05. Flâneurs
06. Lily By Lily
07. Ubiquitous Divinity
08. Trawling The Depths
09. Mourning Dove
10. Schemes Of Fulfillment
11. Pleroma

Additional info
Recorded, mixed and mastered by Matt Very - Very Tight Recordings.
Artwork by David D'Andrea.

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 44 users
24.06.2024 - 16:58
Vellichor
That cover is like a mix between between No Help by Subrosa and Born by Birth
28.06.2024 - 11:41
Rating: 8
musclassia
Staff
Cool album, kind of on the border of being prog and being arguably avant-garde with how it flickers between styles and brings in the chamber instruments, it's very ambitious and mostly pulls off everything it tries successfully
02.07.2024 - 00:13
Rating: 8
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by musclassia on 28.06.2024 at 11:41

Cool album, kind of on the border of being prog and being arguably avant-garde with how it flickers between styles and brings in the chamber instruments, it's very ambitious and mostly pulls off everything it tries successfully

Quite a big step up from their last album as well, which was a little too disjointed. They really flirt with madness on this album, more or less skirting that fine edge of “complete mess” and enthralling.
09.07.2024 - 10:54
Diced man
I think I get it - it's called 'Pleroma' - because it is to capture the 'fulness of life'' defined as such -not just the deviant and corrupted stuff most death-metal concerns itself with.
We still get Steven Jarett's trademark micro riffs which he stencils as trenchant comments or abstract ornaments across those death metal ''concertos'' and the wealth of shafting master riffs. But for half of the album length all this is enhanced, shot through and refined with ''other music''. I love it for it's masterclass musicality, the drama and theatricality of it.
08.08.2024 - 11:25
Rating: 10
qnick90
Probably the most creative album of the 2020s. Took me a few listens for me to wrap my head around this and to understand this. On the first listen it was just weird tech death louisily mishmashed with other genres, but then I went deeper... The tech death parts are sooo interesting with micro riffs and the jazzy and folky interludes just work together. Beautiful thing of weirdness, not easy to get intonit... and I wasnt this amazed since Wilderuns Veil of Imagination (which is a completely different beast)

Hits total: 460 | This month: 58