Metal Storm logo
How often do you play?

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 12.11.2007 - 21:57
I play sometimes, I use to play majority of the time. Being with friends, girlfriend, and the computer all distracts me from playing.

But then again I can't put a band together her for anything! Nobody is good enough for metal! So its not like I have something to prove out here. Im not so bad of a player though. I am kinda getting back up to playing majority of the time. I need to change my strings first!

Poll

How often do you play your instrument?

Majority of the time
Sometimes
All the time
Rarely

Total votes: 113
18.12.2007 - 08:23
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Sometimes, but metalstorm keeps me far for practice haha
18.12.2007 - 12:48
Smurfophagist
Written by [user id=27150] on 17.12.2007 at 18:32

I play sometimes... I haven't got enough time left when I come home. Unfortunately.
And mostly I'm bored playing songs I already played hundreds of times. I just feel like playing new songs on the weekend (because of my time to learn something new).
I think I just need a band again then it'd all be better.

It's been the same for me for some time now. But I started playing a lot again, got a new band (well actually, I'm playing with the same drummer, but got a new bass player and a new guitar player) . These two new guys are a lot older than I am, and they are experienced musicians, so we will finally get to play something a little more challenging.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
18.12.2007 - 20:13
Lord TJ
I am now starting to push myself into playing, all I really do anymore is stay on the computer doing whatever it is that I do.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
29.12.2007 - 00:45
Hellsing
Every Saturday, but at this moment at least twice a week, working hard to record the first album with my band.
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
04.01.2008 - 00:29
juanopereira
In my house there are guitars everywhere so imagine the consecuences XD.
04.01.2008 - 18:34
torniojaws
We've got rehearsals with Relativity a few times per week, except during some weeks before gigs we rehearse a bit more, maybe 4-5 times a week. Outside of that, I occasionally play at home some random things, or play along to some albums. Then of course I compose new music, but usually only during the summer and early fall.
----
Vortech - New album out! VortechMusic.com Industrial Death Metal
05.01.2008 - 13:35
Septic Schizo
I try to play guitar the most time what i have free, it's few hour for a day.
19.01.2008 - 13:24
Alex Smith
I play almost all my free time. Thanks God, I have a lot of different instruments at home.
03.03.2008 - 16:08
Lord TJ
I havent been playing or learning anything new lately. I dont know about you guys, but when my guitar is in its case and all the cables are wrapped up (because I went somewhere with my stuff), its harder to get motivated to play.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

03.03.2008 - 19:36
AntaeusM
Elite
I try to practice half an hour a day. On free days I get this easily done, but when I also had a day at the university I am sometimes just too tired(or already worked too much with music at the university) to play something. I am kind of lucky that I learn quite fast. Oh and once a week 20 to 40 minutes of training from my teacher. Besides that I also spend -roughly- half an hour every day on attempting to compose something, or just playing around in the well-known computer programs.
03.03.2008 - 22:27
Hangar XVIII
Most of my time is guitar.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
04.03.2008 - 03:21
Hylia
I try and play at least an hour and a half a day, sometimes three.
04.03.2008 - 23:21
Varegan
Hamranakara
sometimes I'm so serious and I play quite a week and you cant separate me from guitar even with a splatter .but suddenly I become so sad and I leave it for a month
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

08.03.2008 - 06:37
Evil Chip
I play Bass and keyboards like one hour a day practicing theory and tecnic, but most of the time Im composing and making arrangement for otrer instruments.
08.03.2008 - 23:13
Sunioj
These days, I've been jamming a lot more then I've been practicing. Perhaps even 2 or 3 hours at a time.
16.03.2008 - 13:42
Agaatho
At least once a day.
19.03.2008 - 03:54
JESTER576
Account deleted
I try to practice at least once a day for about na hour....I know that sucks. But I'm improving which is good. Just need to practice more.
22.03.2008 - 21:22
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I try and maintain daily guitar practicing, but sometimes I'm at my friends for the whole day, but the next day i'll reward myself with a couple of hours of practicing. There are days i practice several times, usually on weekends because i have more time, on week nights after a long day of school i go for at least an hour, or else if im to tired i tend to do half an hour.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
27.03.2008 - 18:21
metal666
Account deleted
at least an hour a day...
i got a really unmusicaly family so not much inspiration in the daily life but thats no exuse i know:)
i practise more in holidays and weekends in nighttime dunno why but its more fun:D
21.05.2008 - 22:41
vatro
Account deleted
I practice every day 2-3 hours
22.05.2008 - 18:32
Lord TJ
Written by [user id=32755] on 21.05.2008 at 22:41

How long have you been playing? I remember the first year I began playing I played that much a day. Now that I bought a life on Ebay I don't practice as much.
----

22.05.2008 - 18:35
vatro
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 22.05.2008 at 18:32

Written by [user id=32755] on 21.05.2008 at 22:41

How long have you been playing? I remember the first year I began playing I played that much a day. Now that I bought a life on Ebay I don't practice as much.

i've been playing for 5 years and i get used to practice a lot
20.11.2008 - 09:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I play whenever i have free time between my exhaustive routine of drinking, smoking, doing drugs, going to school/working and sometimes doing homework. so i play a HUGE amount haha.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.11.2008 - 09:55
I try to play at least 30 minutes a day. sometimes I'll play a couple of hours, but thats rare.
----
oderint dum metuant
20.11.2008 - 17:00
PM
Hail Lusitânia
I play guitar (acoustic) and also mandolin (electric), but only sometimes...

Of course i play more often during the holidays and so, but on school time, i just dont feel like doing it many times...

And yeah, someone mentioned the fact that it becomes kinda boring to play all the same musics. It's true. I don't have a band either, but i end up playing with some friends, on some places, and that's nice to keep on practicing and perhaps learn something new..
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
24.11.2008 - 22:20
Frankenchrist
I play every single fuggin day for at least an hour and a half.
----
Blat Blat
25.11.2008 - 17:23
Sunioj
I found that its useful not to over-practice. Probably some of you would say 'how can too much be negative?' Well, if you are on an instrument that requires certain strength to pluck a note, doing scales for three hours a day can play a toll on your fretting hand.

So I take a day off every 5 days or so. Even though having the right technique should prevent strain on the fretting... I think I have the right technique down though. I can't imagine possibly playing my bass any other way that is comfortable.
30.11.2008 - 02:51
MetalSpider
Not as often as I would like thats for sure.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.02.2009 - 08:10
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
All the time, lol. i just broke my guitar strings on Hail and Kill of Manowar, lol, for the second time
18.04.2009 - 12:41
RockeRoy
I play for at least three hours every day, but it's usualy more. But sometimes ofcourse i have to do some other things that get in the way
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell