Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
25.07.2008 - 00:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 25.07.2008 at 00:38

Written by Bad English on 25.07.2008 at 00:31

Written by VPeter on 24.07.2008 at 17:51

A curse wich sadly seems to happen with most 80 bands.

Iron Maiden one sold 81 000 tickets in Ulevi(A.K.A Scandinavium) stadion in Geteborg 4 years ago

fuck! 81000 tickets... but nothing compares to the Rock in Rio 2001 show when they played to 1.000.000 people or so(but probably 'only' 100.000 for the night when maiden and halford played), or the Monsters of Rock show in moscow in 1991, also about 1.000.000 people(but let's face it: Ac/Dc and Metallica live in the same show? "@russia omgwtfhax" )

1991 isnt 2005 or 2004
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2008 - 00:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 25.07.2008 at 00:43

Written by Valentin B on 25.07.2008 at 00:38

Iron Maiden one sold 81 000 tickets in Ulevi(A.K.A Scandinavium) stadion in Geteborg 4 years ago

fuck! 81000 tickets... but nothing compares to the Rock in Rio 2001 show when they played to 1.000.000 people or so(but probably 'only' 100.000 for the night when maiden and halford played), or the Monsters of Rock show in moscow in 1991, also about 1.000.000 people(but let's face it: Ac/Dc and Metallica live in the same show? "@russia omgwtfhax" )

1991 isnt 2005 or 2004

yeah but i remembered that people say that was the biggest metal show ever or something, that thing about the 81000 tickets reminded me of that lol.
25.07.2008 - 01:10
VPeter

sorry, I had to mention that I was talking about the recent albums and in all honesty wich maiden fans likes the recent one's over the powerslave and a bunch? Maiden als barely changed it is just the same stuff over and over again, at least Judas Priest did something new ith nostradamus eventough not really a good one.
25.07.2008 - 01:53
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by VPeter on 25.07.2008 at 01:10

sorry, I had to mention that I was talking about the recent albums and in all honesty wich maiden fans likes the recent one's over the powerslave and a bunch? Maiden als barely changed it is just the same stuff over and over again, at least Judas Priest did something new ith nostradamus eventough not really a good one.

You're brave. I'm just waiting for the rabid Maiden freaks to read this...

BTW, I love Powerslave and Brave New World equally. So I guess that I might count as one of "fanciful" fans that ranks newer Maiden with older Maiden.

On topic: I JUST CAN'T GET INTO NOSTRADAMUS NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY. I've even tried caffeine pills to keep myself awake through that snooze-fest!
25.07.2008 - 09:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Gordon Freeman on 25.07.2008 at 00:17

How are album sales (for both new and old Priest albums) today compared to what they were in the 80's?

Album sales are down for a band as Priest as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.07.2008 - 18:07
Gordon Freeman
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.07.2008 at 09:53

Written by Gordon Freeman on 25.07.2008 at 00:17

How are album sales (for both new and old Priest albums) today compared to what they were in the 80's?

Album sales are down for a band as Priest as well.

Well...there you have it.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
20.08.2008 - 10:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wow, i just remembered what a great show they put on, i have to commend their live sound, especially Scott's drums sound EPIC..

i remember when Dissident Aggressor's intro ended i let out the most insane scream ever and looked back to see if anyone was screaming, and there was just one other dude lol i was quite annoying to the people beside me.. i screamed out every single word to all the songs
10.09.2008 - 18:08
Judas
The Amputator
Just saw them now, was a good show, I was most pleased with the setlist though it was clear that we were watching a band well past their prime. Still, they gave many a glimpse of what once was, and for us mere mortals that was enough! Ticket sales were most disappointing though, I don't think they sold even half as many tickets as Iron Maiden did when they came.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
14.09.2008 - 21:20
Iron Priest
Written by Judas on 10.09.2008 at 18:08

I don't think they sold even half as many tickets as Iron Maiden did when they came.

I've always believed that IM has had better marketing and exposure, resulting in them being known by more people all over the world.

look at their merchandise for fuck sakes. Come on.. Maiden mug coasters, wine stopper, and glo sticks.

Maiden have always been whores. the only thing I would buy from them (besides cds) is a go with steves daughter haha. seriously shes smokin
23.09.2008 - 12:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the Nostradamus tour is approaching and i don't think they would be able to pull it all off, like acting, singing, etc. at the same time, maybe if they had actors and they appeared at certain key points in the show, all the while playing the instruments in the back or something. it seems too much, especially for their age. should be REALLY interesting to see the whole stage show though. Halford said he wants "as much theatricality as possible"
26.09.2008 - 22:09
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 23.09.2008 at 12:30

the Nostradamus tour is approaching and i don't think they would be able to pull it all off, like acting, singing, etc. at the same time, maybe if they had actors and they appeared at certain key points in the show, all the while playing the instruments in the back or something. it seems too much, especially for their age. should be REALLY interesting to see the whole stage show though. Halford said he wants "as much theatricality as possible"

For some some reason, all I can hear right now is the word "PRETENTIOUS" being screamed into my ears...
26.09.2008 - 22:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.09.2008 at 22:09

For some some reason, all I can hear right now is the word "PRETENTIOUS" being screamed into my ears...

well, at least Halford can still scream in that case
27.09.2008 - 01:09
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 26.09.2008 at 22:40

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.09.2008 at 22:09

well, at least Halford can still scream in that case

I guess that's all that matters.
15.10.2008 - 12:21
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
yeeeh i cant stop playing the "Nostradamus" track over and over again. that song only from that album. thats the sad part...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.10.2008 - 18:10
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Wuhu just bought tickets for their DK show next spring with Megadeth and Testament. It will be grand
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.11.2008 - 01:49
Freyya
I went to the concert in Bogotá and it was awesome, too sad they just played for an hour and a half ...but it doesn't matter cause I never thought they were coming for real...and Halford's voice is so damn powerful!!
My fav songs were Sinner and Painkiller...the show was great, just two songs missed: Living after midnight and Blood red skies...
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
11.11.2008 - 12:23
Baz Anderson
Staff
I hope they get back into playing "Living After Midnight" on this next tour they are doing at the beginning of next year. That is one song I have to hear live.
11.11.2008 - 13:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by GT on 17.10.2008 at 18:10

Wuhu just bought tickets for their DK show next spring with Megadeth and Testament. It will be grand

Man, Priest really know how to put stacked-up lineups together. Some big bands seem to only want to tour with shit bands so their reception will be better. But just look at the last tour as a grand example of one of the greatest bills ever set up: Priest, Heaven & Hell, Motorhead, Testament...good god, whats next? Priest and Maiden with Saxon and Motorhead opening?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.11.2008 - 13:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2008 at 13:11

good god, whats next? Priest and Maiden with Saxon and Motorhead opening?

imagine this: a HUGE stage, with both Priest and Maiden's equipment. Priest starts the show and finish up with You've Got Another Thing Comin'. but after 2-3 minutes Maiden comes on the stage and both bands(11 guys in total, lol) play a Tears Of The Dragon-Aces High-2 Minutes To Midnight medley... that would be... epic.
11.11.2008 - 19:25
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 11.11.2008 at 13:59

imagine this: a HUGE stage, with both Priest and Maiden's equipment. Priest starts the show and finish up with You've Got Another Thing Comin'. but after 2-3 minutes Maiden comes on the stage and both bands(11 guys in total, lol) play a Tears Of The Dragon-Aces High-2 Minutes To Midnight medley... that would be... epic.

This must be the dream you had last night, right?
11.11.2008 - 19:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.11.2008 at 19:25

nah, last night i dreamt i was a pimple-faced bum with not a care in the world.. and then i woke up and realised it was true

also, what i described would classify as a "wet dream" LOL
15.11.2008 - 21:10
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 11.11.2008 at 19:43

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.11.2008 at 19:25

nah, last night i dreamt i was a pimple-faced bum with not a care in the world.. and then i woke up and realised it was true

also, what i described would classify as a "wet dream" LOL

It takes a real man to admit that he has wet dreams... about metal rockstars...
16.11.2008 - 07:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Of course Saxon and Motorhead would open. Tickets would only cost a fiver (for your personal roped off section at front and center for you and your friends), beer would be free, there would be no douchebags who don't deserve to be there, all the women would be super model material, and after the show Lemmy, Biff, Dickinson, and of course Halford would invite you and only you backstage after the show for pizza and discussions about life & music. These are the things I fantasize about when the the power goes out in my house.

But in all seriousness, seeing those big 4 names in the classic NWOBHM scene share a stage could possibly result in the biggest and most successful concert of all time (not including festivals)....a man can dream.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.11.2008 - 13:36
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Doc G. on 16.11.2008 at 07:46

Of course Saxon and Motorhead would open. Tickets would only cost a fiver (for your personal roped off section at front and center for you and your friends), beer would be free, there would be no douchebags who don't deserve to be there, all the women would be super model material, and after the show Lemmy, Biff, Dickinson, and of course Halford would invite you and only you backstage after the show for pizza and discussions about life & music. These are the things I fantasize about when the the power goes out in my house.

But in all seriousness, seeing those big 4 names in the classic NWOBHM scene share a stage could possibly result in the biggest and most successful concert of all time (not including festivals)....a man can dream.

Sign me up It would be one of the biggest concerts you can possibly think/dream of if you're into NWOBHM for sure
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.11.2008 - 21:00
Lord TJ
I would fucking kill for all that Dr. Rock haha. That would be one very good day indeed.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
10.12.2008 - 08:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
On Sunday i watched Rising in The East again, it's pretty good, my only complaint is that KK's guitar is turned way too low, wtf is up with that?? it's not like "well he's a crappy guitarist, so we'll cover up any mistakes he makes by turning the volume down"
04.01.2009 - 09:56
mortjoyeux
Gahh my love for priest is resurfacing.
I've been blasting my top three favourite songs nonstop lately.
take these chains, hell patrol and the sentinel FUCKIN AMAZING
06.01.2009 - 03:45
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by mortjoyeux on 04.01.2009 at 09:56

... take these chains, hell patrol and the sentinel FUCKIN AMAZING

To say that The Sentinel is EPIC would be a serious UNDERSTATEMENT. Seriously, that song makes me want to kick ass in the name of metal EVERY time I hear it. Come to think of it, Jawbreaker makes me feel the same way too. Fucking
19.02.2009 - 20:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What's with all the people whining that their show in Nottingham got canceled? Priest stops like every 20 km when they're touring England, they're like "hey, there's like 40 villages between Manchester and London... we should do a gig in all of them!".. just fucking suck it up, refund your goddam ticket and pay the 5 pound train trip to the next town(where the show isn't sold out and you can still buy the ticket even at the gates).. there are those of us who would gladly follow them for at least 3 gigs!!
23.02.2009 - 17:06
seely
Account deleted
^ I was gonna go to the nottingham gig, and was so gutted that they cancelled (And they had Megadeth supporting which was a double blow), and even though the other places aren't that far away, that day was the one i booked off to see them, and couldn't change it when they cancelled, meaning i couldnt get to one of the other shows.

Oh well, i've got their albums, it'll do till next time round

Awesome band all the same