Metal Storm logo
Anathema - New Album Update

Anathema are very pleased to announce that the "Hindsight" album has been finished and the masters have been sent to the record company. As you may be aware, "Hindsight" is a semi acoustic album of classic Anathema tracks, and includes one new song.

Work on the new Anathema album "Horizons" is already well underway. We expect this to be our greatest album by a long, long way.

In other news, Danny Cavanagh will be touring Norway and Sweden with Anneke Van Giersbergen, former singer of The Gathering and now with Agua De Annique. Expect some special performances together. Not to be missed!

Danny Cavanagh / Anneke Van Giersbergen tour dates:

June 12 - Glassheim, Jevnaker, Norway
June 13 - Ravnedalen, Kristiansand, Norway
June 14 - Blue Garden, Trondheim, Norway
June 15 - Buckleys, Oslo, Norway
June 16 - Klubb Garage, Marsta/Stockholm, Sweden

In related news, Anathema have posted the following:

"It has been brought to our attention that the "Spherical Minds" album "Fern" is being passed around the internet as Anathema new material. The only Anathema new material we have released online are the three songs you can find on this site and on our Myspace page. Any supposed "demo" of any other song is probably Danny Cavanagh doing guest vocals on the "Spherical Minds" album. So just to let you know, if you think you are listening to "Lightning Song" or "Bricks"... you are not."

Source: anathema.ws
Band profile: Anathema
Posted: 22.05.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 41   Visited by: 165 users
22.05.2008 - 16:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
somebody are interesting into band music nowdays?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.05.2008 - 16:24
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2008 at 16:18

Is this a serious question? You know the world didn't stop turning in 1992, right?
IMO Anathema's music nowadays is much more interesting than their (boring) doom years.
22.05.2008 - 16:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 22.05.2008 at 16:24

Is this a serious question? You know the world didn't stop turning in 1992, right?
IMO Anathema's music nowadays is much more interesting than their (boring) doom years.

Yes it was seariuss, because Anathema fans dont like band nowdays, same like Paradise Lost, katatonia, Amorpfis, for me those bands was awsome only in those days
I try listen thos ebands nowdays but cant, 2 songs and I dealite albums from PC , Im happy Im own those old good doom
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 16:33
Asitis

Ehm yeah? I am a big doommetal fan, and it's couldn't be slow and dark enough for me.. But Anathema's doom albums are some of the worst I had ever heard oO ..those vocals, aaarhhh!

But nowadays they finally found a sound that suits the musicians. I agree, it's not very metal anymore but I don't care?
Just like Ulver, get less-metal by the album, but do keep getting better each time.
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
22.05.2008 - 16:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

Their doom years boring? Since when? Darren White era Anathema is still by far their best period imo. At least the music was interesting back then whereas currrently it is as boring as mixing Pink Floyd with current day The Gathering, while new Paradise Lost is watching.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2008 - 16:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Asitis on 22.05.2008 at 16:33

Ehm yeah? I am a big doommetal fan, and it's couldn't be slow and dark enough for me.. But Anathema's doom albums are some of the worst I had ever heard oO ..those vocals, aaarhhh!

But nowadays they finally found a sound that suits the musicians. I agree, it's not very metal anymore but I don't care?
Just like Ulver, get less-metal by the album, but do keep getting better each time.

About Anathema ok but I realy like song ''Everwake'' is my top song of this band
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 16:41
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2008 at 16:27

Yes it was seariuss, because Anathema fans dont like band nowdays

People who like the first two albums only are not fans of the band, they just like the first two albums And honestly, there's not that many people who like Anathema's old days better than what they do now (I'm not saying everybody like them better now, of course). It's different for Paradise Lost and Katatonia.
22.05.2008 - 16:42
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.05.2008 at 16:39

Their doom years boring? Since when?

Since it is my opinion. I'm not a fan of their doom years. Period.
22.05.2008 - 16:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 22.05.2008 at 16:41

Yes it was seariuss, because Anathema fans dont like band nowdays

And honestly, there's not that many people who like Anathema's old days better than what they do now ...

Actually most people I know who like metal here in The Netherlands prefer Anathema's old days to the uninspired alternative pop rock stuff they now churn out.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2008 - 16:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 22.05.2008 at 16:42

Okay maybe I am turning insane (or it is my old age catching up with me) But I clearly remember you (Collin, Deadsoulman that is) saying a couple of months ago that you were a fan of their Crestfallen & Serenades releases.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2008 - 16:51
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.05.2008 at 16:47

Written by Deadsoulman on 22.05.2008 at 16:42

Okay maybe I am turning insane (or it is my old age catching up with me) But I clearly remember you (Collin, Deadsoulman that is) saying a couple of months ago that you were a fan of their Crestfallen & Serenades releases.

Eh I think age is really catching up with you
I'm definitely not a fan of these releases. I can't say that I hate them or that they're very bad, I just find them average and I don't enjoy Darren White's vocals The oldest Anathema album I really find interesting is The Silent Enigma.
22.05.2008 - 17:02
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
when some band change their genre . we shouldnt comparison that case ,cuza the band in new genre toward in perfection ( in their mind ) . anathema had best doom at first and now , have a most successfully

I'm fan of band by all means .
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
22.05.2008 - 17:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
For exzmple I can not stand The Gathering, and Anathema nowdays, but I can not stand nowdays generalt Becah Boys, Animals ... are better how Anathema nowdays , and you was write about fans, there are 2 generation fans of band, but for Anathema Crastfallen and serenades are best work and will be best work, so I never will see band live(I wont go wtach nowdays) but those who saw tehm and hear in that time was so lucky, I think I need a doctor because I had soem apranoia about living in wrong time
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 17:07
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned

Their doom years boring? Since when? Darren White era Anathema is still by far their best period imo. At least the music was interesting back then whereas currrently it is as boring as mixing Pink Floyd with current day The Gathering, while new Paradise Lost is watching.

Well, saying a band is boring is just like saying they are good or bad - a reflection of a personal opinion. I think all doom metal is boring

Written by Asitis on 22.05.2008 at 16:33

Good point there!

Concerning the news, it's too band they don't come further down in Sweden...
22.05.2008 - 17:17
VPeter

Yes it was seariuss, because Anathema fans dont like band nowdays, same like Paradise Lost, katatonia, Amorpfis, for me those bands was awsome only in those days
I try listen thos ebands nowdays but cant, 2 songs and I dealite albums from PC , Im happy Im own those old good doom

bullshit, how can they be fans of a band if they only half enjoy what they are making and Paradise Lost and the others actually have gotten more fans over the years.
22.05.2008 - 17:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VPeter on 22.05.2008 at 17:17

bullshit, how can they be fans of a band if they only half enjoy what they are making and Paradise Lost and the others actually have gotten more fans over the years.

NEW generation fans who dont lsiten such metal like old one, for example ask Richard what he thinks about new albums aand old one,
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 17:28
VPeter
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2008 at 17:21

Written by VPeter on 22.05.2008 at 17:17

NEW generation fans who dont lsiten such metal like old one, for example ask Richard what he thinks about new albums aand old one,

that does make them bad, I just hate for example the black metal fans who enjoy Mortiis's old ambient era but go all hate on the new and declare that they are the true fans of mortiis and that mortiis betrayed them.
22.05.2008 - 17:57
Hamird
Lieutenant
i don't like the new anathema, they are not comparable to the old ones. the silent enigma was masterpiece
22.05.2008 - 18:06
dancingdecember
anathema was great back then,anathema is great still.

anathema never did lame stuff while they evolve with every album.there is so many doom metal bands so its not a loss if they are not doing doom metal.

i like every single album of them and im glad they did different things with every album coz that way every album holds another special spot and you can listen to them in different moods and have different kinf of joy.

so sweet tears? YES and temporary peace? YES.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
22.05.2008 - 18:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Any person in this thread is wrong or right...
It's just a matter of tastes for fuck's sake.

But still... K7:s question is just bullshit since it's obvious that many people like nowdays Anathema... It's very unnecesary to ask that.

Something that Tyr said it's very true... You can't be a fan if you only like one or two albums by the band and them you hate very album they bame after that... that's indeed bullshit.

And about Anathema... I like them from Silent Enigma to A natural Disaster.. so, I think I can be a fan of the band... I have a hard time to get into Eternity because it sounds a bit boring sometimes... But their doom/death wasn't the best I heard in my life.. and it's boring as fuck but that's only me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.05.2008 - 19:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.05.2008 at 18:26

Any person in this thread is wrong or right...
It's just a matter of tastes for fuck's sake.

But still... K7:s question is just bullshit since it's obvious that many people like nowdays Anathema... It's very unnecesary to ask that.

Something that Tyr said it's very true... You can't be a fan if you only like one or two albums by the band and them you hate very album they bame after that... that's indeed bullshit.

And about Anathema... I like them from Silent Enigma to A natural Disaster.. so, I think I can be a fan of the band... I have a hard time to get into Eternity because it sounds a bit boring sometimes... But their doom/death wasn't the best I heard in my life.. and it's boring as fuck but that's only me.

I am not a fan of Anathema that is true. I am only a fan of their releases up to and including The Silent Enigma. I agree with you that one isn't a fan of a band when one only likes a couple of their albums.

Like with Metallica I used to be a fan theirs and now I am only a fan of their first three albums and their Garage Inc. album
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2008 - 19:17
FOOCK Nam
The acoustic album very captivate me. This is the third one I find after Envelking - The Scythe and another one of Walls Of Jericho
22.05.2008 - 19:23
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i was waiting for this semi-acoustic album cause i think they will disappoint me with their new studio album
22.05.2008 - 19:37
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

im agree that anathema isnt good for this new album which they r tryin to release,but i cant say that their last albums was bad. at least their lyrics were good. but unfortunately at their new songs they speak about "OCEANS OF BELIEF" ! and they dont care about their words now. for example they have a lyric about : "we are just a moment in time" and now at the last songs of them i saw that they wrote that "we r not just a moment in time"

it means that they were nihil and now they r believers! so i think its better that they change their name too!
cause someone cant be believer under the name of ANATHEM. its kiddin its bad its fuckin.

PS:its very amazin that u(k7) r religious and u say that u like their old stafft as "We Are The Bible". and now u dont like them as they r a little religious now!!

this is why i told Marcel that lyrics are important at metal but he wasnt agree with me.
22.05.2008 - 20:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im not I even dont like Ebigma album and doubt If I will like, only Grasfallen n Serenaids

Black God - Realigion and Anathema(I hope you know what is Anathema) its 2 diferent thinks because nowdays band give up/sold out them belifes and doom atmosfere
Lyrics are impoortant tahys hod what band belive and also there bands say filospofy of music,
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 20:40
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm excited to hear the new album. I don't think its good to say it'll be our best release ever though, although every band says that, its just not realistic and sets the bar too high.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.05.2008 - 21:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 22.05.2008 at 20:40

I'm excited to hear the new album. I don't think its good to say it'll be our best release ever though, although every band says that, its just not realistic and sets the bar too high.

Best realise ever, its firts albums from ewery band those are best realise ever
----

apos;'
[image]
22.05.2008 - 21:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2008 at 21:09

Written by BloodTears on 22.05.2008 at 20:40

Best realise ever, its firts albums from ewery band those are best realise ever

Oh thank you sakis.

I wouldnt necessarily say that all the first albums of every band are the best but that happens a lot and bands keep saying its their best job and they built unrealistic expectations on people, and then we get all pissed because of this and that.

Maybe if they would avoid that type of statement, things would go smoother.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.05.2008 - 22:27
Ivor
Staff
Written by BloodTears on 22.05.2008 at 21:23

[---]

I wouldnt necessarily say that all the first albums of every band are the best but that happens a lot and bands keep saying its their best job and they built unrealistic expectations on people, and then we get all pissed because of this and that.

Maybe if they would avoid that type of statement, things would go smoother.

There's actually very much hidden in such a statement. Not to say that upcoming work is your best is admitting your failure. Not only that but saying otherwise means you have lost your purpose. I mean, what's the use of doing anything if you don't believe in it? You do things you like because generally you do believe that you can do it better, while you think like that you give maximum effort.

As for the album. Really can't wait for it. Saying that their music is boring is matter of choice, I like their music, suits me well.

And what really got me interested is that Danny and Anneke are doing shows together. That's something I'd really like to hear.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
22.05.2008 - 23:05
Stigma
Account deleted
Well, no matter which one do you prefer, the doom years or the current sound, there's no denying that these comments show how interesting band Anathema still is.

Hits total: 9602 | This month: 10