Metal Storm logo
Angra - Scores High In Japanese Readers' Polls

Two main Japanese publications included Angra and its members in several recent polls.

Young Guitar presented the following results for the best guitar player of 2005:

1. Alexi Laiho
2. John Petrucci
3. KIKO LOUREIRO (of Angra)
4. Yngwie J. Malmsteen
5. Michael Amott

Two writers of the world famous Burrn! magazine put Angra in first place of their personal lists: Yasuhito Kitai considered Kiko Loureiro the best guitar player of 2005 and Naomi Ohno chose Felipe Andreoli the best bass player.

Burrn! magazine readers also elected Angra in six of the main categories:

Best band: 13th place (winner: Judas Priest)
Best singer: 14th place (winner: Rob Halford - Judas Priest)
Best guitar player: Kiko 11th place; Rafael 38 th place (winner: Alexi Laiho - Children Of Bodom)
Best bass player: 16th place (winner: Nikki Sixx - Mötley Crüe)
Best drummer: 9th place (winner: Tommy Lee - Mötley Crüe)
Best gig: 4th place (winner: Judas Priest)

Last but least, Power Rock Today (a renowned Japanese radio show), hosted by Masa Itoh, conducted a survey amongst its listeners to come up with the best shows and bands of 2005. Angra was granted a 10th place in the Best Show category.

Source: angra.net
Band profile: Angra
Posted: 12.06.2006 by Sekhmet

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 2 users
15.06.2006 - 17:06
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
i think those result are bullshit, i mean, kiko loureiro is better than laiho and yngwie is better than kiko. And waht iis this: Nikki Sixx best bass player? PLease!
16.06.2006 - 02:34
Maybeth
Account deleted
Laiho better than Petrucci and Malmasteen?
03.07.2006 - 03:31
Pianoman
Account deleted
The poll is quite rare but is righ that Kiko Loureiro is one of the best guitar players in the metal scene. Felipe Andreoli is too an amazing bass player and he only is 20 yo so he has a great future. But the most talentous of the band for me is Aquiles Priester that is monster in the drums. He really play with tecnic and feeling. In the double kick is one of the I've ever seen. Edu Falaschi is very good in the vocals too but not so as Andre Matos that is one of the best singer of melodic metal.

Hits total: 2655 | This month: 21