Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by Vanhellis, 04.05.2007 - 02:29
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
29.07.2007 - 11:34
Charly546
Written by GothHorizon on 28.07.2007 at 14:42

Written by Charly546 on 28.07.2007 at 13:02

This is actually very simple choice. IM gets my vote. Because they are above-average at their worst, they didn't do stuff like St.Anger and above all else i just like them more.

you know what?when you think about it st.anger not that bad
of course it cant compare to the first 5 albums but it nice

Well I even don't like the first albums much. I mean theire decent, hell even good (and very overhyped), but I heard St. Anger right after hearing Master of Puppets. I thought, like what the hell, what has became of this band? And btw, about St. Anger, is it just me, or there are no guitar solos?
29.07.2007 - 15:23
GothHorizon
Written by Charly546 on 29.07.2007 at 11:34

Written by GothHorizon on 28.07.2007 at 14:42

Written by Charly546 on 28.07.2007 at 13:02

This is actually very simple choice. IM gets my vote. Because they are above-average at their worst, they didn't do stuff like St.Anger and above all else i just like them more.

you know what?when you think about it st.anger not that bad
of course it cant compare to the first 5 albums but it nice

Well I even don't like the first albums much. I mean theire decent, hell even good (and very overhyped), but I heard St. Anger right after hearing Master of Puppets. I thought, like what the hell, what has became of this band? And btw, about St. Anger, is it just me, or there are no guitar solos?

yes there are no any guitar solos and its the main disadvantage in the album, like what the hell??Metallica without solos??
lets pray together for the next album.
----
Great Israeli Metal:
Orphaned Land-myspace.com/orphanedmyspace
Salem-myspace.com/11075777
Metal scenT-myspace.com/metalscentband
Betzefer-myspace.com/betzefer
More:Whorecore/Distorted
For More:forums.metalist.co.il/forum_posts.asp?TID=7555&PN=1
05.08.2007 - 13:43
fwhmbltols
Account deleted
Metallica by a millenium mile!!!!!!!!!!!
10.08.2007 - 06:35
selken
Irreligious
Iron Maiden, although i'm mainly a thrasher, IM is the root of so many metal, their style has been in the same vein, maybe I listen to first Metallica albums more often but as a overall IM is best.
----
22.08.2007 - 10:19
Oracle
Orcinus
I would have to say Iron Maiden. imo Metallica has just died for me. i mean i still like them but only their old stuff. Iron Maiden have been very Successful over the years, i mean Metallica have been too but their 90s stuff just doesnt appeal to me.
22.08.2007 - 10:50
Nimlot
A. Reader
For me definitely Metallica, they've always been a grater influence on me and besides the Iron Maiden concert in Bulgaria was of lowest standard the band didn't even play for an hour and a half there wasn't even "No more lies" or "Rainmaker". They just went out on the stage played 12 songs without stopping 3 more for an encore and had a fake tank with a Eddie dummy. There was almost no contact with the audience it was a huge let down. So Metallica for me is a better band, anyway this is only my opinion and I'm more of a thrash than a classic heavy metal kinda guy, oh yeah and Maiden has this sort of a wimpy sond to them, even the "Nu" Metallica (which is not true they are just a bit more comersе) сsounds better to me.
22.08.2007 - 15:54
Hyvaarin
Written by Nimlot on 22.08.2007 at 10:50

For me definitely Metallica, they've always been a grater influence on me and besides the Iron Maiden concert in Bulgaria was of lowest standard the band didn't even play for an hour and a half there wasn't even "No more lies" or "Rainmaker".

So what's the problem?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
22.08.2007 - 15:57
Nimlot
A. Reader
well I wanted to hear these songs live they played only the usual and it w2as very shot the Manowar concert was : 2 hours and a half with Sixth Sense and Holyhell than 3 hours with Manowar on stage.
23.08.2007 - 00:01
Spooks
Account deleted
Hard Choice here cause i'm pretty much into both of them. But I'll say Iron Maiden, cause I don't really like metallica's post-Black Album era. There are a couple of songs I like, but it's all.
I like Maiden more, cause their recent works remains greats. Not in the same way as their firts, but still great
30.08.2007 - 01:51
Chaosgoat
I'd say Metallica not because they're better, or more influential, but because I like them more (at least there first four albums).
30.08.2007 - 08:20
Judas
The Amputator
Iron Maiden, most definitely. Metallica aren't as influential, aren't as cool, and certainly aren't as good, at least to my mind. Up the Irons.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
30.08.2007 - 11:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 22.08.2007 at 10:19

I would have to say Iron Maiden. imo Metallica has just died for me. i mean i still like them but only their old stuff. Iron Maiden have been very Successful over the years, i mean Metallica have been too but their 90s stuff just doesnt appeal to me.

Whats wrong to new IM, IMO thay are more better how old, more hvavyer
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.08.2007 - 16:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 30.08.2007 at 11:28

He never said that it was anything wrong with new IM, he said he only likes the old Metallica stuff.
----
30.08.2007 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 30.08.2007 at 16:53

Written by Bad English on 30.08.2007 at 11:28

He never said that it was anything wrong with new IM, he said he only likes the old Metallica stuff.

SHE and in morning I wake uf whit Irish Coffe, fix fucking rooter wire, gad mad that nio i-net drink olbain and find mobile phone wire and fix my inter, and start posting here while I had i - net
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.08.2007 - 05:06
?CANNIBAL?
Account deleted
im so sick of people bashing on ST.Anger!
damn it was okay quit comparing shit to their old cds!
sound changes theyre sound changed!
dont compare a cd thats 20 years old to it!
but the snare did suck bawlz!
n I prefer metallica
but its a hard choice to say cus IM is a influence of metallica
so....
31.08.2007 - 17:17
Dekadance
Account deleted
Definitely Iron Maiden \m/

Yeah Metallica might have been revolutionary, but then they dug a grave for themselves....and then they dug further....and now they're digging past Satan. iron Maiden however managed to stay on top of things through out all these years.....Metallica deteriorated since the death of Cliff Burton at an accelerated rate.

@?CANNIBAL?
yeah sounds change (nothing wrong with that), but with experience a band should become better at playing, metallica however did the opposite. Their over all musical quality has gone down
12.10.2007 - 20:50
Mustis
Account deleted
Men in how many forums i have to say, YOU CANT COMPARE IRON MAIDEN WITH METALLICA, Iron Maiden are the gods of metal, Metallica died long long ago, now they are really bad, old albums were good but since black album they died, and Iron Maiden Still great after 32 years playing, the only bad album of Maiden was the x factor, but when Dickinson returned to maiden they rock again.

IRON MAIDEN RULES they are true gods of metal
14.10.2007 - 01:55
Olli
I love both bands but Metallica wins it slightly for me. Their probably not as influential as Iron Maiden, but my personal taste is Metallica.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
18.10.2007 - 00:35
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
This was easy for me me - Iron Maiden
18.10.2007 - 03:52
Thrash666
Well if there was no Iron Maiden, there is no Metallica. I like Metallica more but Maiden wins this battle
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
18.10.2007 - 05:17
PowerMetal
Account deleted
The question is which do you like most. So I'll answer that one. First for me, Bruce Dickinson is one of the most amazing voices, and front men ever. Period. He beats Hetfield hands down. Secondly, I also enjoy the type of music NWOBHM over thrash, which of course favors Iron Maiden. Lastly, longevity. Iron Maiden is still producing high quality albums while most would agree Metallica hasn't produced a killer album since "Master of Puppets". Ultimately it comes to personal taste, and mine is being locked into an Iron Maiden.
19.10.2007 - 19:15
Purge
Account deleted
For me, both bands are about the same. Maiden were the first band i ever got into in a big way but Metallica introduced me to a more aggressive sound. Maiden have probably done more classic albums but, to be honest, I wouldn't give either band the time of day anymore. Metallica have tried to be Korn and Iron Maiden are trying to be Yes...both are failing miserably in my opinion. Gimme Ride the Lightning and Live After Death... or better yet, screw em both and give me Wintersun!
22.10.2007 - 19:23
marillionfan
Account deleted
Iron Maiden got my vote. To my ears at least they're more competent musicians than Metallica; Metallica went downhill after Load and have had poorly inspired albums ever since. Since bruce rejoined Maiden, they've released 3 really good albums.
03.11.2007 - 06:09
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Iron Maiden for sure! Maiden was more influential, they have a better vocalist, catchier and more memorable riffs and after decades Iron Maiden still has their sound. Their new work obviously isn't as good as "Powerslave" or "Number of the Beast" but "A Matter of Life and Death" still had some memorable tracks, for example "Different World".
Metallica on the other hand only seems to care about money, constantly changing their style to the most popular music of the time. Metallica was great in the old days but compared to gods like Maiden? lol
04.11.2007 - 00:40
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Iron Maiden.

Absolutely pointless thread by the way. Might as well compare The Beatles to Slayer.
04.11.2007 - 01:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Iron Maiden most definately

I really don't like Metallica. I mean both bands are overrated to some degree, but Maiden is much better!
05.11.2007 - 00:21
RhysTerk
Well, Iron Maiden got me into metal but Metallica is WAY better!
05.11.2007 - 04:59
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Lol I like how Maiden is winning by so much....long live Steve Harris!

Fuck Metallica lol they put out like 2 good releases
05.11.2007 - 08:28
Ellie
Account deleted
Maiden!
07.11.2007 - 00:08
Metal Rob!!
Account deleted
When I listened to the first Metallica records was hen I became a Metal Maniac. Even when I first listened to Black Album. But when I had in my hands the Load and later records I went disspointed...and when I listened to St. Anger I wanted to trhow it trough the window, it really sucks...
But Maiden goes heavier and heavier, better and better, even in the called "worst Maiden albums" there are songs that make you bang your head like no other...:wall: