Metal Storm logo
You Suck!!

Written by: Herzebeth
Published: 30.05.2008

So the culture of "You Suck!" arrived and it's stronger than ever...

I was all happy polishing my nice CD collection, I noticed my lack of a buckethead album so I went to the local record store just to find almost every single album by that fellow is more expensive than a piña colonic, so I bought the following items instead:

Buckethead - Enter The Chicken
The Kooks - Konk
Mogwai - Rock Action
Godspeed You Black Emperor - Slow Riot For New Zero Canada EP

All of a sudden an old guy (you know with geek glasses, short hair an old candlemass shirt and the classic old man fat belly) basically just looking old (he was maybe 40 or so) came to me and said...

Old Dude: So I noticed you are wearing a Carcass shirt, cool band and all, you going' CD huntin' today aren't ya'?

I thought..."uh a friendly geek, what a nice thing..."

Herz: Sort of, I just wanted some Buckethead for my collection and...

Old Dude: *Going Crazy* Buckethead?!?!?!!? what the fuck are you doing wearing a Carcass shirt if you like Buckethead?

Herz: Well uhm...what's the big deal, I'm open minded I guess...

Old Dude: *sees my new CD's* and Mogwai? Dude you suck!

Herz: WTF?!?!

Old Dude: *enters an office while looking really geek and senior*

Turns out the dude was the owner of the fucking store; so it makes me wonder, a dude who's almost 40 years old owns a record shop, he's a metal-head and hates almost everything that doesn't sound classic or old-school...then I figure, why the fuck does he opens a record shop with tons of rock albums and lacks of musical appreciation...to feel better about himself? to buy food for his kids? to earn the right of saying "you suck" to people with non metal albums on their to-buy list?

Are we all elitists? me calling him a Geek doesn't makes me that open-minded neither right? we then have "anti-poser" topics throughout the entire forum, I've seen people throwing bottles at emos and posers in concerts... yes they suck...but why really?

The thing is, maybe that old dude should have been polishing his phonograph while listening to old hippie bands like May Blitz or Iron Butterfly...he decided not to and starts listening to metal to feel less old...good for him, way to go!... but then bashes a helpless little kid (me) for buying things he doesn't like, WTF?

why the hell do most people wants to feel more like a connoiseur by telling other people "they suck"???

In the end there will be always someone more clever than you, more experienced than you, with ten times more CD's than you and so on...still we see someone with less stuff and we obviously take the chance and inmediately say "You Suck"!!!! it feels so warm and nice...but it's fucking wrong...right?...right? come on I KNOW YOU'VE USED THIS PHRASE MORE THAN ONCE!!!

so anyway, this was my nice experience this day, if you didn't like it just read the title again

Comments

Comments: 63   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 341 users
30.05.2008 - 15:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
lol "and Mogwai? YOU SUCK!!"
30.05.2008 - 17:36
Herzebeth

Written by Valentin B on 30.05.2008 at 15:18

lol "and Mogwai? YOU SUCK!!"

dude didn't you see I'm on a very sad state of mind?

Lol...yeah I got owned
----
30.05.2008 - 20:18
Bloodshed
Account deleted
How come you bought Konk? LOL

Anyway, I think people just become more pretentious with time, my personal opinion would be if a guy is cool enough to wear a carcass shirt then he probably has good taste in music, I guess he saw your handful and kicked himself, then obviously turned into a bully for you LOL.

All in all, I do like non-metal music and I do like buckethead as well, so it's just a matter of taste that's all. Oh and Education, who yells at somebody for buying a CD? I mean really, who does that?
31.05.2008 - 04:48
Deus Ex Machina

I love how you made it seem that 45-ish is as old as dirt

That was such a ridiculous situation. I can't even get it completely. It's JUST music. Who gives a shit about how many CD's someone has or what genre bands a person listens too? Wow. Who counts, cares and does that?

Point being... that dude - he should relax.
31.05.2008 - 11:10
Torelli

Now that is an intresting title!

But, seriously, can you do no other then laugh about it? That kind of comment would make may day complety, considering how ridiculous and laughable it is.
31.05.2008 - 12:26
destroyah
supercharger
I honestly can't even comment on this one... What horrible thing could Mogwai possibly have done to that man?
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
31.05.2008 - 12:57
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by destroyah on 31.05.2008 at 12:26

I honestly can't even comment on this one... What horrible thing could Mogwai possibly have done to that man?

We'd better leave this private subject alone, no ?
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
31.05.2008 - 21:45
Herzebeth

Didn't you see Gremlins? Maybe he got really scared and never actually forgot his fears...if you feed a mogwai after midnight they'll become horrible monsters ready to laugh at Snowhite and the seven dwarfs...really fucked up!

You have no idea how much I LOVE this creature Gizmo is obviously my favorite Mogwai /
----
01.06.2008 - 12:16
destroyah
supercharger
Written by Herzebeth on 31.05.2008 at 21:45

Didn't you see Gremlins? Maybe he got really scared and never actually forgot his fears...if you feed a mogwai after midnight they'll become horrible monsters ready to laugh at Snowhite and the seven dwarfs...really fucked up!

You have no idea how much I LOVE this creature Gizmo is obviously my favorite Mogwai /

Aaaaahhhh yeeaaah - now i remember
----
About me:

01.06.2008 - 15:08
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I have a Gizmo toy. I take it with me on all long journeys. Too bad I cant wash him.
01.06.2008 - 19:01
Herzebeth

Written by jupitreas on 01.06.2008 at 15:08

I have a Gizmo toy. I take it with me on all long journeys. Too bad I cant wash him.

Dude really?

I've been meaning to buy one, I saw one that actually sings and dances like Gizmo but it's expensive like hell (50 bucks)

EDIT: Found it on the internet, is this one the one you have?

----
01.06.2008 - 19:18
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
no, mine is just a stuffed gizmo. its basically the same as a stuffed bear, just that, well, its not a bear
01.06.2008 - 19:33
Herzebeth

Written by jupitreas on 01.06.2008 at 19:18

no, mine is just a stuffed gizmo. its basically the same as a stuffed bear, just that, well, its not a bear

I guess it's even better then, you can sleep with it and hug it I've been looking for a simple stuffed Gizmo but all I find are ugly dolls with weird looking faces and ugly ears...

A friend tried to sell me this one, it looks like a weird chewbacca
----
01.06.2008 - 19:39
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
lmao, that gizmo is totally ridiculous haha.

this is the one i have:

it looks basically the same as the movie gizmo, and it sits on top of a speaker in my room (when we're not travelling that is).
02.06.2008 - 13:55
Deadsoulman

Written by Herzebeth on 30.05.2008 at 08:35

an old guy (you know with geek glasses, short hair an old candlemass shirt and the classic old man fat belly) basically just looking old (he was maybe 40 or so)

Man, that looks so much like a perfect description of Marcel
02.06.2008 - 17:14
Herzebeth

Written by Deadsoulman on 02.06.2008 at 13:55

an old guy (you know with geek glasses, short hair an old candlemass shirt and the classic old man fat belly) basically just looking old (he was maybe 40 or so)

LOL...Marcel ain't Geek is he?

Or maybe everyone in the world starts looking EXACTLY the same after turning 40 something
----
02.06.2008 - 21:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Herzebeth on 02.06.2008 at 17:14

Or maybe everyone in the world starts looking EXACTLY the same after turning 40 something

I might or might not be a geek

But the description of glasses (though mine are of the geek type ), short hair, old Candlemass T-shirt (though I had to throw that one away), fat beer belly & 40 or so years old, does sound uncannily like me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.06.2008 - 23:02
Herzebeth

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.06.2008 at 21:59

Written by Herzebeth on 02.06.2008 at 17:14

I might or might not be a geek

But the description of glasses (though mine are of the geek type ), short hair, old Candlemass T-shirt (though I had to throw that one away), fat beer belly & 40 or so years old, does sound uncannily like me.

well I took the liberty of browsing through your pics in the gallery...you look more like an entrepeneur than a geek dear metal o' Friend hehehe...though I can see how Collin said you fit the description LOL...

come to think of it, the old guy that raped me did had an odd Dutch accent...uhm...makes me wonder...
----
02.06.2008 - 23:23
Ivor
Staff
Yeah, there's a whole country in Europe that breeds the kinds like Marcel. I do agree with Collin, that description made me think of Marcel as well. Though, his English is clean.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
04.06.2008 - 19:38
Darkside Momo
Retired
I think he hid from everyone the fact that he has a second life in mexico.
----

I am awake"
24.06.2008 - 21:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
What a bastard. When I get hassled by old people I try and act like an arrogant spoiled brat and brag about how youthful I am just to screw with 'em.

BTW-Where the hell the Gremlins discussion come from?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.06.2008 - 13:40
Deadsoulman

Written by Doc G. on 24.06.2008 at 21:56

BTW-Where the hell the Gremlins discussion come from?

From Herz buying a Mogwai album - Mogwai being the race of Gizmo
25.06.2008 - 18:03
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
the word is species, not race, you racist
25.06.2008 - 19:13
Deadsoulman

Lol, yeah, while typing I was thinking that something wasn't quite right but I couldn't find the correct word
26.06.2008 - 02:17
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
dismal had a chance to see my Gizmo at Hellfest (this is NOT a euphemism!). As I said, it is my travel companion and since I travel a lot I take it with me whenever I leave the country. Sounds like a silly superstition but the one time I didnt take him I had my wallet stolen...
26.06.2008 - 11:58
destroyah
supercharger
Written by jupitreas on 26.06.2008 at 02:17

Sounds like a silly superstition but the one time I didnt take him I had my wallet stolen...

Now I don't wanna say anything about your Gizmo but did you ask if he had an alibi?
----
About me:

26.06.2008 - 15:31
Jason W.
Razorbliss

dismal had a chance to see my Gizmo at Hellfest (this is NOT a euphemism!).

!!!!

As I said, it is my travel companion and since I travel a lot I take it with me whenever I leave the country. Sounds like a silly superstition but the one time I didnt take him I had my wallet stolen...

Yes and it was very cool! I can't say I have anything for trips where I have had to fly to get there, but I always have a road trip companion that "protects" the car, haha. Anyway, I think I will watch the Gremlins movie after work now!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.06.2008 - 01:29
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by destroyah on 26.06.2008 at 11:58

Sounds like a silly superstition but the one time I didnt take him I had my wallet stolen...

Now I don't wanna say anything about your Gizmo but did you ask if he had an alibi?

Let's bet he hasn't.
----

I am awake"
29.06.2008 - 02:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Lol... that guy was a bastard.

I think that metalheads must be very humble with their tastes and knowledge about the music.
You have the right to think "damm.. that guy sucks" But too say that it's another thing IMO.

I have tr00 people that cares about the genre.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.08.2008 - 15:28
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Really nice Cd's you bought. Love all of them, especially the GY!BE EP

Hits total: 9132 | This month: 23