply like her voice much more than of the previous singer.....but...I must admit that I still liked Melissa more singing AD songs....
All in all...Visions are good band....they just haven't surprised me with anything special....
10.06.2007 - 17:43
Lupas
Maximus
^ but do you listen to their new album ? they have made a huge step up into their music. I agree that they are not Nightwish but no one wants to be another like band. every band have something that is new , something that differ from each other genre bands. I highly recomend this last album Called Trinity
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
10.06.2007 - 17:51
Etaín
I like the new album with Melissa, she's a decent singer atleast. I never liked the stuff before cuz i couldnt stand that singer. Omg, she was just plain awful! Im so glad they ditched her. I mean ... it was pure suffering for my ears! xD

Mellissa was really good for Aesma Daeva, was totally her style it seemed. On the new album it seems that she's not used to singing to this kind of music yet, but that will probably improve
10.06.2007 - 23:23
Bitch Boy
All of their albums are really enjoyable, but they've clearly improved their sound, from a very melodic one to a more powerful now. I like both of their vocalists: former voice Nicole Bogner and now Melissa Ferlaak. They've got really good voices.
11.06.2007 - 14:50
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Lupas on 10.06.2007 at 17:43

^ but do you listen to their new album ? they have made a huge step up into their music. I agree that they are not Nightwish but no one wants to be another like band. every band have something that is new , something that differ from each other genre bands. I highly recomend this last album Called Trinity

I said...I heard one song form the new album...and I also saw their live video where they sang "Send Me A Light"...one of their older songs....they sang it with Melissa and it was good...I like her much more than the previous singer Nicole....I agree that they have made a huge step indeed because Melissa is a singer with a strong background and with a fine voice...and she's pretty too...I believe so that they will develop now....Melissa has her own experiences too and I believe she will use these in her new works with VoA.....
13.06.2007 - 04:18
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Hey guys i have only heard their older music... I bought cast Away years ago and i really didn't like it... Is the new singer worth a listen?
13.06.2007 - 06:12
Bitch Boy
Written by [user id=5315] on 13.06.2007 at 04:18

Hey guys i have only heard their older music... I bought cast Away years ago and i really didn't like it... Is the new singer worth a listen?

Sure she is. And the new album is much better not only because of her, but because it has a heavier and stronger sound.
13.06.2007 - 08:54
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 13.06.2007 at 06:12

Written by [user id=5315] on 13.06.2007 at 04:18

Sure she is. And the new album is much better not only because of her, but because it has a heavier and stronger sound.

I might give them another try... because musically i didn't mind them... It was just... Nicole, she sounded like a pug trying to bark
13.06.2007 - 16:10
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I think that they sound a lot like early Nightwish (Angels Fall First,) and this new vocalist is much better than the old one
----
13.06.2007 - 21:58
Etaín
@\Frost/bitten: I know the feeling. Believe me, the new one is loads better
14.06.2007 - 02:22
Ernis
狼獾
Of course it's better.....they have got Melissa now....and Melissa is awesome....already know her from Aesma Daeva....besides, she also seems to be a professional tutor herself for I once saw a video where she was giving singing lessons.....
14.06.2007 - 20:32
Bitch Boy
Melissa is a very good vocalist, that's undeniable. But Nicole Bogner wasn't that bad I really appreciate her job in "Cast Away".
14.06.2007 - 20:55
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The band is quite good, but yeah, they're really similar to Nightwish, which means that the band is unoriginal, but I think that the lyrical themes are different. And honestly, I'm confused about Melissa and Nicole, is Melissa the singer in the albums "Cast Away" and "Eternal Endless Infinity" ?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
14.06.2007 - 21:01
Bitch Boy
Written by The Alchemist on 14.06.2007 at 20:55

The band is quite good, but yeah, they're really similar to Nightwish, which means that the band is unoriginal, but I think that the lyrical themes are different. And honestly, I'm confused about Melissa and Nicole, is Melissa the singer in the albums "Cast Away" and "Eternal Endless Infinity" ?

No. Nicole was the voice in "Cast Away" and "Eternal Endless Infinity", and left the band in 2005. Melissa came to the band to replace Nicole, and she is the voice in "Trinity".
14.06.2007 - 21:10
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I see, so, I should listen to "Trinity"
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
15.06.2007 - 01:48
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I really dont find this band too inspiring. Their first album had some ok stuff, but come on, the male singer in Cast Away? The song Lost? What a joke!

Their are other outstanding bands in this genre that have a similar yet far more original technique than them, like Edenbridge, Magica, Nightwish etc.
15.06.2007 - 18:47
Etaín
Written by Dark Cornatus on 15.06.2007 at 01:48

I really dont find this band too inspiring. Their first album had some ok stuff, but come on, the male singer in Cast Away? The song Lost? What a joke!

Their are other outstanding bands in this genre that have a similar yet far more original technique than them, like Edenbridge, Magica, Nightwish etc.

Have you already heard Trinity, Matt?
16.06.2007 - 04:35
4look4rd
The Sasquatch

Yeah, I think that they are a generic band (nothing that special about them) but I still enjoy some of their songs
----
17.06.2007 - 00:48
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Etaín on 15.06.2007 at 18:47

No, Im only judging from what ive heard at this stage. Seeing as that Mario guy is still in the band im sure i wont like it, probably a worse singer than Tuomas from Nightwish.
17.06.2007 - 01:07
Etaín
That is just not possible! Ive only heard Trinity, dont have enough courage to listen a while album with Nicole. But the male vocals on Trinity arent bad imo, i liked it
17.06.2007 - 01:13
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Dark Cornatus on 17.06.2007 at 00:48

No, Im only judging from what ive heard at this stage. Seeing as that Mario guy is still in the band im sure i wont like it, probably a worse singer than Tuomas from Nightwish.

Tuomas sings? Well...I've never heard him singing....
17.06.2007 - 01:26
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Ernis on 17.06.2007 at 01:13

Written by Dark Cornatus on 17.06.2007 at 00:48

Tuomas sings? Well...I've never heard him singing....

You have heard the album Angels Fall First havent you? Beauty And The Beast and The Carpenter?
17.06.2007 - 01:40
Ernis
狼獾
I haven't you see.....I have only about 10 to twenty song of Nightwish....Of course I have heard more songs but only for brief times for my old computer didn't have the capacity to house all the music I wanted...(9 GB hard drive space....for music just a part of it....)...sad fact is....I may know a band....but I don't have their music....
17.06.2007 - 20:51
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Ernis on 17.06.2007 at 01:40

I haven't you see.....I have only about 10 to twenty song of Nightwish....Of course I have heard more songs but only for brief times for my old computer didn't have the capacity to house all the music I wanted...(9 GB hard drive space....for music just a part of it....)...sad fact is....I may know a band....but I don't have their music....

Ouch, 9GB hard drive sucks man.... I probably would not survive without my 50GBs of music =P
----
17.06.2007 - 21:10
Ernis
狼獾
Written by 4look4rd on 17.06.2007 at 20:51

Ouch, 9GB hard drive sucks man.... I probably would not survive without my 50GBs of music =P

I purchased a laptop which has somewhat bigger capacity...now I can and I will get more music...I think VoA will also find it's place there....
18.06.2007 - 02:57
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Ernis on 17.06.2007 at 21:10

Written by 4look4rd on 17.06.2007 at 20:51

I purchased a laptop which has somewhat bigger capacity...now I can and I will get more music...I think VoA will also find it's place there....

Awesome =D lol be sure to at some Manowar to it xD
----
18.06.2007 - 04:42
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Etaín on 17.06.2007 at 01:07

That is just not possible! Ive only heard Trinity, dont have enough courage to listen a while album with Nicole. But the male vocals on Trinity arent bad imo, i liked it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlPepwSWtts

For example, in this song Marios singing at 0:24 in. I mean.... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!!! lol. Its not just this song, but this is definatly the worst for me..IT IS POSSIBLE haha. Well i have heard Trinity... but yeh...
18.06.2007 - 19:54
Ernis
狼獾
Indeed....all in all "Lost" is a nice song but it's a bit plain....the vocals of Nicole are a bit too weak...and well....thing we can't help....the guy does sing with a boy-band voice....