Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by Vanhellis, 04.05.2007 - 02:29
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
15.11.2007 - 16:41
IllNiñoSweden
Iron Maiden is better than Metalica.
16.11.2007 - 01:23
bucky01403
Account deleted
Maiden of course, if not just because of the sheer amount of quality albums. As opposed to Metallica's three and a half good to great albums.
16.11.2007 - 10:43
Kharn
Account deleted
I Was never an iron maiden fan, they are a good band but i don't like thier style.

Have listened to metallica since i was young and they got me into heavier stuff.
25.11.2007 - 19:54
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by [user id=26418] on 07.11.2007 at 00:08

When I listened to the first Metallica records was hen I became a Metal Maniac. Even when I first listened to Black Album. But when I had in my hands the Load and later records I went disspointed...and when I listened to St. Anger I wanted to trhow it trough the window, it really sucks...
But Maiden goes heavier and heavier, better and better, even in the called "worst Maiden albums" there are songs that make you bang your head like no other...:wall:

Well I just bought "No Prayer For The Dying", and I got to be honest, it was so disapointing. I was really surprised of how bad it actually was. I meen, to give Maiden some credit that one song "Run Silent Run Deep" was fairly good, but the rest was just awfull. I won't be hearing that album very much, that's all I can say. I hope that Prayer is the Maiden St. Anger album, coz if not... Well that's sad.
----
THRASH!!!
25.11.2007 - 22:49
Sticksrock
Account deleted
I would choose any Maiden song over any Metallica song. For me Maiden have been the most consistent band. A lot of other bands decide to do something really different to their usual stuff but Maiden have stayed pretty much the same with a few obvious exceptions. I dont get why Metallica decided to change so much after making 3-4 great albums
25.11.2007 - 23:15
Smurfophagist
Well that is a very hard choice...I don't really know... They both had their good days and their bad days. I would choose Master of Puppets over No Prayer For The Dying any day, but the same goes for Matter Of Life And Death over St. Anger. This is very hard for me to decide. Even though my girlfriend hates Metallica and Maiden is her favorite band
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
26.11.2007 - 06:06
panchowl
This poll is so easy for me, Iron Maiden of course! The best band on earth!

Metallica, what can I say? the Black Album was their last respectable album! (from they beginning to this realese I love all of their albums!) but I mean: 1996 ("Load" album) to present... 11 years of only pile of shit!!!

This can't compare with the 27 glorious years of Iron Maiden!

Sorry if I offend somebody, not my intention
26.11.2007 - 21:28
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by panchowl on 26.11.2007 at 06:06

[...] Sorry if I offend somebody, not my intention

Sure it was
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.11.2007 - 12:22
In Chaos
Iron Maiden is so much better than Metallica. don't get me wrong, Metallica is bad ass, but nothing compared to Iron Maiden.
27.11.2007 - 18:45
Smurfophagist
Written by panchowl on 26.11.2007 at 06:06

This can't compare with the 27 glorious years of Iron Maiden!

Well, i don't know, Death On The Road and Matter Of Life And Death kinda sucked ass. No offense this is just my modest opinion
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
28.11.2007 - 00:14
panchowl
That's perfect brothers! All of we think different and have different points of view in Metal!
And of course, I respect all opinions!
28.11.2007 - 06:14
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
damn this is too diffucult i just love 2 bands mmm i vote Iron Maiden because they havent released such bad albums like Metallica´s Load Reload and St. Anger
----
Stay Metal !!!
28.11.2007 - 23:05
Timsen
Account deleted
Written by In Chaos on 27.11.2007 at 12:22

Iron Maiden is so much better than Metallica. don't get me wrong, Metallica is bad ass, but nothing compared to Iron Maiden.

Absolutely correct.
By the way I did not await that Metallica may have more votes then Maiden... ;-)
Iron Maiden is much more multi-faceted and melodic.
08.12.2007 - 01:47
Metalbound7
the two bands that get me into metal!! Metallica "was" a great band but i have to choose Maiden whitout doubt. man, is iron Maiden, they are Gods!
08.12.2007 - 02:13
mankvill
Iron Maiden by far. It's not even really a fair fight, in my opinion.
08.12.2007 - 02:40
Moeror
Even though their style differ, Iron Maiden wins hands down!!!
----
On the plain lies an angel, dead
12.12.2007 - 18:23
xVovax
i think that Iron Maiden is better,but metallica is not bad.
12.12.2007 - 18:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Ride The Lightning. The only really good album I know of the two bands.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.12.2007 - 19:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, I actually love like 95 % of the studio albums from both these bands. But then again, those two where my very first Metal bands.
----
12.12.2007 - 20:29
Lord TJ
I think its safe to say that Iron Maiden kicked Metallica's ass in this site.

But yea, Im seeing a lot of posts of people just stating what they voted.

WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR WHO YOU VOTED FOR?!?!?!?!?!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
12.12.2007 - 20:41
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Lord TJ on 12.12.2007 at 20:29

I think its safe to say that Iron Maiden kicked Metallica's ass in this site.

But yea, Im seeing a lot of posts of people just stating what they voted.

WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR WHO YOU VOTED FOR?!?!?!?!?!

I agree man, it's so annoying! Still it's nothing compared to the "Top 10 albums/songs"-topics!
----
12.12.2007 - 21:00
Demonmayonnaise
Iron Maiden won my vote easily. Metallica was good, i give them that. But its fucking Iron Maiden... Need I say more?
13.12.2007 - 16:44
Philaenas
Account deleted
My vote went to Iron Maiden. I just love their style a whole lot more! And they give a killer live performance (never seen Metallica live though...). Somehow Metallica doesn't do it for me.
13.12.2007 - 23:13
MetallicA
haha yeah you guys know what I picked...
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
13.12.2007 - 23:43
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Written by MetallicA on 13.12.2007 at 23:13

haha yeah you guys know what I picked...

Yeah! I support your vote. My favorite band... is with Iron Maiden in a extreme battle. Metallica is my favorite one... and Iron Maiden is my wife's favorite one. So, Metallica rules!!!!

So, I just know that I was in the Metallica concert in 99 (Bogotá). Now, I'll go to the Iron Maiden show with my wife. But, just try to remember one main idea...

Metallica rules the world!!!!!!!
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
18.12.2007 - 18:30
Ascalon
Maiden it's just an amazing, huge, and awesome band ... a classic of classics, byt maybe Metallica for me has more power in their musical proposal and more ideas in ther lyrics, it's difficult to choose definetely but if I have to make a decission I would vote for Metallica... sorry Maiden : (
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
24.12.2007 - 04:44
JunN_Vai
Maiden n Metallicva huh....their both are great. I like them. And to you guys who hate Metallica at all, just remember that they have many hard time, and as we know hard time can make people better and better (experience is a good teacher). Beside that, Metallica promised to all headbangers, they will make Master of Puppets sound like album in 2008. Just wait and see...
And once again, I like both.......
24.12.2007 - 07:25
phantasmagoria72
Account deleted
if bruce would sing in maiden like he sings on his solo shit i be a little more swayed metallica gets my vote for most listenable for the last 30 yrs
24.12.2007 - 07:28
phantasmagoria72
Account deleted
Written by [user id=27817] on 24.12.2007 at 07:25

if bruce would sing in maiden like he sings on his solo shit i be a little more swayed metallica gets my vote for most listenable for the last 30 yrs

30.12.2007 - 02:54
Alex Smith
I am a huge fan of Iron Maiden. And I'm bored of Metallica (perhaps, because I was playing drums a lot of their songs in the past). Anyway, Iron Maiden's music more melodic, than Metallica's...