Metal Storm logo
Totally Fucking Gay - With Friends Like These Who Needs Enemas? review

Reviewer:

1 user:
Band: Totally Fucking Gay
Album: With Friends Like These Who Needs Enemas?
Style: Grindcore
Release date: 2005

01. Elton John Is Hot
02. I Wanna Blow Justin Timberlake
03. A Celebration Of Our Manliness
04. Jail Aint So Bad
05. Girls Are Icky
06. Men In Uniform
07. Hetero Bashing
08. An Orgy With The Village People

Ok did you read the band name already? Well, read it again please?Great! now you know how this album sounds. I could stop the review right here but apparently I have to be more professional and deep and blah, so here we go.

Totally Fucking Gay is a Grindcore band which uses synthesizers and a lot of keyboards in their music, kind of like S.M.E.S but not as cool. We have a band playing Electro-grind with a fruity concept, just check their lyrics, "Elton John Is Hot"? What the flying fuck these guys where thinking while writing their concept down? Beats me, but here I am writing some words because I received their album to review a month ago; I had my doubts about doing this as they didn't give me much material from where to dig good things, and my mommy always told me "If you can't say good things about someone, just shut the fuck up for the love of god", then I showed this to my girlfriend and she said "wow, do you like it this way or more pathetic", I really hope she didn't think I was showing her a gay DVD or something.

Some tracks are kind of catchy but the whole thing cracks when the dual vocals appear, one of them is the average grindcore screaming, but the second kind is apparently a gay man begging for a blowjob and it's really freaking annoying. The music is boring as watching grass grow; I actually think is way more entertaining to see that kind of things than to hear this album. The comedy concept doesn't work as they, instead of being funny, become a bunch of homophobic homosexuals you see? I know? oxymoron all over the place.

I don't want to write more about this shit; so I give you my classic closure for albums like this one. Things I learned while hearing With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemas? :

a) Totally Fucking Gay is totally fucking gay indeed.
b) No matter what this band thinks, Elton John is not hot.
c) Elton John may perhaps be hot to some people though.
d) Someone out there actually wants to blow Justin Timberlake and thinks his balls taste great; the same someone also wants to smack Justin's ass with a plastic spatula?Oh My God.
e) Homosexuals masturbate with enemas on a regular basis.
f) Anal Blast and Anal Cunt aren't as bad as I thought..
g) Beach + muscled man = the gayest cover in metal history.
h) Manowar cried because this band didn't mention them in their lyrics.
i) Tight and red underwear will make your package look bigger.
j) Hey, what do you know? There is a gayer band than H.I.M after all.

Stay away from this release.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 2
Songwriting: 2
Originality: 6
Production: 3

Written by Herzebeth | 14.06.2006

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 54   Visited by: 160 users
04.08.2006 - 03:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Elijah on 21.06.2006 at 17:45

I have to download this just for the hilarity.

So do I. And like Aresius said, don't messwith Manowar!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
24.09.2006 - 23:09
iaberis
Advice Troll
I accidentally found this band by typing "gay" in the band search!
Giga - LOL !!!
I'm going to download this shit too!
----
Bitch! Please
24.09.2006 - 23:44
Richard

I suspect that 'Totally Fucking Gay' are making a statement here, holding up a mirror to the typical 'goregrind' attitude and saying look, you can take any subject and make it as extreme as possible, but it just becomes ridiculous. The goregrind bands that have missed the inherent irony of the early Carcass records and just try to 'out-sick' each other are on a pointless self-defeating mission and don't offer anything worthwhile lyrically or conceptually. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it seems to me that's what TFG are saying - and of course, some people aren't going to like it because of that, and that's the reaction they want.
----
21.11.2006 - 05:31
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yo! Where can I listen a sample of this? For informational reasons only of course! I searched for it but did't find anything
----
Bitch! Please
02.12.2006 - 03:29
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by iaberis on 21.11.2006 at 05:31

Yo! Where can I listen a sample of this? For informational reasons only of course! I searched for it but did't find anything

Unfortunately, they don't have a place where you can download their music. Just see what Herzebeth said:
Quote:

No they don't have a site man..the only think they have is an e-mail, you can contact them to buy their album...but I don't recommend you to do it this album sucks not only by its concept but by the music as well...
02.12.2006 - 16:51
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Guest on 02.12.2006 at 03:29

Written by iaberis on 21.11.2006 at 05:31

Unfortunately, they don't have a place where you can download their music. Just see what Herzebeth said:
Quote:

No they don't have a site man..the only think they have is an e-mail, you can contact them to buy their album...but I don't recommend you to do it this album sucks not only by its concept but by the music as well...

I don't want to buy this shit!!! I don't support bands that suck!!! I just want to download one or two tracks, to see how much they suck!!!
If I like them, then I will buy the album... that's how I work
----
Bitch! Please
07.01.2007 - 13:12
Suicide Bug
Account deleted
Written by Richard on 24.09.2006 at 23:44

I suspect that 'Totally Fucking Gay' are making a statement here, holding up a mirror to the typical 'goregrind' attitude and saying look, you can take any subject and make it as extreme as possible, but it just becomes ridiculous. The goregrind bands that have missed the inherent irony of the early Carcass records and just try to 'out-sick' each other are on a pointless self-defeating mission and don't offer anything worthwhile lyrically or conceptually. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it seems to me that's what TFG are saying - and of course, some people aren't going to like it because of that, and that's the reaction they want.

That's my man. Personally I wouldn't be able to appreciate any grindcore band if I thought they were actually serious.
26.04.2007 - 08:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Man this review is going to do the exact opposite to me, its sounds so bad I have to hear it!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.04.2007 - 08:42
W-Lash
Metal Master
Sounds like shit. No wonder that only 3.
29.04.2007 - 03:42
Bitch Boy

The song names are really stupid
06.03.2008 - 18:33
Kange
Account deleted
It's obviously a gimmick.
They're just trying to get a rise out of people because they think it's funny.
13.07.2008 - 08:14
Herzebeth

Written by Guest on 06.03.2008 at 18:33

It's obviously a gimmick.
They're just trying to get a rise out of people because they think it's funny.

you think??

wow!!!
----
23.08.2008 - 19:23
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
woooah woah woah...
WHAT THE FUCK
17.10.2008 - 12:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I think this band has achieved something respectable despite all the hearsay: An album that offends EVERYONE.
17.10.2008 - 13:15
Leonidas

Damn this is funny!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:I can only take this as a joke (a good one though;D)!Who needs enemas....hahahahahaha!
17.10.2008 - 22:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
wtf is this? great review
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
18.05.2010 - 00:30
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
WTF!? Well the review, at least, was worthy of reading! And I'll stay away from this album!
----
Last.fm
18.05.2010 - 02:40
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Hey! Wash your melt before mentioning Anal Cunt.....

Damn...

Either way, it's weird that no one has prontified to fill the band's profile Im scare to look for the band's picture on Google images..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
19.06.2010 - 07:19
Fermium

WTF kinda name is that. Pretty funny though, sad thing is somehow this is the first page I ever saw from this website. Don't know how.
29.09.2011 - 05:31
Void Eater
Account deleted
I just typed in Fuck in the band search... I'm guessing that Rob Halford helped with the lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE
30.09.2011 - 18:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.06.2012 - 19:27
Infernal Eternal

Nice one LOL.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
11.06.2020 - 01:37
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hahahaha the good old days.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
05.07.2022 - 17:00
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
amazing
--> Found this through Starvynth's list

Hits total: 12593 | This month: 9